Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #23
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
And btw did you just get your F82 a week ago? Hahah
I got it Nov 30, thanks. Already has a tune, intake and exhaust on it.

You? How's yours, Scott?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #24
JcLusso
i build cool shit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Individual SMB F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2016 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I'll leave you an Mr Smith to yourselves. You've got bigger things to prove that have already been proven. I thank you for your duty. Much appreciated.

Are you going to repost Boss quotes in here too? All the more valuable. Thanks again.

Peace out.
I quoted Boss330 multiple times above and have no issues adding any others that he or anyone would like added.

Current: 2018 Individual San Marino Blue M3 | 2022 BSM X5 MC
Previous: 2018 BSM X5 M
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #25
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn
Quote:
And btw did you just get your F82 a week ago? Hahah
I got it Nov 30, thanks. Already has a tune, intake and exhaust on it.

You? How's yours, Scott?
Mines great thanks. Sorry must have misread the "today's the day" post on February 6th. My bad.

Glad to hear your car is doing well.
      02-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #26
mark5092
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C, 18 M3 ZCP, 20 Raptor

M3/M4 owners were spooked into believing that a crank hub issue existed. We should all be thankful that there is no proof and has never been any proof that a crank hub issue exists.
Appreciate 5
      02-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #27
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mines great thanks. Sorry must have misread the "today's the day" post on February 6th. My bad.

European delivery, and it rocked... Flattered that you researched.

I have awesome news! Your car isn't effected! Only the 435i, not the 428i. Whew!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...180&series=F32
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #28
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn
Quote:

European delivery, and it rocked... Flattered that you researched.

I have awesome news! Your car isn't effected! Only the 435i, not the 428i. Whew!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...180&series=F32
Awesome! Going to continue to stay in this thread due to my having more knowledge of this engine than you do, however, hope you can handle that.
      02-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #29
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Great post. Thanks for compiling.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #30
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Finally, a post that brings it altogether. After posting numerous times that there simply is no issue, it's nice to see a group expose it for what it is.

simply, there's no excuse for trying to scare the f8x community into thinking something that isn't so.

Plenty of engineers I know (not saying who they work for) are surprised this has gotten this far and people are buying into it. And needless to say, these engineers know this engine as completely as one can.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #31
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! Going to continue to stay in this thread due to my having more knowledge of this engine than you do, however, hope you can handle that.
That's okay. I'm sure I can come to grips in handling that. LOL. So, you both live on Longuyland, know Russo and are tag teaming, by reposting stuff. How cute.

Btw, I read that entire thread, as it happened in real-time, not on facebook with your buddy, and separate from your most excellent contributions. I'm glad you are so sure of yourself.

Peace out.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #32
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
That's okay. I'm sure I can come to grips in handling that. LOL. So, you both live on Longuyland, know Russo and are tag teaming, by reposting stuff. How cute.

Btw, I read that entire thread, as it happened in real-time, not on facebook with your buddy, and separate from your most excellent contributions. I'm glad you are so sure of yourself.

Peace out.
I think you are angry with the wrong people.
Appreciate 6
      02-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #33
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MThree_driver View Post
Finally, a post that brings it altogether. After posting numerous times that there simply is no issue, it's nice to see a group expose it for what it is.

simply, there's no excuse for trying to scare the f8x community into thinking something that isn't so.

Plenty of engineers I know (not saying who they work for) are surprised this has gotten this far and people are buying into it. And needless to say, these engineers know this engine as completely as one can.
There is a real problem with the crank hub. The wrong solution was implemented to fix it. That's it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #34
TPG Tuning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F82 M4

We will only make one post regarding this thread.

We are all welcome to form our own opinions. As stated in the other thread created by Kr3st, there has been a lot of informative information put out by a ton of members which I think everyone is thankful for. Collectively there will be advancement and that is the exciting part. There is already parts in the works to add additional strength and incorporate new ideas posted by members, that we are thankful for.

To address Kr3st, original post made. Originally I thought it may have been in good taste, although with time that theory has proven to be false. I previously stated the timeline of events that took place that led to this mass panic. They were pushed aside with no regard so I will reiterate them here now.

