Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: plugged in

PCD, 3000km drive home (warning: tons of f80 austin yellow pics)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Having just logged 3000kms over 6 days on the return portion after PCD, I thought it best to strike while the iron is hot and get stuff jotted down. Bear with me as this will be nothing short of photo whoring at it’s finest, along with some discombobulated annotations through-out it all. Objective was simple: drive, don’t get incarcerated, fill tank, repeat. I also apologize for verb tense, chronology, and participles. This was compiled over the entire duration of my wait.

The part few enjoy

Back in December I compiled a list of BMW dealers located in New England for the most part, but also a few from the south, the midwest, and the California ones that everyone raves about. All said, it took the better part of a night with a few glasses of scotch before having a respectable list of 35 dealers. From here I went ahead and drafted up my proposal email and started filling up inboxes.

I was prepared for a low response rate since my email was extremely thorough and to the point. I imagine many of the internet sales consultants opened it and deleted it just as quick. I can’t say I blame them. If I work off commission and I’m after units sold, I would probably come off as difficult (read: not a sucker) and move right along to the next easy MSRP customer. Shockingly, I never did receive a note back, not even an automated one, from the California dealers. Even if they could not entertain my offer, it was a disappointment to not even get a ‘thank you’ for considering them. Of the 35 dealers I emailed, 8 replied. Five of them never went further than the auto-generated response promising to follow-up with me during business hours. Talk about being in for the long haul.

We all know the song and dance of negotiating so I will omit this portion. I’ll also omit my experience with the dealer in person and after signing papers. It was that bad.

The part everyone secretly enjoys

While we read time and time again how much the waiting and delays irritate us to no end, there is a certain sick joy we derive from it. The screen shows the incorrect car day after day, hour after hour. No amount of refreshing changes it to resemble the one we ordered. And when all hope is lost, after another awful night of
sleep, we log in like pre-programmed zombies to find the build has changed.

Hell f’ing yes. What a sense of accomplishment we feel. Literally, we did nothing but stare at a screen. But, that doesn’t stop us from letting out a big satisfying sigh of relief. Did we just save the Kingdom of Eternia? No, but we pumped our rowdy fists like

For that brief moment, we went from Prince Adam to He-man. And our pixelated M’s transformed into Battle Cat. What a grand 30 seconds. If your vehicle profile won’t update, try deleting your production number and re-entering it.

Lucky for me, my car profile image changed a few days before the M went into production. Everything was on track for the late April, early May PCD. Objective was to avoid holidays, historically rainy months, large town festivals, anything that could make an already unpredictable road trip more worrisome than necessary. And if I could avoid timeframes where there was increased highway/parkway patrols, then I’m all for it. This made it even more of a priority to block out the holidays and festivals. However, after driving through unscathed, I would definitely love to catch the festivals and county fairs. These areas have a vibe like nowhere else I’ve been.

The part where a route is determined

I use ridewithgps quite extensively for planning bicycling routes and such. I attempted to use google maps but did not find it nearly as sophisticated as rwgps. Odd indeed. Perhaps it was user error, but my efforts were in vain, so I went back to what I was familiar with. The route was planned around myself and my guest. For myself, there were only a few things I wanted: fun driving roads, spots to hike, and bizarre roadside attractions. For my guest: hole in the wall restaurants, country stores, and a few spa visits. We have tons of overlap in interests, so I’ll omit for the sake of brevity. With the help of google maps street view, I was able to route around some roads that rwgps initially picked, but later found out to be gravel. The exact roads I’d be searching out on my bicycle, but roads I’d try and avoid if possible in the new car.

The way I would utilize the route is quite archaic. I would print out a cue sheet, clip it all into a binder, and highlight all the key information like accommodations, gas stations, food, scenic areas, and so forth. (Funny sidenote about highlighters: in grade school I would stockpile the orange ones. In my mind, I was saving them for special things to highlight, something worthy of the orange, but those portions of text never came. So, after the end of every year, I’d have a dozen orange highlighters, dry as a desert.) I also transferred the route as a .tcx file for the Garmin and could use it in the car for turn-by-turn directions, exactly as I would if I were on a bike. I also used the rwgps app, which also gives me turn turn-by-turn, but there were areas I did not have a cell phone signal, so was glad to have the Garmin unit. ( I later found out I could save the information so it would be available should signal go out. Oops) It worked out flawlessly. Guest was engaged and helped with the navigation and that kept both of us more aware of our surroundings and environments. I can see the allure of traveling by nothing more than a paper map and a bearing. It was pleasantly relaxing to obtain information from physical media rather than a giant sat nav screen.

