BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-28-2021, 11:41 AM   #23
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
Do you know if one has to go through a dealer when buying extended warranty or can that be added to the price of the lease purchase through BMWFS?
If you buy directly from BMWFS, they will charge you MSRP. If you buy it through a dealer it's cheaper.

If you buy it through a dealer I was told I could not finance it and all payment was due upfront. I'm not sure if you go through BMWFS directly since it charges you full MSRP.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 02:58 PM   #24
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Does anyone here have any experience with lease buyout and whether there is any difference in working directly with BMW FS or having my local dealer process the lease turn-in and purchase for residual?

I am nervous my dealer is going to play games and charge a bunch of fees - they are already requesting a $200 inspection for them to be able to sell the car to me as a used car.

I called BMW FS a week or so ago and they mentioned RefiJet doing the processing of lease buyouts. Anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 07:06 PM   #25
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
Does anyone here have any experience with lease buyout and whether there is any difference in working directly with BMW FS or having my local dealer process the lease turn-in and purchase for residual?

I am nervous my dealer is going to play games and charge a bunch of fees - they are already requesting a $200 inspection for them to be able to sell the car to me as a used car.

I called BMW FS a week or so ago and they mentioned RefiJet doing the processing of lease buyouts. Anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks!
I literally went through this and going through the dealer was more expensive. Their buyout price is different than your buyout price. If you buy directly from BMWFS, there is no inspection fee. So literally just go to your BMWFS account, print out the buy out papers, mail them a check for your residual only, wait a few weeks and then you get your title. Once you get your title, you will need to go to the DMV/AAA and pay the sales if applicable and transfer the title to your name. BMW is supposed to give you a letter something about selling you the car or something like that. If you did not renew the registration, you will need to renew it. If the registration is current, you do not need renew it again.

In the past they used to give out incentives to lower your residual but how things are, I don't think anyone is getting any incentives. The residual is not negotiable with BMW. So whatever is on your contract is what you need to pay (assuming you went through the entire lease period). If you are buying out your car prior to the lease ending, you will save some $$$ from the interest you won't be paying on your last remaining payments.

If you are planning to finance it, I don't know how that works as I got them a cashier's check.

You also need to stop any automatic payments once you mail out your check. Your BMWFS account will close and you will get docked on your credit score (because you closed an account).

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 04:31 AM   #26
canigetaxm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
Do most people finance the buyout with their own bank or does Bmw offer financing? How are their rates?
Pen Fed has great lease by out rates I bought out my 2018 m3 lease with no issues and got a payment lower than my lease payment (60 months )
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 12:49 PM   #27
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Yeah, will invest in an s&p 500 index fund. We all know that past returns are indicative of future performance.
the paradox that on avg the "market" returns 8-10%.. but almost never returns 8-10% lol...
there's a great subreddit on this observation

02-23-2022, 12:55 PM   #28
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, will invest in an s&p 500 index fund. We all know that past returns are indicative of future performance.
the paradox that on avg the "market" returns 8-10%.. but almost never returns 8-10% lol...
there's a great subreddit on this observation

Seriously. Been talking to financial advisors who are targeting returns of 5% on an aggressive portfolio.
Appreciate 0