proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #1
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90,F30, F80

I was looking at my CarFox app (where I keep all my maintenance records) as I opened it up I saw my mileage is off by 8,000 miles? It shows that I put 11,000 since my last oil change. (I have it set for 5000 OCI's). Upon further digging cross referencing my hard receipts, a few other times during either a tire change or alignment, they have been entering numbers other then the actual.
I tried to make the mileage correction on the app, but it won't let me stating " mileage entered cannot be less then previous entry ".
I'm not to worried about the app and it's discrepancy, but more concerned that the dealership entered a number that goes into CarFax. Now, as far as Carfax is concerned my M3 now has 82,000 instead of 74,000.
Anybody deal with this?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 05:40 PM   #2
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F83 ZCP 6MT | F/A-18E

Contact carfax via the website query. Upload the supporting documents, they will fix it. Done. Just don’t expect it to happen over night. They had my M4 listed as a rental vehicle vice a lease for the first owner. Fixed after showing the appropriate documentation.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 07:45 PM   #3
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Goose View Post
Contact carfax via the website query. Upload the supporting documents, they will fix it. Done. Just don’t expect it to happen over night. They had my M4 listed as a rental vehicle vice a lease for the first owner. Fixed after showing the appropriate documentation.
Quote:
Contact carfax via the website query. Upload the supporting documents, they will fix it. Done. Just don't expect it to happen over night. They had my M4 listed as a rental vehicle vice a lease for the first owner. Fixed after showing the appropriate documentation.
Thx, I'll get started on that asap. I'm going to be extra vigilant next time (probably never) If I have any work performed there by checking the out mileage.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 04:22 PM   #4
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep

Update…. I looked at all of my records and in 2020 they entered the same number twice. 63,500 over a three month period!

I ended up driving to the dealership and told them they have to fix this and not me. The service advisor said they cannot change the mileage (obviously) and if I was to have another service performed they would have to report the current mileage which would be less then the November 2021 service, which in turn would cause an issue with Carfax.

I said, that's why I'm here. You are responsible for reporting mileage not the consumer. You have to do the correspondence work not me.
I had the service advisor verify that when the key fob is inserted, it automatically reads the mileage and got them to admit that someone or something is manually entering the wrong data.

Im guessing that it's a quality control issue on the service departments end. They are rushing to close out work orders and are not re inserting the key fob after service and manually entering a number which is totally unacceptable.
So for now I'm having the dealership figure out how to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 06:52 PM   #5
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F83 ZCP 6MT | F/A-18E

If you want it done right, do it yourself.
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2022, 10:38 AM   #6
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If you want it done right, do it yourself.
I agree. They called this morning and did an audit on their end and said they submitted all the necessary information to CarFax so I'll see what happens next.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 01:41 PM   #7
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep

Update FWIW….Whatever the dealership submitted worked. Carfax now shows correct mileage as well as the CarFox app.
Crisis averted.
Appreciate 0