That’s not to say the GoPro wasn’t running. The first half of the drive back emphasised driving roads. Twisty, full of elevation changes, and packed with switchbacks. In rwgps, I marked the roads to show where to turn on the camera, and where to turn it off. Having the GoPro app on the phone made it really easy to control. The only issue was battery life, but I stocked up on those as well as memory cards beforehand. Also, used a 3 port 12v charger for the outlet located in passenger cabin, which I used to keep batteries and such topped-off. Running through the car was an audio cable for the external mic and one too many strips of gaffers tape. Tons of chaos, but well worth it, I hoped.

Having the route and itinerary planned was my biggest priority. Once this was relatively acceptable, I turned my attention to items I would bring with me on the flight down. The most humorous (pathetic) amount of time was sucked up by my search for EZ Pass velcro.

90 minutes later on Amazon and I finally ordered the $6 pack of strips. To add insult to injury, around the 60 minute mark I read a review that said velcro was free at EZ Pass service centers. All my searching wasn’t going to be for naught, so I stubbornly continued on, making sure I did not order the one with the snarky review.

Pssh. The only other item I made sure to pack was the ol’ radar detector and plenty of underwear. I figured I’d have a few pucker moments that would require a change of shorts.

One unit for me, another for a friend. Mine was exchanged in April for another due to GPS sensor failure. Glad it happened before the trip. Bummed it happened at all.

Last minute, I realized I needed to ride a bike whilst down there. I won’t try and be an evangelist, but a bike ride makes everything that much better. It’s like dipping your feet in a cool mountain stream and getting gold nuggets stuck in between your toes.

by rogerkimbap

A bit of googling landed me on a retailer in an area that looked quite promising. I’d ship my bike down a week early, have them re-assemble and ship it back afterwards. Since all the driving was on paved roads, it only made sense to find all the gravel I could find in a 4 hour loop. I wanted trails and roads that would almost be 27.5” territory, but not impossible on 700c.

[/url]by rogerkimbap

Again, google maps paired with rwgps did not disappoint. Within 30 minutes, I had myself a nice ride planned out of and back into Harrisonburg, VA. The pie in the sky hope was that I could get some dirt and mud in the ride. It didn’t really matter, as long as I was on a bike, life was going to be grand. Getting a break from all the driving would be a welcome change and one of the only ways I’d have of burning off all the food consumed.

Game plan looked a bit like this. Whether it would resemble the actual drive was anyone’s guess.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7096061 Day 1
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7189492 Day 2
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7096184 Day 3
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7096240 Day 4
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7096319 Day 5
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7096367 Day 6
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7358836 Bike loop

The part where I try to become a competent hiker

I had two hikes planned for the trip. One would be an easy stroll up Lover’s Leap outside of Hot Springs, NC with my guest. The other would be up Profile Trail, a western approach of Grandfather Mountain near Linville, NC, then working my way back to Swinging Bridge and the parking lot, where my guest would meet me. When winter breaks, I am generally on my bicycles. This hiking thing would be a whole new ordeal and eat up lots of saddle time.

Youtube has a few videos on the trails throughout Grandfather, and I knew immediately I’d have to sack up and drop my fear of heights. No better time to do so than when thousands of miles from home, right? So weekends leading up to PCD were set aside for hiking excursions. South of Boston around Milton there is a small area known as Blue Hills Reservation where I got my feet wet.

It didn’t help matters that there was still snow all over in April. If trying to navigate around and get used to a 50lb pack wasn’t enough, the snow was sure to get the best of me.

Eventually the snow disappeared and left nary a mud puddle. This only proved that falling now would be even more painful. No snow to cushion the ol butt and knees. There were lots of interesting things one ponders when completely out of shape, but I couldnt help but wonder how all these rocks looked like actual steps. Were they chiseled to be this formation?

