Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
RidduLs
New Member
5
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F82, F15 35i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Shop and Build Advice

So I've been running a BM3 Stage 2 Tune with full exhaust for awhile now and I want more power..

I'm tossing around the idea of upgrading the turbos as I've seen a lot of people very happy with the results.

I'm also convinced it would be a good idea to do some crank hub preventative measures.

What are the best shops around the Mid-Atlantic that could help me out with the whole thing?

What do you think I should expect to spend for everything?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
qmp
Private First Class
101
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 15F80
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

I just completed a major build. Need to get EALm4 to organize a local meet. Usually a good range of mod F8X to check out. Past seasons we've held dyno days.
Appreciate 1
EALm43284.00

      03-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
F82Vanja
Lieutenant
F82Vanja's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
514
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmp View Post
I just completed a major build. Need to get EALm4 to organize a local meet. Usually a good range of mod F8X to check out. Past seasons we've held dyno days.
I'm down for meet
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
RidduLs
New Member
5
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F82, F15 35i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmp View Post
I just completed a major build. Need to get EALm4 to organize a local meet. Usually a good range of mod F8X to check out. Past seasons we've held dyno days.
If you don't mind me asking.. what did you do exactly? and through which shop? Cost? Results?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #5
cotmfk
Major General
cotmfk's Avatar
717
Rep
5,091
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

This is a timely subject. I used to be in the know on shops, but it's been a while.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #6
iewgnaw
I'm in your face
iewgnaw's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (3)

After seeing the EAS writeup on the full crank hubfix, I don't know any shops in the dmv area that I could do this with 100% certainly. I always go to induktion motorsports for the bigger jobs. Maybe I will call them to ask if they are interested in doing it for a group of us?
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: M4rylandf82
exterior: Enlaes front lip, Mode Carbon r1 rear diffuser, M performance trunk lip, M performance mirror caps
performance:AWE non-resonated exhaust 90mm diamond black tips, Swift Springs
Wheels:Volk TE37SL Mag Blue 18x9.5/18x11
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
qmp
Private First Class
101
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 15F80
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidduLs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmp View Post
I just completed a major build. Need to get EALm4 to organize a local meet. Usually a good range of mod F8X to check out. Past seasons we've held dyno days.
If you don't mind me asking.. what did you do exactly? and through which shop? Cost? Results?
I suggest MaximumPSI in NJ about 3 HRs from DMV area. maximumpsi Mike has served as beta tester for most of the turbo kits and performance parts made for F8X platform. I can't speak highly enough of his reputation, and skills.

I'll post up my build after I dial in the suspension, pocket some time slips and photo shoot.

MaximumPSI CHS $3850 out the door.

Pro
Proven track record. Record holder on multiple bmw platform. Competitive pricing. Build, race and sell in-house parts ( DP, intake,Crankhub).

Cons
Scheduling

If you want to stay local then I suggest speaking with Ahmad @ East Coast Euro. His shop is in Gaithersburg MD. While they work mostly on Benz I've seen them build a few other Euro. I believe he is the current 1/4 record holder for Benz CLK and recently reset the Audi TTRS/RS3 1/4 record (9.6@148) with one of his build.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:37 AM   #8
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
jeff@autocouture's Avatar
666
Rep
13,706
Posts


Drives: 1988 528e E28, 2013 MB C63 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidduLs View Post
So I've been running a BM3 Stage 2 Tune with full exhaust for awhile now and I want more power..

I'm tossing around the idea of upgrading the turbos as I've seen a lot of people very happy with the results.

I'm also convinced it would be a good idea to do some crank hub preventative measures.

What are the best shops around the Mid-Atlantic that could help me out with the whole thing?

What do you think I should expect to spend for everything?
If you are willing to take the trip, we have done plenty of Turbo / Crank hub jobs and would be happy to help you out.
Appreciate 1
EALm43284.00

      03-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
EALm4
Colonel
EALm4's Avatar
United_States
3284
Rep
2,014
Posts

Drives: SO 16' M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (1)

I can vouch for Autocouture and their shop. James and I had our DME's unlocked, down pipes, charge pipes, mids, etc...installed there. Very nice shop cool people.

I wouldnt take a crank hub job to Induktion. Ed is a good guy but I think his techs are more catered to the standard performance installs and maintenance.

qmp dyno day for sure is needed. Plus track days
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #10
iewgnaw
I'm in your face
iewgnaw's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@autocouture View Post
If you are willing to take the trip, we have done plenty of Turbo / Crank hub jobs and would be happy to help you out.
how many hours is the full crank hub fix job?
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: M4rylandf82
exterior: Enlaes front lip, Mode Carbon r1 rear diffuser, M performance trunk lip, M performance mirror caps
performance:AWE non-resonated exhaust 90mm diamond black tips, Swift Springs
Wheels:Volk TE37SL Mag Blue 18x9.5/18x11
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 03:19 PM   #11
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
jeff@autocouture's Avatar
666
Rep
13,706
Posts


Drives: 1988 528e E28, 2013 MB C63 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iewgnaw View Post
how many hours is the full crank hub fix job?
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:44 PM   #12
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
75
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (2)

New Shops?

