Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #67
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

I get it.. If they don't have a demo, then I understand why they don't allow test drives.. Imagine if you went there to buy a car, sitdown in it, and the odometer says 352 miles.. Would you still buy it for close to msrp?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #68
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
I live behind that mercedes dealership who was your CA at Ottos? Am planning on getting the 2016.
Scott.....

He's fantastic (JoeFromPA can attest to this as well)......

What I like about him most is that he will talk straight with you. Won't bs you in terms of options, will say what he likes, doesn't and what he thinks just isn't a good value. He'll be honest and will try to get you a competitive price.

I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere, and I passed, in order to get the warm fuzzies.

In short, he's a good dude.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #69
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I bought my E9x and this F8x blind. I wouldn't buy any MB blind, but would buy any p-car blind. It's my thing.
I can agree to this completely. I've been wanting a P-car and an M since my early teens (this being my first M, finally).

I'd buy either of them blind, but Mercedes i'd have to drive and i'd probably stress over constantly whether I like it or not, even after multiple test drives.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #70
stuka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Go down the road to GOLFFRR's dealership (Steve Thomas BMW) in Camarillo and I bet you could get a test drive.
Yep. My wife test drove the M5 at Steve Thomas when it first came out. We got our M3 from there, and when the leases run out on the current rattle boxes will get the M3 from them again.
21 STI WRC Blue
24 D110 P400 White/black
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #71
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka View Post
Yep. My wife test drove the M5 at Steve Thomas when it first came out. We got our M3 from there, and when the leases run out on the current rattle boxes will get the M3 from them again.
Cool! I don't know these guys at all except from what I've read on the boards. They seem like they treat people well and are willing to give good/great deals so I figure why not support them.

I'm jealous of you CA guys (for a few reasons), but mainly because you have so much competition and places to choose from. Plus, some really good sponsors to work with out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #72
marrk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: pinto

Unless it was for a special edition Ferrari/Etc, I couldn't deal with a dealership that didn't let me take a test drive.

I look pretty young for my age, so there have been a few times I was told that I couldn't do a test drive, but after calling them out on their BS, they tossed me the keys.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #73
stuka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I'm jealous of you CA guys (for a few reasons), but mainly because you have so much competition and places to choose from. Plus, some really good sponsors to work with out there.
LOL, nothing to be jealous about.

Steve Thomas is the exception, not the rule.

The entire bay area for example, are loaded with really really great and friendly dealers who think that they are doing you a great favor by selling you cars at 40K over sticker.

I am sure there is at least one dealer in MN that is good.
21 STI WRC Blue
24 D110 P400 White/black
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #74
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka View Post
LOL, nothing to be jealous about.

Steve Thomas is the exception, not the rule.

The entire bay area for example, are loaded with really really great and friendly dealers who think that they are doing you a great favor by selling you cars at 40K over sticker.

I am sure there is at least one dealer in MN that is good.
There are only three in the state and for all practical purpose only two I can really deal with locally. I've had pretty good luck on the sales side, but have had some issues with service and parts. I want to do ED someday and when I bring it up at either dealer their eyes glaze over. It has helped with negotiations though and helped me get better deals from dealer stock.

I have heard that Bay Area dealers are not fun to deal with. But, you have Steve Thomas and there are a few other sponsors from other forums that are highly rated out there in southern Cal. Especially if you want to do ED. If my two dealers don't want to dig into ED and give some of the deals I see sponsors doing I am going to reach out some of these sponsors and see what I can do through them.
Appreciate 0