All sorts of neat treasures were sitting out in the woods. This view out of Eliot Tower looking back into Boston wasn’t terrible.

I was worked over pretty good by the time I got here. There isn’t more than a few hundred feet of elevation gain throughout the loops, so I loaded up the pack and treated myself like a mule many hikes over. I could only hope it pays off. New Hampshire would have been great for more challenging terrain, but it would have been at least 4 hours of driving time alone. Bleh.

The part PCD is confirmed

Original request was to take delivery in late April. With the winter storms that rolled through, and no end to the nasty road conditions in sight, I decided to try and push the date back a few weeks. I called up my CA and told him I wanted mid-May. A few weeks went by and once the vehicle went into production, I received confirmation of my requested date.

They (the folks at the Performance Center) send along some literature to read over regarding the structure of the day, accommodations, a paper going over tax law, and another where they collect your travel information.

This last form they explicitly tell you not to return to them until you’re within a 3 week window of delivery. When planning accommodations, mentioning BMW PC will get you corporate rates at select locations. I took them up on that offer. Once at the Marriott (comp’d the night prior to delivery). I wanted to do The Biltmore, but of course corporate rate availability was booked up by the time the 3 week window rolled around. meh.

Since I’d be well over the 1200 mile service by the time I returned home, I decided to make an appointment with a dealer in Sterling, VA. I called them a month from the appointment date and was relieved at the aspect of the service being done when it should. I would not have to cut any corners in my drive and could just enjoy mile after blissful mile. I called them a week prior to delivery date, and they did not have any record of my appointment. Annoyed for sure, but the SA made the appointment and was apologetic enough about the mistake.

Then a thread popped up regarding how soon the 1200 mile service needed to be done. Replies were all over the board, so I threw caution to the wind and canceled the appointment. Why did the chicken cross the road, and all that, right?

In a nutshell, I imagine my preparations are inline with with many of yours. We can fast-forward and let the photos explain all the dopeness that follows the agonizing ordering process. I can’t stress enough to just roll with the punches once you land at GSP. If you dealt with a comical dealership, your nightmare is over. You are there to pick up a car and enjoy arguably some of the finest roads east of the Mississippi on your respective drives home. There’s going to be traffic. There’s going to be some wrong turns. There’s going to be folks that never left the south, but don’t let any of that stop you from loving the adventure. And most importantly, you are a guest of these wonderful states. Don’t be a D. A quick rundown of my timeline leading up to delivery.

07 February placed order
05 March production started, 18 March estimated completion
14 March Entered body shop
17 March Entered paint shop
18 March Released to port of exit
20 March At port awaiting shipping vessel
26 March Aboard Galveston Highway
12 April Arrived Port of Charleston
14 April VPC
15 April Started Workorder
27 April Released to Waggoners Trucking

The part where you see photos, courtesy of the awesome folks of PCD

On 6 May, the team at the Performance Center sent me an email. Attached were 3 photos of my soon to be lovingly abused F80. I’ve been fuming over my experience with the dealership, so this small gesture by the folks in South Carolina went a long way. Still to this day, I’ve never run across this color/chassis style combo in Boston, so it is still refreshing to see.

Being a part-time neurotic, I started freaking out about the orange markers on the hood. No other vehicle had these. So, in my over-imaginative mind I concluded that quite simply, Doomsday was nigh. My car would have gremlins and be a complete lemon, leaving me stranded smack dab in the middle of running Tail of the Dragon. After a quick bike ride, I forgot all about it.
And then it was delivery weekend.

the shuttle from the airport to hotel was an x5. it's a short drive, maybe 12 minutes. one thing to keep in mind if you're staying at the hotel a few days is that the bmw shuttle seems to serve the entire hotel. there were a few times we called and they were backed up 3 or 4 hours.
278A0138 by roger k, on Flickr

urban sprawl. jump on the interstate to get to other side of town
278A0139 by roger k, on Flickr

decent rooms overlooking the pool area. really nice view at sunrise
278A0143 by roger k, on Flickr

the 3 mules on shuttle duty until their mileage is up
278A0153 by roger k, on Flickr