Phase One - Sameet had the unfortunate event of having his stock hub spin. It spun extremely bad, actually causing for vanos parts to be replaced as well. Upon installation of our part it was determined there could have been a faulty installation causing a cracked hub. Another hub was installed by another shop, worked well had thousands of miles , track passes, dyno pulls and eventually met its demise. Upon the second failure we talked about the possibility of it being a hub failure or a damaged crank snout. Another hub was fired in, another broken gear so on and so forth. Throughout this process we were in constant contact with Sameet asking for diagnosis of the crank snout to rule out that option. That diagnosis was in process still.

Phase Two - We receive a phone call about a possible spun hub using our system. We talk with the customer, we ask for more information. Tear down of the engine, diagnosis of the issue. This contact is at roughly February 3rd. 2-3pm.

Next day February 4th , Roughly 9:30 AM , Kr3st creates a thread saying he is sick and tired of things being " Hush Hush", he wants to bring issues to light, he feels we have swept things under the rug and left them unaddressed.

February 4th 2:09 PM - We receive confirmation of indeed a second customer with a failure.

The original thread starting this topic was created well before there was confirmation of a second failure. The original failure was in the process of being diagnosed and addressed. The second failure was in the process of being confirmed, before that could be completed the crucifixion had begun. The issue was well underway of being worked on with Sameet, having no other failures we had no reason to pull the product back.

Although the post generated was very beneficial, the way it was brought up, the wordage used and the opinions expressed in the original post were simply false and led people to believe we have no contact with the failures trying to pinpoint a reason.

We have heard the concerns, appreciate the feedback and look forward to producing a newer, stronger product to continue progression of the platform.

As for JcLusso , the thread compiled here is simply a smear campaign. Upon original contact months ago we received several PM's from members throughout various communities as to his personality and intentions. It had become clear to many others throughout time JcLusso and his trusty sidekick smithf32 were simply there to create and continue drama wherever they saw fit, we were advised to simply not address the couple.

What we can say throughout this entire process is that it has pushed us to find new ways to strengthen this platform. Originally we ran into an issue, had an idea, produced the idea, tested it on our personal cars and solved our issue. To this day we have been fortunate enough to have the original issue resolved using the original idea. However what we do understand, times change, power changes, parts change. There is always and will always be room for growth and improvement.

TPG is a company built with many years of experience, a company with unrivaled passion. We have battled our way throughout the years to produce some of the fastest and highest powered cars on the roads today. We will continue our development and we will continue pushing this platform harder and farther than ever expected. We want to thank the members of the community who have put vital feedback into the development of new parts and look forward to being around for many years to come.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #35
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
There is a real problem with the crank hub. The wrong solution was implemented to fix it. That's it.
That is simply false and unproven. Your four failures does not prove that BMW has a design flaw or that there "is a real problem with the crank hub".
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 3
      02-14-2016, 08:40 PM   #36
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG Tuning View Post

We are all welcome to form our own opinions. As stated in the other thread created by Kr3st, there has been a lot of informative information put out by a ton of members which I think everyone is thankful for. Collectively there will be advancement and that is the exciting part. There is already parts in the works to add additional strength and incorporate new ideas posted by members, that we are thankful for.

One question. If you know the part can fail, why are you still selling it, and why are you charging $100 more dollars for it?
      02-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #37
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
TPG is a company built with many years of experience, a company with unrivaled passion. We have battled our way throughout the years to produce some of the fastest and highest powered cars on the roads today. We will continue our development and we will continue pushing this platform harder and farther than ever expected. We want to thank the members of the community who have put vital feedback into the development of new parts and look forward to being around for many years to come.
Since there is a known problem with the TPG hub, why do you still continue to sell it, even increasing the price by $100
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 5
      02-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #38
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4
Quote:
That is simply false and unproven. Your four failures does not prove that BMW has a design flaw or that there "is a real problem with the crank hub".
Then why did it happen on my stock hub? Why did it happened to a stock car as well before dealer fixed mine? Pleaseeee enlighten me. It happened to Jesse@PURE. Terry@BMS himself has seen this problem. Are they not credible? Smfh

I will be waiting for your response to prove me wrong. You want me to bring up my service docs again showing dealer saw damage to stock hub?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #39
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Upon original contact months ago we received several PM's from members throughout various communities as to his personality and intentions.

