GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-20-2023, 04:36 PM   #221
ron_s55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
Just wrapped this up from the bottom. Not too bad. Toughest was finding a combination of bits to get my torque wrench in. Used 2 70mm m8 bolts with the heads cut off. Is 25 lbs still the recommended torque? Used orange hybrid strength thread locker. Saw someone mention above going to 35.
The F80Ho video on youtube has a part where he measures the combination of sockets, adapters and wrench that fit. That saved me some time. I think it was min 3" - max 3.25" measured from the socket tip to the back of the ratchet.

I only had a 3/8" torque wrench and no combination of sockets/adapters that could fit with it, so I just torqued it by feel. Torque spec is 25 ft lb for VTT and MMR. 29 ft lb for some other brand I found.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 12:55 AM   #222
kxsb
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I did this last month for my friend. It took me 2.5hrs. Extremely easy tbh. I did the headless bolt method, but didnt have any on hand. You can buy this at Oreillys and put them in (I used 3), and buy the time you install the other bolts, the 3 will come off with ease. Very very easy install.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...kit/mtm0/03411
Appreciate 0