interesting tree located in falls park on the reedy, right in downtown greenville
278A0161 by roger k, on Flickr

this sign looks new, and unfortunate. why people feel the need to carve up a tree baffles me
278A0163 by roger k, on Flickr

reedy river was flush with activity over the hot weekend. im not sure if it's clean enough to really swim in, but it didnt stop many folks from jumping in. it's a very relaxing space to be sure
278A0166 by roger k, on Flickr

on the outskirts of town was a funnel cake shop. it might seat 5 people inside and also has outside tables. would recommend if you're making a family vacation out of pcd
278A0172 by roger k, on Flickr

new vette. there was a parade that went through town on sunday and they must have invited the vettes and mustangs
278A0177 by roger k, on Flickr

#lightbro
278A0192 by roger k, on Flickr

local hs bands also participated. they all sounded great
278A0189 by roger k, on Flickr

view of the falls. can see all the kids and families playing around, trying to stay cool
278A0200 by roger k, on Flickr

the bridge connecting either side of the reedy
278A0202 by roger k, on Flickr

small benches and flower arrangements litter the park
278A0205 by roger k, on Flickr

sun singled-out this couple enjoying what i imagine is the more recently developed part of greenville
278A0224 by roger k, on Flickr

i cant remember the restaurant in this building, but it wasn't bad
278A0230 by roger k, on Flickr

this view was provided by what might have been an old mill, that was gutted and is now used for public events and just open space in general
278A0234 by roger k, on Flickr

picked up car with 12 miles on the books
IMG_8873 by roger k, on Flickr

there was a student that did a project resulting in all these little brass mice all over downtown. a fun activity if you have young kids to find all of them
278A0235 by roger k, on Flickr

michelin office
278A0236 by roger k, on Flickr

while everyone rode the giant shuttle van over for pcd, my guest and i were taken by the x5. it's maybe another 12 minute ride over to the facility
278A0238 by roger k, on Flickr

greenville. appropriately named
IMG_8862 by roger k, on Flickr

a little psa
278A0240 by roger k, on Flickr

the dudes
278A0241 by roger k, on Flickr

after the morning track driving exercises, the instructors took out anyone that wished for a hotlap. no m5's, they used f80's this day
278A0243 by roger k, on Flickr

my car was right at the entrance. i was the youngest person taking delivery and i think the color made a majority of the older participants gag a bit
278A0246 by roger k, on Flickr

278A0249 by roger k, on Flickr

278A0258 by roger k, on Flickr

i didnt waste much time finding the good stuff. got a bit sidetracked at first, but got it sorted in short order. hit pockets of rain on and off on monday so took it easy
IMG_8875 by roger k, on Flickr

this is my kinda place. convenience store with a restaurant inside
IMG_8879 by roger k, on Flickr

pic for memory's sake
278A0263 by roger k, on Flickr

this was a pull-off right near a giant dam. dumping rain
278A0266 by roger k, on Flickr

same spot as 32

278A0268 by roger k, on Flickr

wanted to drive back and see what was there, but restricted entrance. their cool covered bridge would have to do
278A0269 by roger k, on Flickr

i wish i had more time to make a good photo here. i guess the highway actually went behind the waterfall until not too long ago
278A0278 by roger k, on Flickr

where the wild things are
278A0279 by roger k, on Flickr

a couple peeks through another waterfall. this is just a few miles from the bridal one
278A0296 by roger k, on Flickr

this was a really odd area and i wasn't sure what to make of it. it's the very end of highway to nowhere. there's a wiki and other info on it.
278A0308 by roger k, on Flickr

this was towards the beginning of the highway to nowhere
278A0314 by roger k, on Flickr

private parking spot. early morning light
278A0324 by roger k, on Flickr

stayed at watershed cabins for a night. for only 200 bucks, it's a decent place to stay. the drive to the cabin itself is more x5 than m3. steep, loose rocks in parts, and not exactly smooth. no regrets though
278A0316 by roger k, on Flickr

not that the roads down there get bad, but they were redoing a big portion of backroad. instead of a victory lap at the welt, we were lead out by this guy.
IMG_8899 by roger k, on Flickr

nice coffee shop with a giant portafilter out front. drinks were good, but their scales must have been off. my pourover was literally pouring over the floor, table, everywehre
IMG_8897 by roger k, on Flickr

my jam. this place tossed two buckets at you when you sat down. one full of peanuts, the other to throw away the shells. or spit out your tobacco. or use as a booster seat
IMG_8887 by roger k, on Flickr

