BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

09-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Dogs at Track Days

This seems like a silly question but what do fellow dog owners do with their pets when they go to track days?

I recently became a pet parent to a merle australian shepherd who seems to be attached to my hip. If there's a responsible way to bring the pup along with me to track days, I would prefer to do so, rather than putting him in a kennel or burden one of my friends. I've seen dogs in the paddock before but usually by owners who arrive in a large, professional looking RV bus of some sorts.

Pic below to motivate some replies.
Attached Images

09-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
This seems like a silly question but what do fellow dog owners do with their pets when they go to track days?

I recently became a pet parent to a merle australian shepherd who seems to be attached to my hip. If there's a responsible way to bring the pup along with me to track days, I would prefer to do so, rather than putting him in a kennel or burden one of my friends. I've seen dogs in the paddock before but usually by owners who arrive in a large, professional looking RV bus of some sorts.

Pic below to motivate some replies.
Depends on the track, but I would be very wary on bringing my dog to the track, unless you have an enclosed trailer or something with AC. It gets hot at the tracks and if you were to leave him alone outside under a canopy, it would be no bueno. I have had buddies who have RV trailers for their race cars bring dogs and keep them there, but other than that I don't see people bringing their dog. Maybe if you bring a friend who can keep them company and put them somewhere cool while you drive, that should work.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Not mine, but this guy makes many appearances at our track days
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

I've seen my local track day organizer bringing their dog. It barks at people while they pass by.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #5
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

I leave my dog at home, with family, or at a day camp. It's too hot and loud at the track in my opinion, even in my enclosed trailer out of the sun.
Appreciate 0