GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #23
Jackr95
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 F82

Does anyone know how to code in a BMW m4 light? Recently got the car and one light the angel eyes and indicator don't light up. I suspect a faulty module and I'm looking for a guide in how to teach a new one in please
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #24
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Hi,
you need E-Sys and ISTA to do that.
Code with E-Sys, initialize with ISTA.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #25
e90V
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzvero View Post
Behavior was right headlight wont remember teaching / adaptation. Turn ignition off and I had to adapt again . Specifically LHMR. So after another flash and disconnecting battery it seems to work.
In case this helps someone else I was having the same issue with the STML ecu showing learn procedure required and the left turn signal and angel eye not working on a 2016 F80. I could get the turn signal and angel eye working by performing the learn procedure in ISTA+. Each time I would turn the ignition off, it would stop working until I re-ran the learn procedure. After multiple coding attempts and injecting new CAFD files into the STML (TMS) modules I was at a loss. After hours of troubleshooting the fix was to flash both TMS, AHL and FEM_Body modules with newer Istep software using esys and running the learn procedure in ISTA+ afterwards.
Appreciate 0