BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-10-2022, 02:51 AM   #23
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ_OPA80 View Post
I'm in the UK also. Bought my F80 December, 4yo with 28k on it. Just had a major service, new spark plugs, new tyres at the rear, new discs and pads at the front if I remember right.

Mine is at dealer again now for creaking during adverse camber, ticking from cold start and a dodgy door arm at the back

My advice is to check it over as thoroughly as you can!

You will adore the car I'm sure
Thank you for that! I bet discs and pads were not cheap!? I’ve contacted the BMW dealership to ask for the whole service history including plugs (or not) and obviously the car has one year warranty. Picking it up soon…it’s a 5 hour drive away!?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 04:33 AM   #24
FJ_OPA80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbcarmona View Post
Thank you for that! I bet discs and pads were not cheap!? I’ve contacted the BMW dealership to ask for the whole service history including plugs (or not) and obviously the car has one year warranty. Picking it up soon…it’s a 5 hour drive away!?
Which dealer are you getting it from?

You should be able to get the full AUC check report from the dealer, assuming it's approved used? You also have a window of opportunity to scrutinise this and ask them to sort other bits - i would suggest capitalising on this as much as possible. I got ~30 pages of docs through before picking mine up.

Whats the spec?!
      01-10-2022, 08:07 AM   #25
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep

Quote:
Which dealer are you getting it from?

You should be able to get the full AUC check report from the dealer, assuming it's approved used? You also have a window of opportunity to scrutinise this and ask them to sort other bits - i would suggest capitalising on this as much as possible. I got ~30 pages of docs through before picking mine up.

Whats the spec?!
I’m getting it from John Clark BMW in Dundee!
It’s 2018 F80 M3 Comp, Tanzanite Blue with Silverstone. DCT with a few goodies like reverse camera, heated seats and steering, Icon Adaptive lights with high beam assist, HUD, HK…these were my only must-haves really. Funny how I was finding getting one with high beam assist, quite difficult…but after having it on my last one, it became a must! Originally I was set to go with the M2C but it’s quite low in the rear seats and not as convenient for the family…also you can feel better quality inside on the M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 08:42 AM   #26
FJ_OPA80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I’m getting it from John Clark BMW in Dundee!
It’s 2018 F80 M3 Comp, Tanzanite Blue with Silverstone. DCT with a few goodies like reverse camera, heated seats and steering, Icon Adaptive lights with high beam assist, HUD, HK…these were my only must-haves really. Funny how I was finding getting one with high beam assist, quite difficult…but after having it on my last one, it became a must! Originally I was set to go with the M2C but it’s quite low in the rear seats and not as convenient for the family…also you can feel better quality inside on the M3.
Spec looks good, nearly the same as mine. Think only thing mine has ontop is the surround view which tbf I could take or leave - HK/HUD and the ICONS much more valuable to me.

I also considered an M2 but fundamentally the M3 much more practical
      01-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #27
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep

Quote:
Spec looks good, nearly the same as mine. Think only thing mine has ontop is the surround view which tbf I could take or leave - HK/HUD and the ICONS much more valuable to me.

I also considered an M2 but fundamentally the M3 much more practical
yeah same here...my m135i was actually more practical than the M2C in terms of head height on the back and boot width/height to put a bike inside for example...although for looks and driving experience, the M2C is probably the nicest M.
Only thing I really wanted were the new Icon lights, High Beam assist, HK and heated seats...everything else is a bonus.

What is the realistic mpg on these, around town and motorway btw?

Just had this information from the dealership about the service history.

Run-In Service on 10/05/2018 at 1155 miles
Engine Oil and Microfilter Service carried out on 31/10/2019 at 18,023 miles
Brake Fluid Service and Vehicle Inspection on 17/12/2020 at 26,126 miles.
Vehicle Inspection, Software Update, Engine Oil and Microfilter, Air Filter Element along with Spark Plugs at 32,789 miles on 23/11/2021
The discs have also been replaced at the rear as showing slight corrosion, pads at 8mm. Front Pads at 10mm
Tyres are all SS and all in green level of inspection (had the information before).

All seems good to me. Thanks for your helps guys.

Last edited by Gbcarmona; 01-10-2022 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: service history info update
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #28
FuRoRR
Rep
Drives: E36 328i 98' , F82 M4 18'

Quote:
Every 18K miles? Damn, that not a lot really…can get pricey that!
On my cars I only put Shell or BP fuels and once a month fill her with V power!
It is something that is fairly easy to DIY and the price of parts isn't that high. Since the dawn of BMW directFI (n54 days) i have started again with reading the plugs just like on old carb engines. Its easy to get ahead of an injector going bad and getting to know the current state of the engine.

Mileage on a stock m4 varies a lot from one person to another.
I have driven both a manual and a DCT one for quite a time and i easily can get from 8l/100km to 50l/100km.
Manual generally has worse consumption at about 8.5l/100km at motorway speeds while the DCT can get down to 8
City driving is where you will rarely see it go below 16 on both.
Then again this is with your foot trained for economy. The car rarely allows you to be gentle.
Just for reference - yesterday i burned out 10 liters for a couple of lenghtier highway pulls versus a GTR.
Damn near got stranded a minute's drive from the next petrol station just because i got distracted.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 02:50 PM   #29
FJ_OPA80
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'd love to give you approx mpg figures but not due to get my car back until later this week, in an x3 meanwhile.

From memory I think average is like 23mpg but it can definitely do better than that on longer runs. Ask around on m3cutters you will find out - broader UK audience there.

If in the north west any stage give me a shout.

When do you pick up the beast?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 05:15 PM   #30
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd love to give you approx mpg figures but not due to get my car back until later this week, in an x3 meanwhile.

From memory I think average is like 23mpg but it can definitely do better than that on longer runs. Ask around on m3cutters you will find out - broader UK audience there.

If in the north west any stage give me a shout.

When do you pick up the beast?
Picking up Thursday. On my m135i I was getting around 21 around town, short journeys…but Sheffield has loads of killer hills!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:51 PM   #31
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep

Got the car today and drove just over 300 miles driving back…what a machine! Quite different from the F21 M135i…and the 530 before that…a lot of power, still spinning for traction from 3rd to 4th!? Love the HUD and was a bonus to have the wireless charger point (might be a stock extra anyway) and Car Apple Play…still need a bit of time with this one…seems more confusing than the standard BMW system for nav, etc!
But what a car…only downside is the the wheelarches have a few stone chips but hopefully dealership will sort it FOC! Really love the TB exterior with SS interior…I’m stocked! The car did 30mpgs on this trip mostly between 70-85mph…Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0