Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2019, 06:36 AM   #1
awbmw
Private First Class
38
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

E85 Fuel & Track / Circuit Racing Issues

Anybody running a full E85 tune that’s done a few track days or circuit racing and had any issues with fuel pumps, fuel flow or misfiring? Wanting to make the switch but concerned about fuel flow rate and oem pumps being quick enough to pump e85 at the correct rate under high load and high g’s
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
Continental02
Enthusiast
Continental02's Avatar
168
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

No issues at all while on track. The only thing is your consumables like spark plugs, coil packs, and fuel injectors will wear out quicker. Well worth the adding power in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
awbmw
Private First Class
38
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continental02 View Post
No issues at all while on track. The only thing is your consumables like spark plugs, coil packs, and fuel injectors will wear out quicker. Well worth the adding power in my opinion.
Cheers, do any of the tracks you visit have with high speed corners or ‘crockscrew/dipper’ corners? That’s what I’m mostly concerned about?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 06:20 PM   #4
Kev608
Second Lieutenant
Kev608's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: M4 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Madison, WI

iTrader: (0)

Zero problems through the carousel at Road America. LONG right hand corner with the fuel pump on the right side of the vehicle. At one point I had 4 miles of calculated fuel left and still had no issues with power.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
awbmw
Private First Class
38
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev608 View Post
Zero problems through the carousel at Road America. LONG right hand corner with the fuel pump on the right side of the vehicle. At one point I had 4 miles of calculated fuel left and still had no issues with power.
Great to know! Might give it a crack then, what’s the worst that could happen lol
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 12:12 AM   #6
Continental02
Enthusiast
Continental02's Avatar
168
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

No issues at all with high-speed corners as long as you're over 1/4th of a tank. Car operates just like stock, but you'll definitely need sticky tires to make it work. I wasn't happy with my E85 tune until I went to 305 squared Pirelli slicks. The car had too much power for semi-slicks.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 04:58 AM   #7
awbmw
Private First Class
38
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continental02 View Post
No issues at all with high-speed corners as long as you're over 1/4th of a tank. Car operates just like stock, but you'll definitely need sticky tires to make it work. I wasn't happy with my E85 tune until I went to 305 squared Pirelli slicks. The car had too much power for semi-slicks.
Perfect, yeah I’m running Pirellis now 👌 so you need 15litres min for high speed? Have you had it cut out at less?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #8
Continental02
Enthusiast
Continental02's Avatar
168
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

I haven't personally, but you could look up the threads on fuel starvation and follow those for guidelines. Seems to be the same with E85.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST