R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Error 152007 relay ignition and injectors

Easy driving to the race shop today and my '18 F80 M3 gives the the big red Drivetrain Warning - Stop Now. I check Bootmod3 for codes and see "152007 relay ignition and injectors, ignition supply voltage: short circuit to ground". After checking everything under the hood for loose wires (found nothing) I call BMW Assist. The master mechanic dies a remote diagnose and says "yeah, it looks like the power relay that feeds the injectors and coils got stuck". Towed to the dealership...fuel tank full of moonshine and PJT loaded (wish me luck). I hope they don't smell the grapes!

I'll post a follow up after the dealer reports back.
      10-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Not so good...
Upon deeper investigation the relay shorted and went bad, and this relay is part of the FSM. The cause was "some green fluid in the connector" which they thought was coolant since my Wagner TMIC sits above the Front Service Module. I explained that there's no way it's coolant because I watch the reservoirs like a hawk and I did my own TMIC swap (rags, no spills). I washed under hood with simple green 2 weeks ago for a car show. I asked if it was warranty and they said no because the fluid is "outside influence" and not a part failure. I asked them if I can fight it with BMW since the connector should be liquid-tight and washing your car shouldn't break things. He said I'll have a hard time since the TMIC was swapped and I have the "Tuned" red flag in the computer.

So far I'm paying for diag and the FSM out of pocket.

Everyone pray that my ECU is okay, because the FSM routes it's power through the ECU.