Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

10-20-2020, 04:03 AM   #1
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Dealership in the Bay Area for inspection + maintenance records

Hey fellas, is there any dealership in the bay area that can provide me with maintenance records? I picked up my car not too long ago just coming off warranty, but nobody ever handed me any records since it was at Carmax.

I've already called a dealership or two and they say that they can't give me maintenance records because it has previous owner info attached to it. Meanwhile, I'd be satisfied with a handwritten list at which services completed when. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

I had the same experience. It was an LA based car originally (that got serviced at the same dealer as me) that ended up in AZ which I had bought and had the same experience. I had gotten all my maintenance done at the same dealer with my 435i before so I gave them a call before buying the M4. They wouldn't disclose the info.

Then after I bought the car, and needed to get it service, I asked again. Still wouldn't disclose. Could be dealers just don't do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

I got the maintenance records from BMW of Concord before I decided to purchase my M4 from them.

Prior to this purchase, I had explored an out-of-state lease takeover and the BMW dealer I spoke with about having a PPI done wasn't willing to share the PPI report with me (!). They said they would share the report with the owner (with whom they had a servicing relationship for that M4), and that it would be his prerogative whether or not to share it with me. My understanding is that the dealership doesn't want the liability of potentially causing a transaction to fall through. Not sure what the liability might be for the dealership in your case.

If you're not buying from them, it will likely be tough to get past records unless someone does you a favor.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #4
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsituated91 View Post
Hey fellas, is there any dealership in the bay area that can provide me with maintenance records? I picked up my car not too long ago just coming off warranty, but nobody ever handed me any records since it was at Carmax.

I've already called a dealership or two and they say that they can't give me maintenance records because it has previous owner info attached to it. Meanwhile, I'd be satisfied with a handwritten list at which services completed when. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!
Once you have registration in your name, call BMW NA and add yourself as the new owner. Then you can go to any BMW dealership and obtain the records.
Appreciate 0