European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-29-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Nice dropoff GPS coordinates?

Ok, I must seriously suck at searching this forum..

I thought someone posted up the GPS coordinates of the drop off location in Nice, France.

But most of the hits I get from the search function return "nice drop on the car"... sheesh..

Anyone know the post I am talking about ? Was it an ED journal ?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #2
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
I would love GPS coordinates, but I never saw those posted. I did find where I believe their location to be on the map though. Those details are posted over in the October thread.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1171964

If anyone has actually dropped off there since mid-August... I would love to know from someone if that location is accurate.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Ok.. well I street viewed around and did some detective work and it appears that the GPS coordinates of just before the gate are:

43.658629, 7.202043

I'll be there in 3 weeks to verify.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #4
Rustang Cobra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like a Masshole

You don't need coordinates, you just go to Terminal 2 at the Nice Airport (found using Points of Interest). Follow the bus lane until you see the TT Transit hut.

They provide directions with pictures in the email after you email them to confirm your drop-off appointment.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustang Cobra View Post
You don't need coordinates, you just go to Terminal 2 at the Nice Airport (found using Points of Interest). Follow the bus lane until you see the TT Transit hut.

They provide directions with pictures in the email after you email them to confirm your drop-off appointment.
I know it sounds like over planning to look for GPS coordinates to the very specific location where you need to drop off the car, but for my situation, I kind of want that. I'm hoping it stands out like a sore thumb when on-site so that it isn't really a concern.

I have a flight scheduled for just after 9:00 AM. With the drop off not being open any earlier than 8:00 AM, I have almost no room for error. I'll be trying to scout the location the evening before just to be sure... and I will show up early of course... but I can't afford a 30 minute delay due to not knowing exactly where I need to be. The pictures they sent in the email (linked in the other thread) allowed me to figure out the route on Google maps to the point of the last turn they indicate. I am hoping with those pictures it will be really easy to spot their location.

For reference, this is the link I put in the other thread, found by using their emailed pictures. It is to the same location that absolute references.
https://goo.gl/maps/eXLzY
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #6
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Even with their directions, it still took one member three times circling the airport and asking people before he found it.

It takes maybe 60 seconds to look up GPS coordinates (I have no reduced that to 5 seconds by posting them for everyone)

There's no loss of time to use them now, and it may save you time in the end.. At the very least, it may reduce some peoples stress levels if they are running late to know that they have to coords which will take them right to the gate.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #7
Rustang Cobra
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Even with their directions, it still took one member three times circling the airport and asking people before he found it.

It takes maybe 60 seconds to look up GPS coordinates (I have no reduced that to 5 seconds by posting them for everyone)

There's no loss of time to use them now, and it may save you time in the end.. At the very least, it may reduce some peoples stress levels if they are running late to know that they have to coords which will take them right to the gate.
I was there a few days ago so I made a little map for you. Make sure you go through the gate furthest to the right where I drew the "X". I tried going through the far left one and the guy in the hut kept yelling at me to go to the rental car return place. The guy from the TT transit hut came and grabbed me and told me to go through the far right gate.

The vehicle drop-off process will take about 15-20 mins. You will need to have the packet of information provided to you at the beginning of your vehicle ED experience at the Welt. They will do a damage assessment of the vehicle then bring you inside to key in all of your paperwork. You will give them one key and need to remove all personal belongings from the car. Additionally, you can take the USB thumb drive with the European maps on them, the warning triangle, safety vests (or hide them like I did) and the first aid kit. There is a 5 min walk from the TT transit hut to Terminal 2 (Delta, Air France, Alitalia and other Sky Team Airlines)

You will be cutting it EXTREMELY close and may not even be allowed to check-in if you have checked luggage. I would email them and see if they'd be willing to open early for you to drop off the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #8
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the map, Cobra !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
BD SM3RF
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I was there a few days ago so I made a little map for you. Make sure you go through the gate furthest to the right where I drew the "X". I tried going through the far left one and the guy in the hut kept yelling at me to go to the rental car return place. The guy from the TT transit hut came and grabbed me and told me to go through the far right gate.

The vehicle drop-off process will take about 15-20 mins. You will need to have the packet of information provided to you at the beginning of your vehicle ED experience at the Welt. They will do a damage assessment of the vehicle then bring you inside to key in all of your paperwork. You will give them one key and need to remove all personal belongings from the car. Additionally, you can take the USB thumb drive with the European maps on them, the warning triangle, safety vests (or hide them like I did) and the first aid kit. There is a 5 min walk from the TT transit hut to Terminal 2 (Delta, Air France, Alitalia and other Sky Team Airlines)

You will be cutting it EXTREMELY close and may not even be allowed to check-in if you have checked luggage. I would email them and see if they'd be willing to open early for you to drop off the car.
This is great advice and you should give this map to the TT Transit people as it would have been very helpful to me this past July (as someone who is not good with directions--especially the ones they sent me with close up pics and French subtitles), I did 3 loops through that airport and didn't see it and finally called and as luck would have it I was close enough at this point that I could see the guy waving me down otherwise the broken english directions they were giving me over the phone were not helping me that much... but I freely admit I am directionally challenged
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #10
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for this. The last bit of detail on the gate and lane will be helpful.

My wife and I will have carry-on luggage only for our flight out of Nice. I asked about any earlier drop off at TT and they said there was no other alternatives to an 8:00 AM drop off. I'll be there a few minutes early regardless.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 04:18 AM   #11
Rustang Cobra
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No problem, best of luck to you all! Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 12:24 PM   #12
BrentPeter
Registered
Rep
Drives: tesla

Try using Google to search the forum with specific keywords like "GPS coordinates Nice, France drop off location ED journal" for better results.
Appreciate 0