*Thread Bump*

Has anyone come across shops closer to the DC area that may be handy at putting in the crankhub fix for the S55?

I've been looking at tuningtechFS in Crofton, MD and Pure Automotive in Millersville, MD, but haven't reached out to either yet.

Anyone have any experience with them or have another shop in mind that would be able to perform the install?
__________________
Down for Maintenance
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #13
F82Vanja
Lieutenant
F82Vanja's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
514
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60orBust View Post
*Thread Bump*

Has anyone come across shops closer to the DC area that may be handy at putting in the crankhub fix for the S55?

I've been looking at tuningtechFS in Crofton, MD and Pure Automotive in Millersville, MD, but haven't reached out to either yet.

Anyone have any experience with them or have another shop in mind that would be able to perform the install?
RRT?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 12:47 AM   #14
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
75
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FastEuro View Post
RRT?
http://www.rrtautomotive.com/ in Sterling might be good, but unfortunately still a hike for me.

With a limited number of resources to pick me up from whatever shop does the install, I'm trying to avoid a two hour uber ride home.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 07:43 AM   #15
F82Vanja
Lieutenant
F82Vanja's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
514
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60orBust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FastEuro View Post
RRT?
http://www.rrtautomotive.com/ in Sterling might be good, but unfortunately still a hike for me.

With a limited number of resources to pick me up from whatever shop does the install, I'm trying to avoid a two hour uber ride home.
It is a 2 day job, probably the most intensive thing you'll do to the car, so I'd take it to the best shop possible and just get a rental.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
copafred87
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

GT Peace Auto in Chantilly. Free loaner vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:28 PM   #17
adeelio
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: Black F30
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copafeel87 View Post
GT Peace Auto in Chantilly. Free loaner vehicles.
+1 Galen and Shawn ftw
__________________
F30 > XDrive > 6MT > MSport | "Franks Tune" (TTFS) | Wagner FMIC | VSRF Charge Pipes | Catless DP | P3 Gauge |
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #18
Maddiction
New Member
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F80 M3, 964
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copafeel87 View Post
GT Peace Auto in Chantilly. Free loaner vehicles.
Has anyone had them or RRT do the crank hub fix? Looking at getting mine done too.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 08:38 AM   #19
dheanswer
Private First Class
36
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: AY F82
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: VA

iTrader: (5)

For what it's worth, I took mine straight to the source - MaxPSI. Dropped it off on a Saturday and picked it up Thursday the following week. I did it for the peace of mind knowing that they've done the fix multiple times (Mike can probably do it with his eyes closed).

I go to GTPeace for other things. Great group of guys there.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #20
ptper
Captain
367
Rep
939
Posts

Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheanswer View Post
For what it's worth, I took mine straight to the source - MaxPSI. Dropped it off on a Saturday and picked it up Thursday the following week. I did it for the peace of mind knowing that they've done the fix multiple times (Mike can probably do it with his eyes closed).

I go to GTPeace for other things. Great group of guys there.
Did MaxPSI install they're own or SSR's? According to their website, they're sold out, and I understand it's a discontinued product now.

OP - I've used RRT a few times. The shop is top notch, but I'm not sure they've done a crank hub solution. Give Alex or Mike a call. They'll be able to tell you what's up.

Good to know about GTPeace Auto. Always a plus to have another quality shop around the DMV.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #21
dheanswer
Private First Class
36
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: AY F82
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: VA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Did MaxPSI install they're own or SSR's? According to their website, they're sold out, and I understand it's a discontinued product now.

OP - I've used RRT a few times. The shop is top notch, but I'm not sure they've done a crank hub solution. Give Alex or Mike a call. They'll be able to tell you what's up.

Good to know about GTPeace Auto. Always a plus to have another quality shop around the DMV.
I went to them early last year before they discontinued the product.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #22
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
75
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (2)

Spoke with GT Auto a few days ago and they prefer doing the VTT spline lock kit vs the MaxPSI due to the installation needing to drill into the crank.

I'm not looking to build any kind of dragster, just get some piece of mind with BM3 and some turbos / downpipes, so now I'm on the fence between MaxPSI and VTT...

__________________
Down for Maintenance
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST