Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
DublinM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust-Good Deal?

Have an opportunity to purchase a slightly used cat-back Eisenmann Sport Exhaust for my 2015 M4 for $2k installed. Good deal??
Yeah the stock exhaust pretty much sucks, and I was prepared to live with it, but feel that I may be passing up a good opportunity to make the car sound much better
Thanks in advance for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
oinkoink
Finland
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 -2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinM4 View Post
Have an opportunity to purchase a slightly used cat-back Eisenmann Sport Exhaust for my 2015 M4 for $2k installed. Good deal??
Yeah the stock exhaust pretty much sucks, and I was prepared to live with it, but feel that I may be passing up a good opportunity to make the car sound much better
Are you able to inspect the condition of the exhaust? Sounds like a sweet deal if the exhaust is in good condition.

I just had Milltek's full exhaust installed last week and I couldn't be happier. Milltek's cat-back was ~2400€ if I remember right. If I am correct, Eisenmann represents some what of a more prestigious brand than Milltek. So in that regard I'd say 2k for the cat-back + installation sounds like a nice deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Do you like the eisnemann exhaust sound? If so, check the condition of the exhaust and take it if its good.

I would not buy an exhaust just because of the savings, first make sure you like the sound. For $2000 there are other options that sound really nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #4
DublinM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Do you like the eisnemann exhaust sound? If so, check the condition of the exhaust and take it if its good.

I would not buy an exhaust just because of the savings, first make sure you like the sound. For $2000 there are other options that sound really nice
Thanks for the feedback.. There in lies the rub...I'm not 100% sure if I like the sound because the one for sale has been removed and is sitting at the shop. Yes there are plenty of YouTube videos to listen to (and I have) but just ain't the same as real time...Worried a bit about droning at cruising speeds and it just being to loud in general. Realize that last comment maybe blasphemy on this forum but I'm a 54 year old guy and would rather hear the radio most of the time..Was hoping the Eisenmann exhaust would give me the best of both worlds..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

In my opinion, any aftermarket exhaust that doesn't have a single mid section design makes the same sound as stock, only louder and raspier. Personally, I'd just unplug the valves to leave them 100% open. Cold start is stupid, but otherwise it's as loud as I'd ever want it to be. Pretty docile once warmed up, and welding in some resonators reduced about 90% of the rasp and cleaned up the tone.

Idk, not trying to crap on all the exhaust manufacturers out there, but I'm not convinced anything other than AA mid pipe is worth it.

Best reasonably priced exhaust tone is a valve controller and resonators welded in, for <$500 installed. Followed by AA midpipe for ~$800-1000.
Appreciate 0