Any proof of these PM's? Or is that going to go unseen, kind of like the proof your motor not being blown because of a failed crank.
      02-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #40
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Lets face it, you just want this whole thing to go away.

I don't understand how you could still be selling them when they have knowingly failed? And then Boss330 just tore you guys apart in the prev thread and you couldn't provide one coherent answer? At this point, I'd rather light my car on fire then put a TPG part in it.

And it's not a smear campaign but I get that you guys are looking for sympathy points at this stage in the game.
      02-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #41
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post

I don't understand how you could still be selling them when they have knowingly failed? And then Boss330 just tore you guys apart in the prev thread and you couldn't provide one coherent answer? At this point, I'd rather light my car on fire then put a TPG part in it.

And it's not a smear campaign but I get that you guys are looking for sympathy points at this stage in the game.
Hell, I would have been the first to give them sympathy if they would have stopped selling the damn thing, but no, they just continue to sell it and have even raised the price, that's really what bothers me about this whole thing to be honest.
      02-14-2016, 09:02 PM   #42
mlovernotafighter
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post

+100

TPG, don't you get it?!? when people look up "not as advertised", they'll see the definition is TPG.

You guys thought you could get away with selling an engine critical part that greandes engines? And then add to the "insult" by continuing to sell the part with a $100 up charge? Are you loco? Have some integrity, take down the part, and fix it - own up to it ... ok you have "unrivalled passion"? but how about having some "unrivalled integrity and customer service" for s&*s sake bro...brand basics 101.
Appreciate 3
      02-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #43
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Then why did it happen on my stock hub? Why did it happened to a stock car as well before dealer fixed mine? Pleaseeee enlighten me. It happened to Jesse@PURE. Terry@BMS himself has seen this problem. Are they not credible? Smfh

I will be waiting for your response to prove me wrong. You want me to bring up my service docs again showing dealer saw damage to stock hub?
It is very rare if at all on a stock/not money shifted car.

You guys really think that modding them as extensively as you do, pushing the envelope and probably past it that you are not going to run in to problems? Especially with how you use your car?

Of course shit is going to break.
Appreciate 4
      02-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #44
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I'll post once about this and just let it be.

I don't find this to be an issue at all. Apparently everyone has forgotten the golden rule of how the world works, shit breaks. Engine stuff fails, it's how it is. Having 1 part failing doesn't make it a "catastrophic" failure that makes ALL F8x users have to pay attention to. Until BMW comes out and tells us owners that this is a legitimate issue, I will never install ANY foreign part to my M4. To me, that is asking for trouble right away.

Second, if your engine has failed multiple times and only you, regardless of what you installed doesn't that give you a hint? I mean for fuck sakes does the phrase "Once is a chance, twice is coincidence, third time is a pattern." Mean something?

I find it very hard to believe that some people think car manufacturers are stupid and they don't pay attention. Enough people complained about the rocks and break disc issue BMW fixed it when they realized it was a real issue. If this is a real, legit issue, and more and more people are coming out to say it. BMW will know, it is that simple.

That is all I got to say about this, and I wish threads like this would stop fucking showing up and scare people about an issue that isn't real.

Edit: and SA, I won't say anything mean to you but your car is at 700+ HP. I'm pretty certain at that point ANY engine would have issues. I personally don't believe the S55 is suppose to get to that stage without having some mechanical issues. You have that part failed multiple times while the others who reported it are very few and far between. I 100% do not believe TPG's saying of "Thousands bought our product." That means jack without any evidence. Just because they have bought the piece doesn't mean they have the problem, that means TPG scared enough owners to buy the product.

Edit 2: If you aren't a true mechanical engineer that knows engines and how it works. STOP bullshitting us. I don't care who you are, even if you are a tuner. Unless you show me proof that you have a major in Mechanical Engineering, I won't believe a word you say.

Last edited by Arcades; 02-14-2016 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 5