Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-29-2019, 07:27 AM   #23
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

M2 CS?
      05-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #24
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Non ///M BMWs are Toyota's

Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Um no. Take a drive in a camry, and then drive a 340i. If you can't tell the difference, I wouldn't trust your opinions very much going forward.
Quote:
It's a joke guy. You know humor. You might wanna try it sometime
Unless it is a RWD manual with M Sport Dynamic Handling/Track Pack (or whatever it is called nowadays) then yes most non Ms do drive like Toyotas with more power.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #25
alfonseexists
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 with Comp Pack

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I have been feeling the M2c lately so I would go for that.
I currently have a m4 zcp but given a choice the m2cs with a manual truly is more of what I’m into. the add on appointment stuff in the m4 does little for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 01:43 AM   #26
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
M2CP is what M has been missing for years, it can be a daily driver with compromises. If you need 4 doors, non M versions work just as well and for a lot less money.

Just saying.
Um no. Take a drive in a camry, and then drive a 340i. If you can't tell the difference, I wouldn't trust your opinions very much going forward.
I have a healthy sense of humor for funny jokes.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 02:02 AM   #27
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:

Just saying.
Quote:
Quote:
Unless it is a RWD manual with M Sport Dynamic Handling/Track Pack (or whatever it is called nowadays) then yes most non Ms do drive like Toyotas with more power.
You're basically telling us that you can't recognize the difference between a car with a longitudinal engine configuration, near 50/50 weight distribution front to rear, and rwd or rwd bias (in the awd) vs a fwd car with transverse engine placement, with the inherent imbalance and torque steer inherent in such vehicles?

Regardless of electronic assisted power steering system, awd, automatic transmission, electronic controls, or the suspension, an astute driver will always feel the difference between the two drive train configurations mentioned above. It creates fundamental differences in how the car feels and handles. Of course someone who wants a more dynamic driving car should outfit it with sport suspension, and other preferences, or install them after market. This, however, is more difficult to achieve with a Camry than a 3 series, and the Camry still wouldn't feel the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:57 AM   #28
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You're basically telling us that you can't recognize the difference between a car with a longitudinal engine configuration, near 50/50 weight distribution front to rear, and rwd or rwd bias (in the awd) vs a fwd car with transverse engine placement, with the inherent imbalance and torque steer inherent in such vehicles?

Regardless of electronic assisted power steering system, awd, automatic transmission, electronic controls, or the suspension, an astute driver will always feel the difference between the two drive train configurations mentioned above. It creates fundamental differences in how the car feels and handles. Of course someone who wants a more dynamic driving car should outfit it with sport suspension, and other preferences, or install them after market. This, however, is more difficult to achieve with a Camry than a 3 series, and the Camry still wouldn't feel the same.
Tell yourself that all you want. I’ve (my wife as well) owned/leased nearly all versions of the F3X cars and “feel” isn’t a thing they have going for them unless specifically configured. Even then it isn’t great. The best thing they have going for them over the Camry is they aren’t FWD. In reality in DD you can rarely tell the difference and most should just save themselves a ton of money and get a fully loaded Camry/Accord because they really can’t tell the difference nor care to and only care about that badge.

A F36 owner telling me I don’t what the difference in drivetrains etc is in regards to feel.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #29
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Tell yourself that all you want. I've (my wife as well) owned/leased nearly all versions of the F3X cars and "feel" isn't a thing they have going for them unless specifically configured. Even then it isn't great. The best thing they have going for them over the Camry is they aren't FWD. In reality in DD you can rarely tell the difference and most should just save themselves a ton of money and get a fully loaded Camry/Accord because they really can't tell the difference nor care to and only care about that badge.

A F36 owner telling me I don't what the difference in drivetrains etc is in regards to feel.
Actually, you're the one proclaiming to the forum that you can't tell much difference in feel. I didn't say this in regard to you, I merely explained the difference Also, the car you purchased, and drive, isn't relevant to the discussion. Since you can tell "little difference" between a Camry and 3 series, of which there are fundamental differences in design that affect driving dynamics, maybe you could have bought just about anything else and been perfectly happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:07 AM   #30
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Actually, you're the one proclaiming to the forum that you can't tell much difference in feel. I didn't say this in regard to you, I merely explained the difference Also, the car you purchased, and drive, isn't relevant to the discussion. Since you can tell "little difference" between a Camry and 3 series, of which there are fundamental differences in design that affect driving dynamics, maybe you could have bought just about anything else and been perfectly happy.
enjoy your car and the never ending fights about what is better the 3 or 4 series/I4 or I6 etc in that section.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #31
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
enjoy your car and the never ending fights about what is better the 3 or 4 series/I4 or I6 etc in that section.
Thanks! I do enjoy the f36. Of course it's no m4, but it suits my needs as a daily driver for the time being. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a sports sedan per se, but I have no issue thinking of it as a "sporty" sedan, or coupe, or whatever exactly the f36 is
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 05:52 PM   #32
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Thanks! I do enjoy the f36. Of course it's no m4, but it suits my needs as a daily driver for the time being. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a sports sedan per se, but I have no issue thinking of it as a "sporty" sedan, or coupe, or whatever exactly the f36 is
What was your last car and what does your f36 share space with?

It’s so easy for that comparative set to bias things.

Some time ago I had a weekend where I traveled for work (got an f10 528 rental) went home, and directly drove my f80 to airport to travel again to visit my brother and track his gt4.

Going from f10 to f80, it was like “wow m3 is so super sporty and amazing”.

Going from gt4 to m3 was like, “wtf is bmw doing making such a big boat and slapping “Motorsport” badges on it?!”

Jokes aside, m2 with 6mt should be a no brainer for OP. Best “value” in m lineup
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:47 AM   #33
WESTCOASTTRADING
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Coupe

go for M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #34
six-n-twins53
Amateur Tattoo Artist
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp

Had an m2. Traded for zcp. No regrets
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #35
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

M4 Comp Pkg. I thought about the M2 but definitely glad I got an F80.
Appreciate 0