Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

03-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #23
M4FOREVER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedmyf80 View Post
I tend to agree with OP on this. However you need to sit down and really consider certain things that are involved in their pricing.

I have for the past few years done paint correction and applied whatever the owner requests as long as they purchase that material on their own dime. I do a very good job and always have satisfied owners. I do not own a business, have employees or a shop/garage.
This is my little side gig I do , more of a word of mouth from friends, families or other owners.
My pricing is very good as I don’t have additional costs, only my time for the day and the supplies I’m using.

Businesses have the right and after considering certain things such as payroll, leasing a space, insurance etc. they will charge high $ .
Obviously their experience and flexibility factors in too !
where are you located?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #24
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #25
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

Fusso Coat. Nope its not a coating. Its Wax, well actually a sealant. There is a learning curve to applying it, but it does pretty much what a coating would do. And I can top it off no my own. It lasts about a year. I like detailing my car so that works out.I top it off before winter.

The main thing is the hydrophibicity. Id say it gives ceramic coating a run for their money, also last about 12 months. Cat get it in US, so have to order online, but its under $40.

I honestly dont see the value in ceramic coating. Its no magical beast that puts an armor on your car, it just makes it easier to clean. Essentially like any wax/sealant. Plus with Waxes/Sealants I have the ability to quickly corset any small imperfections. With a coating its an ordeal.

I do my own paint correction, so I enjoy the flexibility. Also its the precaution that you take while washing that makes the most difference. If you run your car through a car wash it will scratch it up coated or not.

Most of the cost seems to be associated with the actual correction, which makes sense. But paying thousands for a layer that offers marginally better longevity (dont forget you need to top off coatings too) that a traditional wax, no thanks!

I am happy to spend 45 mins extra each year to top off my Fusso Coat
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #26
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedmyf80 View Post
Waiting to hear about this too
Used it on my M235i. Very easy to apply and it does flash/cure quickly. However, I also used CQuartzUK and would use that over Adams. Seemed to perform a little better. There is a Adams Ceramic 2.0 that improves the performance, but only have experience with the original version.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 06:37 PM   #27
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMM View Post
My only issue with spending even $1000 is that sure enough some idiot would crash into me right after...lol I coated my wife's new 2019 MDX right after we got it and it is holding up great. I need to carve out some time to do mine but I'd probably be better to just bite the bullet and pay someone. It needs more work than her MDX needed...
While this does happen, its usually covered in an insurance situation. We write a lot of estimates for this, and then the car comes in and the insurance company pays us (or the owner and the owner pays us)

There are simple coatings, there are more involved coatings. We carry both options as everyone has different budgets and needs. There is value to a $1500 coating plus 1000 correction package. Just the same as there is value to a $500 coating and basic prep $250 charge....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 07:21 PM   #28
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I just used the McKee's 37 and am pretty impressed at the ease of application and overall look. I was also nervous about the permanence of a ceramic coating but figured it would be better not worrying about bird shit etching my paint parked at work.:
Appreciate 0