European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #1
///A_F80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

ED date changed out of nowhere

Last week I added a full leather to my build and my new VIR reads the wrong pick up date. My CA is on top of it but I also called Germany and ED department and they are confirming the wrong date.
I got an email forwarded by my CA from ED department stating that BMW has some system issues and everything is going to be fine. I'm not worried too much, just curious if anybody else experience something similar.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I had a date change for my ED when I added top/side cameras. The reason that I was told was that since I had Amaro leather and got the XT1 option, it is an individual car (even says so on the sticker under hood), and individual ED cars cannot be modified once accepted. My dealer actually used a different allocation for adding the top/side camera, and used the first car as dealer inventory.

Once a different allocation was used, it was assigned a different date/time, which I was able to get the date fixed, but not the early starting scheduled time. It turned out that I got there early anyway and they moved me up a few hours.

Your story sounds like it is still the same allocation, so not sure about that...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Individual configs are locked almost immediately. Non-Individual can be tweaked prior to start of production but for ED orders it automatically pushes the date to force someone in the ED department to confirm that the change won't affect the original schedule. If they say it's ok it should be ok.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
///A_F80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn
I had a date change for my ED when I added top/side cameras. The reason that I was told was that since I had Amaro leather and got the XT1 option, it is an individual car (even says so on the sticker under hood), and individual ED cars cannot be modified once accepted. My dealer actually used a different allocation for adding the top/side camera, and used the first car as dealer inventory.

Once a different allocation was used, it was assigned a different date/time, which I was able to get the date fixed, but not the early starting scheduled time. It turned out that I got there early anyway and they moved me up a few hours.

Your story sounds like it is still the same allocation, so not sure about that...
Hm... That's interesting

My original build was with SO ext and I decided to go with AB with leather dash. I was told that it was too late to add xt1 option and if I really want it I have to go with MY17. So I went back to SO full leather this time and that's when the date was mixed up. Maybe all that going back and forth caused it.

And yes, that's all under the same production number.
Appreciate 0