Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-16-2024, 05:00 AM   #1
toastyghost69
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M4 Competition

GTS Flash issues - Help needed please!

Hi all,

I recently had my 2019 F82 M4 ZCP flashed with GTS software which included DCT, Steering, Diff and DSC by a coder.

However, after initial flash the gearbox would be stuck in D mode and would not allow me to go into manual mode after I exceeded certain speed e.g. 40mph or so.

I took it back to coder and they supposedly removed all flashes and reflashed a "stable version" of the GTS DCT flash which fixed the issue but I lost all the torque punch/removal of DCT clunkiness that was in the previous GTS flash. In the process they also flashed CS EDC which I did not want as I wanted to keep ZCP damper settings.

I then had to get them to remove CS EDC and reflash back to ZCP.

Since this, my car does not feel as taut as it was stock, steering feels sharp but car still feels boaty, the rotation is not as taut as it was before I did any GTS flash. The gearbox is still clunky in 1 & 2.

Can anybody here with e-sys/GTS software please help me at least check what has and has not been flashed on my car? I have requested shawnsheridan to share links to e-sys/pzdzdata so I can try to do this myself (complete novice) but anybody with some experience who can help would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 06:01 AM   #2
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

kubax86 can help you get all of this sorted out.

EDC isn’t flashed, it’s coded, so no software had to be removed to revert your car back to zcp EDC. If they did it correctly then your EDC should be performing identically to the way it was before any coding/flashing was done.

So the first GTS flash worked except for getting limp mode if you switched to DCT manual mode?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 09:57 AM   #3
toastyghost69
Rep

Ah right yes ok - so EDC technically should be back to stock but it feels different. I just don't recall having as much body roll going around roundabouts/corners like I do now... even on Sport plus suspension.

Not quite M3SQRD - GTS flash worked, car never went into limp mode. However as soon as I exceed a speed threshold e.g. 40 or 50mph, the gearbox wouldn't allow me to go into DCT manual mode. It was very random/intermittent.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 10:43 AM   #4
toastyghost69
Rep

kubax86 do you think you could help me out with this if at all possible please?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 05:17 PM   #5
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

yes, no problem
can check and let you know what is done or not.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 09:56 AM   #6
toastyghost69
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
yes, no problem
can check and let you know what is done or not.
Great, that would be super helpful - when can you take a look? I'm on GMT. What timezone are you?

Thanks kubax86
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 10:58 AM   #7
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyghost69 View Post
Great, that would be super helpful - when can you take a look? I'm on GMT. What timezone are you?

Thanks kubax86
If you need to get done anything send me PM or contact via email.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 06:23 AM   #8
toastyghost69
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
If you need to get done anything send me PM or contact via email.
PM sent bud.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 03:53 AM   #9
Warch1973
Registered
Rep
Drives: KB Toys

soccer skills world cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyghost69 View Post
Hi all,

I recently had my 2019 F82 M4 ZCP flashed with GTS software which included DCT, Steering, Diff and DSC by a coder.

However, after initial flash the gearbox would be stuck in D mode and would not allow me to go into manual mode after I exceeded certain speed e.g. 40mph or so.

I took it back to coder and they supposedly removed all flashes and reflashed a "stable version" of the GTS DCT flash which fixed the issue but I lost all the torque punch/removal of DCT clunkiness that was in the previous GTS flash. In the process they also flashed CS EDC which I did not want as I wanted to keep ZCP damper settings.

I then had to get them to remove CS EDC and reflash back to ZCP.

Since this, my car does not feel as taut as it was stock, steering feels sharp but car still feels boaty, the rotation is not as taut as it was before I did any GTS flash. The gearbox is still clunky in 1 & 2.

Can anybody here with e-sys/GTS software please help me at least check what has and has not been flashed on my car? I have requested shawnsheridan to share links to e-sys/pzdzdata so I can try to do this myself (complete novice) but anybody with some experience who can help would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Seeking help from someone familiar with e-sys/GTS software to check what has and hasn't been flashed on your car seems like a reasonable step.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 07:24 AM   #10
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warch1973 View Post
soccer skills world cup

Seeking help from someone familiar with e-sys/GTS software to check what has and hasn't been flashed on your car seems like a reasonable step.
OP already contacted
thanks!
Appreciate 0