EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-24-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
Auroraz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2012 335i  [0.00]
Deka DCT Clutches

We've all talked about and debated between Dodson and SSP clutches, but recently I've heard of a few builds that have the Deka clutches, one of them being Evolve putting them in their Stage 3 F80.

Car only have a Quicksilver exhaust and Eventuri intakes.... but I plan on going pretty big with this build, including rebuilding the engine, KratosEVO turbos, meth, hub fix, downpipes and everything else in-between. Car is going to be daily driven so I'd like a set of upgraded clutches that aren't going to clank and click like I've heard the Dodson's do. Just minor things like that I'd like to try and avoid.

Does anyone have the Deka DCT clutches? Can you shed some light on how they feel daily driven? Do they have the click and clanks that the Dodson have?

Also interested in Deka because they've got upgraded baskets with the stage 2, which I think is nice, but I have no idea how useful it is. Are there better alternative baskets?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Lol I was just going to start a thread on this and decided to do another search beforehand so I didnt feel like an idiot. I just got my stage 3 deka clutch installed yesterday and I can give my personal opinion on it in case it might help someone else being i couldnt really find people running this clutch on the f8x except the guy that installed it on mine and he is running 1000whp. But as far as my personal experience initially the clutch has more bite than the stock clutch so it feels clunky a little but I'm sure thats due to it having to be broken in. I'm barely getting to 200 miles now and im going for 500 before I get another adaption done. Then after that it's back to normal driving for me Btw i had to get my flywheel replaced since i shattered mine lol. So it depends on the power your car makes and what you anticipate making, but as for me I can only speak on stage 3 since the different stages do feel different. I lowered my power down to a stage 2 bootmod3 tune for the sake of the break in period. I haven't heard anything bad and from what I'm told they hold the power. As far as durability I can't say because it depends on how you drive. Time will tell but I just started using this clutch. I will break in the clutch really soon and test this clutch out I will keep everybody updated when I get a chance.
CSF Top Mount Cooler,CSF Front Mount, Dinan Cold Air Intake, FTP Charge Pipes, VRSF J Pipe, BMP Fuel pump, Port Injection 750cc, KW V3 Coilovers, TC Kline Camber Plates, AA EL Midpipe, Pure Stage 2+ Turbos, NGK Spark Plugs, Deka Stage 3 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 11:11 PM   #3
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update:

After break in of clutch i could literally feel the torque kick again. Very pleased with the clutch unfortunately spun my crank hub 3 days after break in. Carbahn crank hub failed on me miserably and that is the reason i will never buy another product by him again.
CSF Top Mount Cooler,CSF Front Mount, Dinan Cold Air Intake, FTP Charge Pipes, VRSF J Pipe, BMP Fuel pump, Port Injection 750cc, KW V3 Coilovers, TC Kline Camber Plates, AA EL Midpipe, Pure Stage 2+ Turbos, NGK Spark Plugs, Deka Stage 3 Clutch
Appreciate 3
      09-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgradetp View Post
Update:

After break in of clutch i could literally feel the torque kick again. Very pleased with the clutch unfortunately spun my crank hub 3 days after break in. Carbahn crank hub failed on me miserably and that is the reason i will never buy another product by him again.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1718651
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #5
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Update:

There are two type of carbahn ch, which one do you have? And what type of failure? Broken hub or ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 09:01 PM   #6
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
yea unfortunately i had this ch installed and it is the reason my highly invested vehicle is down right now. Tbh I will never purchase another product from steve dinan and i can honestly say i dont like him in person either. I wish I had known about the lies and poor quality beforehand. I thought being the name dinan I assumed it would be somewhat synonymous with quality but unfortunately it was a very expensive lesson smh. Ill take out my dinan intake and sell it as well after i get my engine built.
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #7
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
yea unfortunately i had this ch installed and it is the reason my highly invested vehicle is down right now. Tbh I will never purchase another product from steve dinan and i can honestly say i dont like him in person either. I wish I had known about the lies and poor quality beforehand. I thought being the name dinan I assumed it would be somewhat synonymous with quality but unfortunately it was a very expensive lesson smh. Ill take out my dinan intake and sell it as well after i get my engine built.
So which crank hub you bought? There are two different ch they offer. One is 2 pin, another one is no pin.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:57 AM   #8
Auroraz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Damn dude, that's shit as, I hope the rebuild goes well. Please do post an update on the clutches once she's up and running again
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 06:10 AM   #9
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
So Steve Dinan aka Carbhan Never supported Dinan products and won't support Carbhan either
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 10:18 PM   #10
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
So which crank hub you bought? There are two different ch they offer. One is 2 pin, another one is no pin.
I have the 2 pin installed in my car
Appreciate 1
guess2098516.00
      09-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #11
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroraz View Post
Damn dude, that's shit as, I hope the rebuild goes well. Please do post an update on the clutches once she's up and running again
Tbh i absolutely loved how the deka clutch felt. The bite power is really good and i felt all the torque it was as if i was in a completely different car. As of now I would recommend it but then again i havent put a lot of miles on it yet. But that stage 3 definately holds the power no problem at all. I will get my car back running again and gapping as fast as i possibly can but the issue is more so the turn around time.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 10:24 PM   #12
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
So Steve Dinan aka Carbhan Never supported Dinan products and won't support Carbhan either

I can honestly say i wouldnt recommend but to each their own
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 08:58 AM   #13
Auroraz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Tbh i absolutely loved how the deka clutch felt. The bite power is really good and i felt all the torque it was as if i was in a completely different car. As of now I would recommend it but then again i havent put a lot of miles on it yet. But that stage 3 definately holds the power no problem at all. I will get my car back running again and gapping as fast as i possibly can but the issue is more so the turn around time.
I forgot to ask, how many KW/HP were you running to the wheels? Especially to break your flywheel lol
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 10:40 PM   #14
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroraz View Post
I forgot to ask, how many KW/HP were you running to the wheels? Especially to break your flywheel lol
730 whp
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 09:29 AM   #15
Maxixt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6 f13

Hello guys, maby my experience will help. After ssp garbage clutch failed 2 times, i have installed deka clutch, so far about 500km , if you decide to run deka clutch , take stage 3 or maby st 4 if its available. When you will install it , just drive aroud the city wuthout any adaptations , shift all gears till 3000rpm up and down, when you will see gearbox temp around 70c - make gearbox and clutch adaptations. After run car in city mode 300-350km , then make a sessions of agressive up and downshifts , then make adaptations again.Necesary to increase pressure to 20bar!!

Last edited by Maxixt; 08-28-2022 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 2
      11-03-2023, 06:33 AM   #16
Upgradetp
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'm glad I checked back into this post. I just had my deka clutch installed not long ago (crashed prior f82 being an idiot) and I'm getting this torque reference fault code and a bunch of other errors. I remember the person that put it in told me there's a specific way to adapt the clutch and that might be the cause of my issue with the clutch. I'm going to inspect it later and see where I should go from there.
Appreciate 0