Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-22-2016, 07:44 AM   #23
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
Stage 1 and done baby. Had DP's on the last one.

Just not worth it to me anymore.

With the tune/MPE.. that's all the sound I need.
I was saying the same thing. I wasnt going to do DP on the new car. Now I find myself browsing For VSRF. For me its the increased throttle sensitivity and spool speed I miss. Im having my diff recall done Oct 2 so Ill probably have DP and Intake installed while Im there.

The added volume on the sports exhaust will be welcomed too as long as it doesnt make it sound like a raspy trash can.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #24
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

It's OK for people to be cautiously optimistic, or to have reasonable skepticism
when people are accomplishing things that others haven't been able to do.

Early rumors were that "all flash tunes were were the same, just re-branded".
Then it was that "flash tunes are unable to produce more than 22lbs. of boost".
Now the conversation seems to have switched to "24lbs of boost is too much".

We've intentionally avoided getting into the debates over tuning philosophy in all of
our other threads, and that's not going to be any different here.

What I will reiterate is that we've done significant long term testing with 91 Octane,
and have been selling this product for over 15 months with stellar customer reviews
and outstanding real world results.

I certainly hope that continues to speak louder than the vocal minority who have no
interest in our product anyways.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #25
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skasol View Post
... I want to get this tune as I missed on ordering the competition package but not at the expense of any safety concerns or drivability.
The "engineer" is going to say their file is good, their intention is to sell their file.
Of course our intention is to sell the product, but the ultimate goal is to
sell a LOT of product to a LOT of different people for a REALLY long time.

We also happen to sell $33,000 supercharger systems for Audi's and
Lamborghini's, and our reputation in that market is undoubtedly tied to
our reputation in every market we sell to.

There are plenty of inherent risks in the aftermarket tuning world without
putting added pressure on yourself by being reckless or selling a product
that is not thoroughly tested. That's not the way to go if you intend on
being the market leader for years to come.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #26
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR View Post
The inevitable fallacy with THAT^ course of action is the "engineer," as you want to call them, aren't going to publicly (or privately in many cases) admit their tunes issues. Or in many cases understand the concern themselves otherwise they wouldn't of written it that way in the first place. No offense, but *IF* HEX is making their power by running these astronomically high boost numbers (24#'s on 91oct lol) and desensitizing the knock thresholds and other factory safeguards then I would not only caution anyone on buying it, but moreover would consider what they're doing highly wreckless* Personally I don't think they've removed the important safeguards though, which is WHY the car on the dyno is dying up top lol. (Again, without being able to see exactly what they changed in the software I cannot say that. Cary's observations on the dyno are as accurate as one could infer from just looking at the chart and having limited information. I came to the same obvious conclusions. That's two different people with extensive tuning experience not in contact coming to the same conclusion)
Not sure what your point here. I can only work with the facts; I don't take any offense, I didn't write the tune. It runs fine on my car. What tune is perfect? There is always room for improvement. I will comment on the timing advance and retardation; stock cars that inadvertently operate on poor fuel, faulty plugs, clogged air intakes, don't run as well maintained ones. This may not be the case at all, but lets not forget that some box codes just will not adapt well to any given tune. The turbos are just barely midrange sized turbos. The plot looks funky and has a bit of choke up however it doesn't mirror all of the other plots that have been posted. The difference between a competent and incompetent tuner IMO is one that listens to its customer base and updates their file based on feedback and testing. VF could easily say fuvk you all, I already have your money.
Appreciate 0