GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-19-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
B Watts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Coolant Flush

Hey guys,

I took my car into the dealer last week and spent about $2,000 replacing a sway bar and both rear axles. I brought the car back in today because after aligning the car, my steering wheel is off center.

The SA tried to sell me on a coolant flush and oil change. I've only had the car for 3 months and don't feel like spending more money on it so shortly after dropping 2k on it.

The car has a MFD of 8/15 and has 36xxx miles. When is a coolant flush recommended? He said due to being twin turboed these cars tend to run hot but I have not experienced or seen/noticed any heat spikes so far.

Thanks in advance-trying to avoid paying any unnecessary money if I can.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #2
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

I would probably do it every 4-5 years. Both low and high pressure. There isnt any set service interval for this platform but it uses the same coolant as previous generations and they had 4 year intervals. BMW now offers green coolant that has a interval of 2 years and is backwards compatible with blue. Stick to the blue one for longer interval
How much are they charging for coolant flush?
Appreciate 0