R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

07-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #1
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Hey guys my 18 M3 ZCP only has 200 miles on it but the front passenger seat has major creasing in the right thigh support. The leather looks horrible where it's creasing and I was wondering what the warranty process would be for this issue.

Full leather interior.

Edit: photos attached.

Mileage: 258 miles
Attached Images

07-17-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
Capt Crunch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

I'm getting my front seats replaced for the exact same reason. Seats are on order. How's that for a fast response to your question?
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      07-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Crunch View Post
I'm getting my front seats replaced for the exact same reason. Seats are on order. How's that for a fast response to your question?
Interesting. What dealership are you using? In case I need the same sympathetic service tech.
      07-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
njexpress
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 '15 Conv / Lotus Elise '06

Is the set replacement free?
If not, have you tried using any leather shampoo / re conditioner?
I have seen that creasing can be exacerbated by dryness in leather so if you breathe some moisture / fillers into it, it could help alleviate it...
Just a thought.
Cheers.
--njexpress
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      07-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Appreciate 1
instarand208.50
      07-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #6
njexpress
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 '15 Conv / Lotus Elise '06

Also, I am having some warp / fabric stain in the seats and I got off most of it with Chemical guys quick leather detailer. I also ordered the furniture outlet leather reconditioning balm yesterday to address the crease in the back (wind blocker left a lasting crease and stain, dealer could not even remove the stain with their so called detailing and a few rubs with the QLD got all stains away. Now there is just that flabby crease left an I intend to see if the leather alm works. Will post my results...
Cheers.
--njexpress
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Me too, just got a delivery of the new m4 but ran into soo many issues...mine looks like it got a bump in the middle of the passenger seat... anyone have similar issues and got the dealer to fix it properly? I am waiting for them to book an appointment... will keep you guys updated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #8
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Guys, i'm gonna chime in on this. On my previous F80 i had full leather SO guts inside and had the same issue as you brought up. The leather is so thin its started creasing and buckling on the bottom seat part. My car sat in the garage most of the week and was not a daily driver either and i'm not a heavy dude but i was beyond disappointed of seeing how badly the leather wears on the seat! Maybe my OCD was kickn in but it was driving me nuts to the point where i sat on a towel so I didn't have to see this $h*t! I was about to go through the motion of replacing my seats but had sold the car just before this happened. If you have the opportunity for your dealer to cover the replacements, Do It! I had recently picked up MY18 individual build and the first box that was checked off on it was CarbonStructure interior. No lie its my favorite option on the car and would always get it from now on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 03:44 AM   #9
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
Guys, i'm gonna chime in on this. On my previous F80 i had full leather SO guts inside and had the same issue as you brought up. The leather is so thin its started creasing and buckling on the bottom seat part. My car sat in the garage most of the week and was not a daily driver either and i'm not a heavy dude but i was beyond disappointed of seeing how badly the leather wears on the seat! Maybe my OCD was kickn in but it was driving me nuts to the point where i sat on a towel so I didn't have to see this $h*t! I was about to go through the motion of replacing my seats but had sold the car just before this happened. If you have the opportunity for your dealer to cover the replacements, Do It! I had recently picked up MY18 individual build and the first box that was checked off on it was CarbonStructure interior. No lie its my favorite option on the car and would always get it from now on.
I have the same interior and I actually received the car that way. The passenger seat in question actually had less than 2 hours of total butt time since I got the car for a few days brand new then stored it until I return from deployment. Which is why I can't post pictures of the issue nor get it taken care of yet at the dealership. It's really irritating though because I didn't really notice it until I was cleaning the car for storage and as I wiped the seat I noticed a major crease and was pissed off. Idc how they do it but I'm not keeping the car this way. Still only has 200 miles on it so I don't expect any push back from the dealership but I'm in Austin so I only have two options.
      07-18-2018, 03:46 AM   #10
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Crunch View Post
Can you provide details please regarding your situation? I just want to know what's the easiest way to get it replaced because it's a new car and I don't want to hear bull shit from the dealer over this despite it having only 200 miles on the odo.

Thank you for your quick reply!
      07-18-2018, 03:47 AM   #11
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
Me too, just got a delivery of the new m4 but ran into soo many issues...mine looks like it got a bump in the middle of the passenger seat... anyone have similar issues and got the dealer to fix it properly? I am waiting for them to book an appointment... will keep you guys updated.
Please do as I am curious to know how different dealerships handle this situation. I don't see much recourse besides replacing the entire seat.
      07-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #12
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njexpress View Post
Is the set replacement free?
If not, have you tried using any leather shampoo / re conditioner?
I have seen that creasing can be exacerbated by dryness in leather so if you breathe some moisture / fillers into it, it could help alleviate it...
Just a thought.
Cheers.
--njexpress
In my situation a replacement will certainly be under warranty. I'm not sure though how these cases are usually handled though. If it's by miles or etc. I purchased the car end of May and had it delivered from California so creasing was noticed within a week of the car being new.
      07-18-2018, 04:49 AM   #13
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
In my situation a replacement will certainly be under warranty. I'm not sure though how these cases are usually handled though. If it's by miles or etc. I purchased the car end of May and had it delivered from California so creasing was noticed within a week of the car being new.
Take your car to a dealer once you get it and they will tell you right away if the cover will be replaced or repaired - it will be under warranty as your car is under warranty, and it is not wear and tear as it has 200 miles, and the passenger seat. Story will be different if this issue shows signs of abuse or a rip, which a crease is not. It is really a no big deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #14
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Take your car to a dealer once you get it and they will tell you right away if the cover will be replaced or repaired - it will be under warranty as your car is under warranty, and it is not wear and tear as it has 200 miles, and the passenger seat. Story will be different if this issue shows signs of abuse or a rip, which a crease is not. It is really a no big deal.
Yeah I plan on taking it as soon as I get back. I didnt know if they would repair or replace because I didn't think they fixed fabric damage.

Interested in seeing what they'll do when I take it in
      07-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #15
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
I really don't see what wrong with this seat?
Appreciate 3
RickFLM410954.50
SakhirM410783.00
      07-21-2018, 06:29 AM   #16
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I really don't see what wrong with this seat?
That’s only because it looks like there’s nothing wrong with it.
      07-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #17
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep

Just got back from the delearship... they said they compared to other M4&M3 for my crease and said this is normal as there’s an occupancy sensor underneath... do you guys can feel any bumps on the passenger seats at all??
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      07-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
That’s only because it looks like there’s nothing wrong with it.
Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #19
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just got back from the delearship... they said they compared to other M4&M3 for my crease and said this is normal as there’s an occupancy sensor underneath... do you guys can feel any bumps on the passenger seats at all??
What's the sensor have to do with creasing
      07-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #20
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep

They said there's a coil beneath the cushion of the passenger seat that checks if there's a person sitting on it or not.. causing the crease.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      07-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #21
Franco3000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP MT

Quote:
I have 1800 miles on my car and have the same crease as in the picture on the driver and passenger seat, I assume this is the case for all F80s?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #22
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

i know its an issue, but you just got to let it go. the next seat will crease just as well
Appreciate 0