Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-11-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

2 new iphone discoveries on a long trip - how to stream pandora & use iPhone over USB

1. If you are using waze while streaming pandora over bluetooth, the USB port is not enough to charge the iphone. It will still slowly lose power. I had to switch to a power-port iphone charger. This is for an iPhone 6.

2. I've NEVER been able to attach my iPhone over a USB cable and stream pandora and simultaneously use my iphone for other things. If I exited pandora app on the phone, it would stop streaming/pause. I couldn't look at a text, look at an e-mail, etc.

Yesterday I finally found a workaround: If you are streaming pandora, make a phone call, and then plug in the phone while it's dialing/on the call....it will continue streaming normally when the call ends, you'll be able to use your iphone. What a weird software quirk.
      05-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
1. If you are using waze while streaming pandora over bluetooth, the USB port is not enough to charge the iphone. It will still slowly lose power. I had to switch to a power-port iphone charger. This is for an iPhone 6.

2. I've NEVER been able to attach my iPhone over a USB cable and stream pandora and simultaneously use my iphone for other things. If I exited pandora app on the phone, it would stop streaming/pause. I couldn't look at a text, look at an e-mail, etc.

Yesterday I finally found a workaround: If you are streaming pandora, make a phone call, and then plug in the phone while it's dialing/on the call....it will continue streaming normally when the call ends, you'll be able to use your iphone. What a weird software quirk.

I believe it's because you have a '15 and their charging ports may have a lower amp rating. The 2016's don't have that problem. Also, have you tried using Bluetooth connectivity? It should allow you to stream music, Google maps, etc. all at the same time without having to plug-in all the time.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #3
h1d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 - BSM

If you leave it streaming and alternate while its still streaming between radio and media a couple of times that will also work. You can at least avoid making a phone call...

so... just start the stream... press radio... then press media... then radio... and then finally media and it works...

Stupid work around...
Appreciate 0