Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
SY8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Dash Cams

Hi guys

Has anyone installed a dual Dash cam that also has parking recording such as the Thinkware F770 and then either hardwired this or used a separate battery like the Cellink NEO9 - Bigger Size Battery pack with built-in Bluetooth?

Any thoughts on this in terms of a front and rear dash cam which can also record while the car is parked? Has anyone installed a set up like this and any suggestions of where to have this installed?

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY8 View Post
Hi guys

Has anyone installed a dual Dash cam that also has parking recording such as the Thinkware F770 and then either hardwired this or used a separate battery like the Cellink NEO9 - Bigger Size Battery pack with built-in Bluetooth?

Any thoughts on this in terms of a front and rear dash cam which can also record while the car is parked? Has anyone installed a set up like this and any suggestions of where to have this installed?

Thanks guys
Hi,

I did this and it's great, best way to do it in my opinion as you get no,battery warnings plus 20hrs of recording

I have all the pics of my install which I did myself, it's very easy and I suck at anything diy
      01-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #3
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Have you thought about the BMW Advanced car eye Version 2? Was looking at it the other day & it looks & sounds much improved over the 1st generation ones. You can pick these up for around £260 too...
      01-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #4
SY8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks guys

In your opinion if the separate battery option to optimise the parking mode, would you suggest BlackVue or Thinkware?

Is the BMW advanced eye version 2 available in the UK currently? I have looked at this but as I understand the parking mode only lasts for 6 hours (all be it doesn't then required a separate cell link b style battery)

Cheers guys
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, V2 is in the uk & at dealers. It's a dealership where I saw it on display.

But for that money you can have the flagship Thinkware F800 Pro. Which is rated at about the best available in recent tests I've read, in particularly head to head with the flagship of the opposition.

As you might have gathered, I'm also thinking of investing. Of all places, the RAC seems extremely competitive on these & even has price match. Their fitting cost is very fair also...
      01-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264161490025
      01-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #7
SY8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Yes, V2 is in the uk & at dealers. It's a dealership where I saw it on display.

But for that money you can have the flagship Thinkware F800 Pro. Which is rated at about the best available in recent tests I've read, in particularly head to head with the flagship of the opposition.

As you might have gathered, I'm also thinking of investing. Of all places, the RAC seems extremely competitive on these & even has price match. Their fitting cost is very fair also...
Funnily enough I also looked at RAC for the Thinkware and installation. If you choose the rear dash cam and the additional battery with installation, note the price goes up abit on both.

Kinda thinking whether Thinkware or BlackVue? Seems like pros and cons on both from research I've done?

Appreciate thoughts/suggestions

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

If considering the F770, the corresponding BlackView seems to have the edge on night quality.
But for the versatility & range of features, it would be the F770 for me. Let's be realistic, night quality certainly isn't crap!

I also really like how the Thinkware's fit to the screen. And with the position of the camera lens, you can virtually have an invisible (from the outside) front camera installation.

Lol, think I'm talking myself into this...

But I can't help but feel that at this kind of price point, surely it makes sense to spend an extra £60/70 or so & just get the F800 Pro...

I have to say though, I'd try the parking mode out first just using the car battery. It does 1F/Sec time lapse & surely won't drain the battery for days?
I'd struggle to cough up an extra £150+ just for an extra battery...
      01-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #9
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

If considering the F770, the corresponding BlackView seems to have the edge on night quality.
But for the versatility & range of features, it would be the F770 for me. Let's be realistic, night quality certainly isn't crap!

I also really like how the Thinkware's fit to the screen. And with the position of the camera lens, you can virtually have an invisible (from the outside) front camera installation.

Lol, think I'm talking myself into this...

But I can't help but feel that at this kind of price point, surely it makes sense to spend an extra £60/70 or so & just get the F800 Pro...

I have to say though, I'd try the parking mode out first just using the car battery. It does 1F/Sec time lapse & surely won't drain the battery for days?
I'd struggle to cough up an extra £150+ just for an extra battery...