Last edited by okroger; 02-24-2016 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 7
      05-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

pull-off on grandfather mountain
278A0416 by roger k, on Flickr

clouds steaming up the treeline
278A0419 by roger k, on Flickr

near the crest of grandfather mountain. this switchback was mouthwatering. could almost mistake the view for a proper euro pass
278A0447 by roger k, on Flickr

50 shades of green
278A0422 by roger k, on Flickr

i imagine autumn in this area is eye porn
278A0420 by roger k, on Flickr

up at the top, looking back at the hairpin
278A0431 by roger k, on Flickr

the best light is from a storm system
278A0433 by roger k, on Flickr

small homestead in north carolina. 4 minutes after taking this photo, i got tagged by a statie. wide open highway, visibility for miles, zero traffic, and cited 12 over psl. whatever
278A0454 by roger k, on Flickr

little reprieve after a crazy backroad route. ordered a burger and she fired them up on a grill outside. would recommend.
278A0458 by roger k, on Flickr

the garmin system i was using to stay on a predetermined course. did not add too much clutter
278A0415 by roger k, on Flickr

lurking in shadows. these old barns/sheds/buildings are all over the place. just gorgeous
278A0402 by roger k, on Flickr

amazingly beautiful lumber. i was in awe
278A0404 by roger k, on Flickr

mabry mill. quick hit and run of a tourist spot. only reinforced how lazy i am. i would never have the energy to build this
278A0472 by roger k, on Flickr

the water collection chutes
278A0485 by roger k, on Flickr

more grandfather mountain. can see sunshine trying to blast through the clouds
278A0434 by roger k, on Flickr

spotted this guy while eating at mokomandy in sterling, va. food was hit or miss, but the bartender was on point. if i remember correctly it was phil
278A0509 by roger k, on Flickr

nothing but blue skies up near little switzerland
278A0409 by roger k, on Flickr

kids paradise. sodas of all flavors, and icecream, hotdogs, and other treats. my main reason to stop in this town was citizen frederick. nice people inside, limited selection. was hoping to find awesome local denim. no dice
278A0513 by roger k, on Flickr

grandfather again
278A0441 by roger k, on Flickr

one sick puppy
278A0517 by roger k, on Flickr

kinda fond of this spot it seems
278A0442 by roger k, on Flickr

front wheel gap is massive. rear didnt look bad with about 80lbs of luggage in back
278A0521 by roger k, on Flickr

open breakfast area at lakeview fontana
278A0326 by roger k, on Flickr

steps look like red velvet cupcakes
278A0335 by roger k, on Flickr

more rustic wood and a small breakfast arrangement
278A0329 by roger k, on Flickr

nothing but fresh mountain air and colorful flowers
278A0342 by roger k, on Flickr

more awesome
278A0331 by roger k, on Flickr

another neat gas station / country store. get gas in a major town. it was about 3.80 out in the sticks for 93
278A0356 by roger k, on Flickr

found one of the bridges of madison county
278A0362 by roger k, on Flickr

hiking around lovers leap, almost ran into this guy's hard work
278A0364 by roger k, on Flickr

and this dude was just living large
278A0366 by roger k, on Flickr

best view in the house
278A0377 by roger k, on Flickr

you can sorta see the bridge that you have to walk across to get to this side of the river
278A0384 by roger k, on Flickr

part of the appalachian trail system
278A0382 by roger k, on Flickr

one of hundreds of churches
278A0387 by roger k, on Flickr

but this might be my favorite.
278A0391 by roger k, on Flickr

another reclaimed lot of land
278A0394 by roger k, on Flickr

Last edited by okroger; 05-27-2015 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 9
      05-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

small portion of blue ridge parkway

but wait, there's more!

driving up grandfather mountain

skyline drive. it will test your limits, not the cars

another amazing backroad through virginia...i think

trail hollow road in tennessee. visual feast

highway 28 and tail of the dragon

memorial weekend, exactly what i was trying to avoid

that's not to say i didnt get the most bs ticket during my trip. nc, 12mph over psl. worst ticket i've ever received.

