Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-21-2016, 03:14 AM   #23
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mconvert View Post
Dealer was pretty clear with me today. Run in to 4000 revs for first 1200 miles. Then start to push harder until around 2500 miles when you can really give it the beans !! He also advised not to sit on motorways but do mixed driving ..... Oh the hardship 😄
Pretty sure the max revs recommended within breakin period is 5500 but as we all know these dealers and salesmen know less than we do about these cars! Remember these engines are already run in and you won't damage it even if you took it to the track on day one. Just warm it up fully before having fun. A fast car out the blocks is a fast car for life....
If you go to Porsche silverstone experience all of their cars are delivered with del mileage, they are ragged from new! A friend of mine use to be one of the techies at Porsche and looked after all the cars, he said that the silverstone cars were the fastest and most reliable..

I personally don't think driving like a nun does the car any favours, drive it normally (not nailing it all the time) with the odd blast when warm and it will be fine..