R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

2020 M4 Ordering questions & Individual Paint questions

This thread is the start of my journey which I think will last about 6 months until I have a 2020 M4 with Individual Paint parked in my garage.

After holding out I'll be taking the plunge, selling my 2011 E92 M3 and ordering a very end of production 2020 M4 Individual Paint, 6MT. My E92 is DCT and while the DCT is fantastic I can't wait to get back to rowing the gears.

My Build will be ZCP, Executive, 6MT

Here's some random questions in no particular order:

-Does upgraded sound come standard on 2020 M4?

-How do I order the car without headlight sprayers?

-Does 2020 M4 come with either front or side black grill as standard? I've looked at some cars in person and online, and I believe every one of them had black front and side grill, yet some of the cars on the option list do not show this option, or it shows only ONE (i.e. front black grille) when it clearly has both front and sides. confusing

-Where can I view a list of ALL performance accessories? everywhere I look the list seems to be incomplete. I compiled this list of what I think I want from various cars I looked at.
Z06 Black Kidney Grilles $ 380.00
ZC1 Black Side Grilles $ 290.00
Z22 Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler $ 765.00
ZA4 M Performance Exhaust $ 4,935.00
Z6M Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips $ 1,505.00

ON TO INDIVIDUAL PAINT. I know what color I am most likely going to go with, because I have loved it since 1997 and I think it's relatively safe. But I also am absolutely in love with both Birch Green (Neon) and Mint Green. Do I have the stones to actually order one of those colors though? I just don't know and this is my all-in car, I have to make the right choice.

Most people choose Black Leather interior to go with these wild colors, what do you guys think about Opal White extended interior with some of these wild colors? Mint Green with White Interior? Sounds really wild and Individual.

Since most threads are worthless without pics, here's some pics from BMW M facebook page:

Cheers

Last edited by PKL; 11-03-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
BigHunk
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M , iX , S1000XR

Mint green would be my choice with opal white, here is link with 1st hand experience, anyways you will love white interior.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1481291

Headlight washer, only option is to decode them, there is no LED option without them.
      11-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Congrats on deciding to get an F82 6MT!

To answer your questions:

-Does upgraded sound come standard on 2020 M4? Yes it comes with HK as standard.

-How do I order the car without headlight sprayers? MY2020 M4 definitely does not come with headlamp washers, as I think this has been the case for a few years now.

-Does 2020 M4 come with either front or side black grill as standard? I've looked at some cars in person and online, and I believe every one of them had black front and side grill, yet some of the cars on the option list do not show this option, or it shows only ONE (i.e. front black grille) when it clearly has both front and sides. confusing - Only way to get black grilles is to buy them separately from BMW as a port or dealer installed accessory, maybe get the dealer to trade the grilles and side vents off another to the one you want if it's off the lot, buy the M4 with ZCP competition package which comes with the grilles, side vents and badges in black or buy them 3rd party from IND, a seller on Bimmerpost or somewhere else reputable.

-Where can I view a list of ALL performance accessories? everywhere I look the list seems to be incomplete. I compiled this list of what I think I want from various cars I looked at.
Z06 Black Kidney Grilles $ 380.00
ZC1 Black Side Grilles $ 290.00
Z22 Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler $ 765.00
ZA4 M Performance Exhaust $ 4,935.00
Z6M Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips $ 1,505.00

Go here https://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-M-PERFORMANCE and pick 2020 M4 Coupe and you'll see everything as far as I know.

Most people choose Black Leather interior to go with these wild colors, what do you guys think about Opal White extended interior with some of these wild colors? Mint Green with White Interior? Sounds really wild and Individual.

I personally went with Opal White Full on my M4 and I think it looks stunning. White truly makes the interior pop and it looks phenomenal with the Piano Black trim. Honestly in your case, Mint Green with Opal White would look really unique and nice - definitely better than the terrible browns, red/orange and boring black. I will be getting my car in a few days so I can post some current/updated pictures for you if you'd like!

Last edited by secretanchitman; 11-03-2019 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
NickyC17356.00
      11-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
Congrats on deciding to get an F82 6MT!
Hey thanks for the reply! Excited to see your Opal White interior.

I should have included my build in my OP, I will be getting ZCP. So that means the black front grille and side grille come standard?

Still confused about headlight washers. Since I will have executive pack, does that mean there is no way for me to order without the sprayers?
      11-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
Hey thanks for the reply! Excited to see your Opal White interior.

I should have included my build in my OP, I will be getting ZCP. So that means the black front grille and side grille come standard?

Still confused about headlight washers. Since I will have executive pack, does that mean there is no way for me to order without the sprayers?
You're welcome!

Yes since you are getting ZCP, the front grilles, side vents and rear badge will be black and not silver!

Regardless of what options you get on the MY2020 M4, headlamp sprayers are not available on the car - BMW removed them completely a few years ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #6
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You're welcome!

Yes since you are getting ZCP, the front grilles, side vents and rear badge will be black and not silver!

Regardless of what options you get on the MY2020 M4, headlamp sprayers are not available on the car - BMW removed them completely a few years ago.
Fantastic news all around! secretanchitman what port installed accessories did you order?
      11-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Mint Green!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 06:55 AM   #8
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
You're welcome!

Fantastic news all around! secretanchitman what port installed accessories did you order?
I actually didn't get any port installed accessories! I'm one of those weirdos who likes the car stock with silver grilles.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #9
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Mint Green!
You don't know how badly I want to order this car Mint Green with Extended Opal White leather. I think it would look fantastic. My concern is how I would feel after 1 or 2 years and how well it would resell.

Boy that sure would be an individual combo tho
      11-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
You don't know how badly I want to order this car Mint Green with Extended Opal White leather. I think it would look fantastic. My concern is how I would feel after 1 or 2 years and how well it would resell.

Boy that sure would be an individual combo tho
Screw resell, who cares! Get and enjoy what you want!
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #11
LVI
BMW Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

don't wait too long to order if you want individual paint. you may find it harder than you think to get an allocation, and you may find it even more challenging if you want individual paint. good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #12
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
don't wait too long to order if you want individual paint. you may find it harder than you think to get an allocation, and you may find it even more challenging if you want individual paint. good luck!
Been assured by my CA that as long as we order by year end I will be fine