GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
daveypetey
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 f80 ZCP DCT

Maintenance for stock 18 f80 ZCP DCT

Hey all-

After a second great night at Utah Motorsports Campus WOW+ I am going to forgo all other hobbies and life responsibilities and start trying to get my car out to all of these events, and maybe some track cross as well. Having never done this type of thing before, what should I regularly be checking/aware of/watching for other than the very obvious stuff like tires/brakes/oil level. The tracks are 2.2 miles, and it's about 20-25 minutes of as hard as I can push driving, and then a long 30 minute cool down drive back to my place. It's my daily 3-4 days a week, and other than the track doesn't get driven hard, and I have no plans to do any mods. I will probably sell the car right before it goes out of factory warranty (12/20). Any and all suggestions and answers are very welcome.

Thanks,
Dave
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Dave, I'd recommend looking through the various threads in section of the forums. Lots of useful information for new and experienced drivers.

As you mentioned already, brakes/tires are consumables and tend to wear rather quickly with this chassis depending on your pace/track environment. Outside of that, pre and post trackday inspections should be done to confirm the car is in good working shape with no obvious signs of excessive wear/failures/etc (take a look at HPDE tech inspections for an idea of what items you routinely check). Honestly though these cars are pretty darn dependable even after experiencing multiple track events.

Hope that helps and I'm sure you'll get more advice for others!

ZCP - Daily Driven Trackster ~ Gone but not Forgotten
1LE - Track Rubber & Garage Dust Collector
Appreciate 1