GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP

"Fuel Supply" Message??

I got a weird message on my I-Drive twice about 10 days ago.
Something like "Fuel Supply warning"

Wish I would have screened shot it to be more accurate wit the description.

The warning has not come on in the past 10 days or so.

Anyone know what this is?

I'm brining her in for oil change next week and will have dealer look at it.

2018 ZCP M4
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
JTK24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

i got the same message two days ago. It said:

Fuel Supply
Full drive performance not available.
Drive moderately. Consult service center.

Did you ever find out what it was? Mine hasnt come back again. I was not able to find any info really on the forums, but I did find some talk about errors similar sounding to it that seemed to just be a benign software issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK24 View Post
i got the same message two days ago. It said:

Fuel Supply
Full drive performance not available.
Drive moderately. Consult service center.

Did you ever find out what it was? Mine hasnt come back again. I was not able to find any info really on the forums, but I did find some talk about errors similar sounding to it that seemed to just be a benign software issue.
Mine turned out just to be a software glitch. Brought the car in for its normal oil change service and they updated the system. Haven't seen that message since.

However, now my car always goes to the rear view camera instead of the top down view when in reverse. Pain in the ass, as I preferred the other view when backing up, etc...

Anyone figured out how to re-code this yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
Temper Tantrum
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negtvions View Post
Unless I'm missing something here.. When you put it into reverse, just change the view you want on the iDrive screen and it stays like that until you change it? Or does it keep reverting to rear camera?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temper Tantrum View Post
Unless I'm missing something here.. When you put it into reverse, just change the view you want on the iDrive screen and it stays like that until you change it? Or does it keep reverting to rear camera?
It used to do exactly like you mention. But a trip to the service department and some software "updates" have led to the camera defaulting to "rear view" every time. Requiring a recurrent manual shift to top down view.

Classic case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..."
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      02-24-2019, 11:55 PM   #6
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I got the exact same error yesterday when starting the car. Just hit 20k miles and this is what I get.

Noticed my idle rpm blip / hiccup a lil bit after sitting in the parking lot with that error, so I shut off car and restarted. Error persisted, but right after I drove like 50-100ft, the error went away and all system OK.

I'll prolly bring it in to dealer to get it checked out.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #7
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
However, now my car always goes to the rear view camera instead of the top down view when in reverse. Pain in the ass, as I preferred the other view when backing up, etc...

This is known behaviour for MY 2018 due to the Federal mandatory backup camera requirement. When the car is put into reverse it must switch to the backup camera. If yours behaved like MYs 2015-2017 that would be an exception.

My wife has a 2018 M3 ZCP (June 2018 build) and hers has also always behaved as you described, going into the backup camera view anytime it is shifted into R. To switch to overhead view again you have to turn off the backup camera by unchecking the backup camera box on the touchscreen. My wife has adapted to this requirement pretty quickly. My 2016 M4 will stay in overhead view even when reversing, but that's because it was made before the mandatory backup camera requirement.

AFAIK, no one has figured a coding fix at this point.

Appreciate 1
Negtvions211.00
      06-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #8
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
I got the exact same error yesterday when starting the car. Just hit 20k miles and this is what I get.

Noticed my idle rpm blip / hiccup a lil bit after sitting in the parking lot with that error, so I shut off car and restarted. Error persisted, but right after I drove like 50-100ft, the error went away and all system OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post

Hello, what was the outcome? I got the following error today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #9
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Dealer checked mine, said no issues, just keep driving and monitoring and let them know if it shows up again. Most likely a glitch. I haven't seen it pop up in a while.
2015 Black Sapphire F82 M4: Bootmod3 Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT TCU DIFF Flash / Remus Catback / VRSF Charge & J Pipe / MST Intakes / Mishimoto TMIC / RK Autowerks Crank Hub / Apex VS-5RS 19x9.5 ET22 19x10.5 ET45 / Powerflex Bushings / MSS HAS / Evolve x Bilstein B6 Damptronic / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Hotchkis Sways
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 08:42 PM   #10
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

I got this error today too when I start my m3cs today. It's gone after few sec before I can even go into my idrive to take a pic. I did feel the gas was not smooth when I back out but later drives normal. It feels like my m4 with 2steps cooler plug.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #11
Soul Coughing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
I had the same issue and when i brought it up to service, they couldnt find anything wrong.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 08:45 AM   #12
Soul Coughing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
This happened again to me - checked the car for any codes - the hidden ones too - and found nothing. Car started fine, idled alright, and hasn't thrown the error again. I guess I'll chalk it up to another glitch...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 09:48 AM   #13
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Mine turned out just to be a software glitch. Brought the car in for its normal oil change service and they updated the system. Haven't seen that message since.

i have a 2016 with 2020 istep. Not sure if it will make a difference but when the backup camera comes on, have you tried pressing the parking button to change views? My car saves the last setting it used.
Appreciate 0