BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #221
Powaup
Brigadier General
Powaup's Avatar
United_States
1100
Rep
3,653
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
HUD imo is a must. I love the HUD in my 7 but the HUD in the M cars even sweeter because of the rev display.
+1000
HUD should be standard at this point
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #222
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
500
Rep
7,992
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
wow u placed an actual order? or you put down your deposit? If you placed an order did you get any clues on pricing?
No one can place an order except dealers for their two allocated cars right now. Customer options and pricing will not be released until around launch in January.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #223
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
Sir Loin's Avatar
United_States
268
Rep
1,850
Posts

Drives: Silverstone F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

So the M performance steering wheel won't be available initially? I wonder if it could be added to the car later...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #224
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
turbolag's Avatar
19
Rep
1,127
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
So the M performance steering wheel won't be available initially? I wonder if it could be added to the car later...
They're ALWAYS added later.

They're normally port-installed, which means they have to be added after production anyways. I don't think they do stuff like MPE/MPS/PPK at the factory, during/before production.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #225
solstice
Brigadier General
1548
Rep
4,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

So, it checked out some colors today by visiting dealers:

300 – Alpine White # I've never been a huge fan since it's a bit off-white with a slight yellow hue.
B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic # IMO looks boring on the F30 and F32 and make them invisible in a crowd.
475 – Black Sapphire Metallic # My F10 was this color. I like it but wanted a lighter color this time.
B50 – Sakhir Orange Metallic # Nice but orange is still orange. Will likely get old sooner than later..
A29 – Silverstone Metallic # I really want to like this color but it's rather flat looking and that baby blue hue is not really doing it for me.
B67 – Austin Yellow Metallic (preview pic) # Don't need to see. I don't like yellow on cars.
A96 – Mineral White Metallic # Unfortunately this is also quite flat and boring. Wish it had more depth and sparkle in it to better pop in overcast.
B68 – Yas Marina Blue Metallic (see photos/video) # The pictures are just a bit to wild.

This won't be easy.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #226
Uneedthis2
Private First Class
United_States
14
Rep
194
Posts

Drives: '13 335i M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kentucky

iTrader: (0)

I'm highly considering just a white with the CF roof, a lip and a small lip spoiler all in CF
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #227
SamS
Major General
SamS's Avatar
United_States
792
Rep
6,199
Posts

Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
So, it checked out some colors today by visiting dealers:

300 – Alpine White # I've never been a huge fan since it's a bit off-white with a slight yellow hue.
B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic # IMO looks boring on the F30 and F32 and make them invisible in a crowd.
475 – Black Sapphire Metallic # My F10 was this color. I like it but wanted a lighter color this time.
B50 – Sakhir Orange Metallic # Nice but orange is still orange. Will likely get old sooner than later..
A29 – Silverstone Metallic # I really want to like this color but it's rather flat looking and that baby blue hue is not really doing it for me.
B67 – Austin Yellow Metallic (preview pic) # Don't need to see. I don't like yellow on cars.
A96 – Mineral White Metallic # Unfortunately this is also quite flat and boring. Wish it had more depth and sparkle in it to better pop in overcast.
B68 – Yas Marina Blue Metallic (see photos/video) # The pictures are just a bit to wild.

This won't be easy.
I could have written this exact post. Too bad so few color choices. For now, Alpine White F80 with the CF roof might be my favorite. The Sonoma beige would be nice with this! Basically the opposite of my past two cars, which are Jerez/Black Sapphire with black interior.
__________________
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance - current
2018 X3 M40i - current
2016 M3 - sold
2013 ActiveHybrid 3 - sold
2012 M3 coupe - sold
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #228
solstice
Brigadier General
1548
Rep
4,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneedthis2 View Post
I'm highly considering just a white with the CF roof, a lip and a small lip spoiler all in CF
This is what I'm currently leaning towards as well. So very,very common on E92s but still nice. Just wish AW was a cleaner white. It definately looks a bit cream next to our white Cayenne. These would be my top 5 choices for individual paint:

1. Pure Metal Silver
2. Frozen Silver
3. San Marino Blue
4. Monte Carlo Blue
5. Space Grey.

And I can easily add another 5 I would select over the colors we are given this far.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #229
solstice
Brigadier General
1548
Rep
4,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I could have written this exact post. Too bad so few color choices. For now, Alpine White F80 with the CF roof might be my favorite. The Sonoma beige would be nice with this! Basically the opposite of my past two cars, which are Jerez/Black Sapphire with black interior.
Wow, my 2 last cars are also Jerez and Saphire black.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #230
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
turbolag's Avatar
19
Rep
1,127
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
This is what I'm currently leaning towards as well. So very,very common on E92s but still nice. Just wish AW was a cleaner white. It definately looks a bit cream next to our white Cayenne. These would be my top 5 choices for individual paint:

1. Pure Metal Silver
2. Frozen Silver
3. San Marino Blue
4. Monte Carlo Blue
5. Space Grey.

And I can easily add another 5 I would select over the colors we are given this far.
There are no colors I like from the list, except maybe Sakhir. I could probably deal with it for a year, then it'll become an eyesore.

