European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-28-2022, 08:40 AM   #1
NYCLFC6
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 and X5

FEELER - Thinking of selling my 2018 M3 Comp CPO with 16k miles - NY

Hi all. Although I do not post here regularly, I am here almost daily checking out the forum. Just picking your brains on potentially selling my M3.

Purchased it in April of 2020 at the height of pandemic when everything shut down and stock market crashed. I got a really good deal for $59k + NY tax around $65k total. It was just returned from a lease and had only 4500 miles. During the first year I drove it a bit more back and forth to work but for the past year, a year and a half I averaged about 2k-3k miles. Now the car just sits in the garage at my weekend house upstate and it's rarely driven. We may be looking to sell the house upstate in spring and relocate so this is the reason to sell and invest the money on the new house. The car is superclean. I recently installed tint all around (35% front and 25 or 20% rear I think) dark just enough not to get pulled over and it really looks sharp. Will post some photos soon. Other than this, the car is 100% stock. Never tracked or driven hard. It has brand new tires Michelin PS4S I never installed the front license plate, took my chances. The car is under warranty until April 2023 as it was purchased a CPO.

Based on the current market out there for this car, what do you think I can get for it?

2018 Competition Package
DCT
Executive Package
Mineral Gray
16k miles
~$80k original MSRP
Warranty until 4/23

Thank you all.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 10:40 AM   #2
NYCLFC6
Rep

some photos
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 08:37 AM   #3
Kal_el
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Its a very clean example with low miles. KBB will say that it will range between $58-63K as a trade-in and maybe closer to $66k private sale. That being said, not a lot of folks are buying F80s at the price range that I have seen. On the FB marketplace there are a lot for sale in the 40s and 50s. They aren't as clean obviously but its the market. I would see what places like KBB, Carmax, or other dealerships would offer you for a cash offer especially with a year + left on the warranty I think you can get top dollar. If you wait for the right buyer you might be able to private sale but that could take a long time.
      09-29-2022, 11:00 AM   #4
NYCLFC6
Rep

Thank you. I was just hoping to recoup my money. I love the car but if it's just going to sit in the garage the value will only go down. I would rather put that money elsewhere.

How hard is to sell it to private sellers? I am guessing most people will not pay cash for this car so they would have to finance which can get complicated and not sure if it's worth the headache. I am definitely not looking to trade it in.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 11:41 AM   #5
Kal_el
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLFC6 View Post
Thank you. I was just hoping to recoup my money. I love the car but if it's just going to sit in the garage the value will only go down. I would rather put that money elsewhere.

How hard is to sell it to private sellers? I am guessing most people will not pay cash for this car so they would have to finance which can get complicated and not sure if it's worth the headache. I am definitely not looking to trade it in.
From what I have seen there are a few desired examples with the right color combos and comp package that actually will sell at the top end. Private sales are tough because you're going to deal with a lot of kids that want the car but can't afford it and will low ball or just waste your time. If they have their own financing locked in then cool, but not too many people have $60+ cash to buy a car. If you are on FB, there are a few market place groups for ///M cars and you can kind of see the direction that all goes.

See what the dealership/ Carmax/Carvana will give you. I'm thinking they will give you a close enough $$$$ amount that will make it easier to let go than to try and deal with a private sale.
      09-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #6
NYCLFC6
Rep

Thank you my friend! Will try and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 12:27 PM   #7
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

I just unloaded my 18 6mt base with executive with 46k miles. Market is coming down right now. I entertained several private buyers, but at the end time is money and it was getting too much answering every little question people asks for. Then there's the low balling.

I ended up selling it to Algo which gave me a pretty ridiculous offer. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 01:07 PM   #8
NYCLFC6
Rep

Thank you R3dliner. I agree, probably private sellers are not worth the time. Forgive my ignorance but have not heard of Algo. I will put that on the list.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 02:35 PM   #9
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

That is a great f80! I'm in the market for one but I can't see myself buying a f80 for that price. I would trade it back or sell it to a dealer. Have you tried bringatrailer? That might be a good option if you want todo private.
      03-17-2023, 04:16 PM   #10
cptclutch
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Just sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0