Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #1
heyitsnewtome
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
New owner - Questions inside

Hello,
I just picked up a 2015 F82
I had a couple of questions.

The previous owner or perhaps a would be detailer got some type of overspray on the instrument cluster lens as well in the two center air vents. It looks kind of like armor all, and it isn't coming off.
Has anyone run into this, and are there any tips on getting it cleaned up.

I have some clear coat coming off of one of my wheels. The car is older, and out of bumper to bumper coverage, but would this fall under the corrosion coverage? granted there is a little rash on the wheel, but not everywhere the clear is peeling. Aside from getting them refinished or replaced, just looking for some advise.

What ODBII scanner/coding tool is recommended, which connector would anyone recommend for using coding applications? Carley or Bimmercode, or something else?

Is a catch can a worthy upgrade? I am sure if these cars are bad about carbon deposits, mine already has some. Any noninvasive techniques to clean the valves up, of this is really a big deal?

Any other modest upgrades that anyone would suggest up front? I don't really think it needs a tune, plenty of meat on the bone for power. It has a burger motorsports elite intake already installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsnewtome View Post
Hello,

The previous owner or perhaps a would be detailer got some type of overspray on the instrument cluster lens as well in the two center air vents. It looks kind of like armor all, and it isn't coming off.

I have some clear coat coming off of one of my wheels. The car is older, and out of bumper to bumper coverage, but would this fall under the corrosion coverage? granted there is a little rash on the wheel, but not everywhere the clear is peeling. Aside from getting them refinished or replaced, just looking for some advise.

What ODBII scanner/coding tool is recommended, which connector would anyone recommend for using coding applications? Carley or Bimmercode, or something else?

Is a catch can a worthy upgrade? I am sure if these cars are bad about carbon deposits, mine already has some. Any noninvasive techniques to clean the valves up, of this is really a big deal?

Any other modest upgrades that anyone would suggest up front? I don't really think it needs a tune, plenty of meat on the bone for power. It has a burger motorsports elite intake already installed.

1) Try using Megiuars UC for the instrument cluster. If that doesn't take it out, then you're gonna need a pro or replacement.

2) No, it wouldn't fall under corrosion. You should refinish all 4 so they look the same. Matching OEM finish is hard.

3) I use bimmercode and some cheap OBDII reader off Amazon.

4) Catchcan not required or needed on S55.

5) Invest in some MPS4s or ContiExtremeContact and pay for some track/AX time.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
m4dman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

I second on BimmerCode it's a great app to use to customize your car. My personal favorite thing is video in motion and folding mirrors when the car is locked.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
heyitsnewtome
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
1) Try using Megiuars UC for the instrument cluster. If that doesn't take it out, then you're gonna need a pro or replacement.

2) No, it wouldn't fall under corrosion. You should refinish all 4 so they look the same. Matching OEM finish is hard.

Cool, thanks bud.
I have some local connections that powder coat wheels, but I am not sure that is the direction I want to go, I really like factory finish.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 04:50 PM   #5
heyitsnewtome
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dman View Post
I second on BimmerCode it's a great app to use to customize your car. My personal favorite thing is video in motion and folding mirrors when the car is locked.
I guess someone already did some coding on my car, when I lock it, the mirrors fold in.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 05:24 PM   #6
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Cool, thanks bud.
I have some local connections that powder coat wheels, but I am not sure that is the direction I want to go, I really like factory finish.
There are some shops that are skilled enough to refinish the wheel to look like factory. I’m not a fan of the solid color wheel so I prefer to keep the silver/black tone.
Appreciate 1
PhatLyfe984.00
      01-18-2021, 05:39 PM   #7
stealthm4f8x
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Hello,

Conti ECS are great tires, and cheaper than Ps4s. The rears are going to burn up a lot faster than you'd expect, and ps4s 1-2x a year can get expensive. Even without burnouts or donuts. But I floor the car a lot so that definitely has to do with it.

Also, go for a single midpipe VRSF or AA for the exhaust.

As for corrosion warranty on the wheel I doubt it. Make sure it's a good shop because very few shops can nail the 437m finish. Most of them do it too light
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 05:52 PM   #8
speedracerM4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

If you get BimmerCode, you should also get BimmerLink.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 08:02 PM   #9
heyitsnewtome
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthm4f8x View Post
Conti ECS are great tires, and cheaper than Ps4s. The rears are going to burn up a lot faster than you'd expect, and ps4s 1-2x a year can get expensive. Even without burnouts or donuts. But I floor the car a lot so that definitely has to do with it.

Also, go for a single midpipe VRSF or AA for the exhaust.

As for corrosion warranty on the wheel I doubt it. Make sure it's a good shop because very few shops can nail the 437m finish. Most of them do it too light
Cool, I will look into the conti tires, it has a new set of Hankook Ventus now, but my last set of Hankooks didn't impress me, but they were on 1/2 ton pickup.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #10
heyitsnewtome
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerM4 View Post
If you get BimmerCode, you should also get BimmerLink.
Thanks, looking into it now. Just watched some videos. I have a BT ODBII adapter on order.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 04:27 PM   #11
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthm4f8x View Post
The rears are going to burn up a lot faster than you'd expect

LOL, my fronts go out faster than my rears. But that's probably because of tracking. I floor it all the time, but it's more progressive to maximize traction with DSC completely off.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0