AW is nice. It's plain, and certainly tolerable. But it's very boring. 3 years into my E90, I'm getting tired of it. I wish I had ordered Space Grey instead.

Interlagos, San marino, Le Mans, PMS, Space Grey, those were all beautiful colors. They had so much depth and 'wow' factor whenever you see one of those colors. Their not overdone, but they were beautiful and one could never get tired of them.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #231
Uneedthis2
Private First Class
United_States
14
Rep
194
Posts

Drives: '13 335i M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kentucky

iTrader: (0)

Intergalos would be my #1 choice but there's no way I'm paying $5500 just for the paint color
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #232
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
United_States
803
Rep
3,350
Posts

Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

I mean, maybe it's because I had an F10 in DG I metallic, but i think this looks pretty damn good.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #233
duk
///M
United_States
131
Rep
3,153
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

no 'red' interior?
__________________
2011.5 AW/FR E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #234
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
390
Rep
4,574
Posts

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
no 'red' interior?
Sakhir Orange is pretty dang red.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #235
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
Sir Loin's Avatar
United_States
268
Rep
1,850
Posts

Drives: Silverstone F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
They're ALWAYS added later.

They're normally port-installed, which means they have to be added after production anyways. I don't think they do stuff like MPE/MPS/PPK at the factory, during/before production.
Thanks turbolag. I didn't know that. That's good news.

I hope the steering column is already pre-wired to accept the M performance steering wheel. I saw an installation video on youtube (for an M6 I think) that there is an extra wire to connect to the M performance steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #236
sal501
Captain
sal501's Avatar
58
Rep
604
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dublin CA

iTrader: (0)

Can someone please do a rendering of M4 in Sakhir Orange color with black 19 wheels/blacked out grills? I am thinking given the color palette, this is one of the sportier colors. If there is already a color mockup, kindly share ...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #237
jbockrd
Lieutenant
jbockrd's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Yardley, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I could have written this exact post. Too bad so few color choices. For now, Alpine White F80 with the CF roof might be my favorite. The Sonoma beige would be nice with this! Basically the opposite of my past two cars, which are Jerez/Black Sapphire with black interior.

I couldn't agree more. The colors are such an important part of "loving" this car. I have an alpine white M3 with a carbon top and extended black leather interior. I really don't want to get the same combination again!! But it may be my only choice. I don't know what Sonoma Beige looks like however. I could possibly lean toward silverstone interior this time.
__________________
On the list for an M4!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #238
tphss
das Eichhörnchen
tphss's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: e92 M3 ESS SC, C63 AMG P30
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

For those of you who preordered, does that mean you will get your car around release date, or about two months later?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #239
jbockrd
Lieutenant
jbockrd's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Yardley, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I could have written this exact post. Too bad so few color choices. For now, Alpine White F80 with the CF roof might be my favorite. The Sonoma beige would be nice with this! Basically the opposite of my past two cars, which are Jerez/Black Sapphire with black interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphss View Post
For those of you who preordered, does that mean you will get your car around release date, or about two months later?
I was told May or June and I am number 3 on the list
__________________
On the list for an M4!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #240
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
500
Rep
7,992
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphss View Post
For those of you who preordered, does that mean you will get your car around release date, or about two months later?
My E92 took 3 1/2 months from status 111 to delivery (West coast). So, if special order customer production starts early February I'm guessing early-mid May for first cars in US.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #241
gee-m-w
First Lieutenant
gee-m-w's Avatar
39
Rep
348
Posts

Drives: S4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

So is SiriusXM a dealer installed option now? Hopefully the car is prewired for it. Otherwise you have to buy a $5000 executive package to get it.
__________________
WTB: 2016 M3 sedan, Black Sapphire, Extended Sakhir Lether, Ceramic Brakes, 19" black wheels, Lighting Package, HK sound, USB/Bluetooth
Sold: 2006 e90 325i 6MT, ground control coilovers, Remus exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #242
SamS
Major General
SamS's Avatar
United_States
792
Rep
6,199
Posts

Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
My E92 took 3 1/2 months from status 111 to delivery (West coast). So, if special order customer production starts early February I'm guessing early-mid May for first cars in US.
I bet the F80/F82 won't even start production until July 2014.
__________________
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance - current
2018 X3 M40i - current
2016 M3 - sold
2013 ActiveHybrid 3 - sold
2012 M3 coupe - sold
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 price, 2015 m3 pricing, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 price, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m3 forum, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 european delivery, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m4, bmw m4 concept, bmw m4 coupe concept, bmw m4 euro delivery, bmw m4 european delivery, f80 m3, f80 m3 euro delivery, f80 m3 european delivery, f80 m3 price, f80 m3 pricing, f80 m3 specs, f82 m4, f82 m4 euro delivery, f82 m4 european delivery, f82 m4 price, f82 m4 pricing, f82 m4 specs, f82 m4 weight

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST