EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

04-24-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
///Mani
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Powdercoated 437m Wheels and Spacers

Hello Friends,

I had a couple questions about powdercoating 437m wheels a satin black and was hoping the great people of Bimmerpost will be able to help! First off does anyone have pics?

Since the 437m wheels are forged aluminum do they require a low heat baking process to not damage the integrity of the wheel? Does powdercoat come off easily say if I were to wash it with a low PSI pressure washer I use for my car?Does powdercoating wheels make the TPMS faulty? Are there any precautions or anything else I should know about for the process?

I have found threads in the past about spacers but I wanted to get some more updated ideas. What would be the most aggressive looking spacers without compromising ride quality? I like the look of a wider rear so would a 12mm Front and 15mm back be good? Also this would require an alignment correct? Would these be compatible with wider tires and lowering springs in the future?

Lastly does anyone recommend any powdercoat shops and spring installment/spacer installment shops in Central Florida area? I am willing to travel for quality work.

Thank you very much in advance for your input, I am a bit new to this side of the automotive world. Sorry to bombard with a lot of questions.

Have a marvelous day!

Nick
Appreciate 1
JTK24121.00
      04-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
ad4m
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' BMW M4

Garage List
2014 535 xi  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4 Coupe  [0.00]
powdercoater tells me bmw wheels are a pain in the ass to initially strip the stock finish but other than that no issues. everything works normal . cleaning process is the same as stock unless u ceramic coat them. may I suggest purchasing new tpms sensors in matte black as well, I didnt do this at first and the stock silver ones stick out. Bottom pic is my other set powder coated metallic bronze
Attached Images

Last edited by ad4m; 04-26-2019 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad4m View Post
powdercoater tells me bmw wheels are a pain in the ass to initially strip the stock finish but other than that no issues. everything works normal . cleaning process is the same as stock unless u ceramic coat them. may I suggest purchasing new tpms sensors in matte black as well, I didnt do this at first and the stock silver ones stick out. Bottom pic is my other set powder coated metallic bronze
The bronze looks great!

Also, you don't need to purchase all new TPMS sensors, you can just purchase new valve stems in black:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HUF-Bla...item5914985693
Appreciate 1
ad4m21.00
      04-26-2019, 11:44 PM   #4
///Mani
Private
Rep

Quote:
It does look great and thanks for the tip on the valve stems. I look forward to changing it up. I think powdercoating black transforms a white car to look so mean.
Appreciate 1
ad4m21.00
      04-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #5
longlasting
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

Quote:
Metallic bronze looks rly good I was thinking of doing this. I have black color car
Appreciate 1
ad4m21.00
      04-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
2 SLOW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Did mine gloss black, happy with the results:

2022 Skyscraper Grey M3 Competition xDrive
Appreciate 1
NYBulldog1310.00
      04-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
ad4m
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' BMW M4

Garage List
2014 535 xi  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longlasting View Post
Quote:

It does look great and thanks for the tip on the valve stems. I look forward to changing it up. I think powdercoating black transforms a white car to look so mean.
they would look great on a black car but then again everything does.
Attached Images

Last edited by ad4m; 04-30-2019 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #8
///Mani
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SLOW View Post
Did mine gloss black, happy with the results:

Looks really nice! I love black on black!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:32 PM   #9
OcTag3n
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 435d X-Drive F36

The bronze look really good mate, I like the finish a lot.

Did you just ask for metallic bronze or do you know the specific colour code?
Appreciate 0