IMG_8905 by roger k, on Flickr

waiting on youtube.....

Last edited by okroger; 05-31-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 6
      05-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #4
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Wait...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

alright, just waiting on youtube vids now
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
LeontiyZHP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90m3; F15x35i

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Seems that PCD delivery could be worth the trip some day, after ED.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
Nice AY I have not seen one yet in the real world
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #8
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

Did you walk the sky bridge?
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #9
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Awesome photos!! Thanks for sharing. Love the AY
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #10
psuwcc112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4 coupe

Looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing!

2015 F82 YMB M4 (Feb 28th ED, re-deliveried on Apr 18th) |My 2015 YMB M4 ED Journal
2008 E92 SSII M3 Coupe (Sold) | My long gone 2008 E92 SSII M3
2002 E39 SG 530i (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #11
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeontiyZHP View Post
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Seems that PCD delivery could be worth the trip some day, after ED.
thanks!
the delivery day itself goes by pretty quick.
i suppose it depends on your personality, but i was ready to go after the driving exercises. the area itself is a goldmine of driving and outdoor activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
Nice AY I have not seen one yet in the real world
mine was the first f80 ay i've seen as well in person. i was relieved it wasnt atrocious
on the entire drive back up, i did not run across a single f8x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Did you walk the sky bridge?
i did. i feel like im missing something, is it haunted??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Awesome photos!! Thanks for sharing. Love the AY
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuwcc112 View Post
Looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing!
thanks! it's definitely a good time as long as you can avoid the fuzz
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 05:38 AM   #12
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Roger, this is NUTS! I love the write up! Nothing short of genius! Beautiful and very creative pictures as well!

Man, you know how to do road trips!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 05:42 AM   #13
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

My favorites!

One sick puppy!

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 05:44 AM   #14
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

This should be featured on the front page! Awesome awesome write up! Looks like you had a blast man!
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 05:54 AM   #15
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Brilliant read that! Stunning car and superb pictures!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 06:47 AM   #16
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

wow, great post! I really enjoyed all that. Congrats on the new car and enjoy in good health!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #17
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Congrats, and glad you finally got the car!!

Where were you when I was planning my road trip following PCD?? Driving through the Smokies was such a great experience... to my surprise I saw MANY more cops in Greenville proper than I did in the mountain roads (TOTD etc.)

I'm also curious as to what your dealership experience was like.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #18
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
Roger, this is NUTS! I love the write up! Nothing short of genius! Beautiful and very creative pictures as well!

Man, you know how to do road trips!!!
thanks man, just trying to do the trip justice. still doesnt hold a candle to your write-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
This should be featured on the front page! Awesome awesome write up! Looks like you had a blast man!
it was fantastic. hopefully be seeing you around at some sort of f8x meet or drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Brilliant read that! Stunning car and superb pictures!!
thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed all the rambling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
wow, great post! I really enjoyed all that. Congrats on the new car and enjoy in good health!
if good health is gauged by points on insurance, i have that covered in spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Congrats, and glad you finally got the car!!

Where were you when I was planning my road trip following PCD?? Driving through the Smokies was such a great experience... to my surprise I saw MANY more cops in Greenville proper than I did in the mountain roads (TOTD etc.)

I'm also curious as to what your dealership experience was like.
thanks man! your photos sealed the deal with my color choice. i didn't have too many issues with leo until getting further north. certainly will avoid highways altogether next time around and stick to backroads.

the dealership experience is a word: bullocks. i'm still writing up that part for bmw corporate so will share more on that later
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #19
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Awesome write up. Love the pictures
      06-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #20
lyldvlsh1
Rep
Drives: Henna E30 M3

Thumbs up

Awesome pics and write up man. congrats.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #21
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Great delivery! I've been to the smokey mountains and blue ridge parky many times, I easily recognized several of the spots in your photos. It truly is our slice of heaven on the east coast. Just hours and hours of driving bliss.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #22
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Yesss! Featured okroger !! Congrats buddy!!!
Appreciate 0