R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-28-2020, 09:20 PM   #45
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittz1 View Post
I have found that people intentionally park their cars next to mine if I park in the way back. Only time I do not care is if they back theirs in and its a decent car. When they pull their shit box in right next to mine is a diff story.
No matter where I park or how far, I'm a magnet. Totally agree it's mostly a bucket that's drawn to me, why?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #46
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
it terrifies me to have something nice sometimes.
Holy crap disaster avoided.

Yesterday we had terrible wind gusts.

I'm parked next to a brand new Porsche Cayenne.

I always leave plenty of space for doors when I'm parking. No car on my passenger side so I was way over on that side.

Anyway; I barely get the door open and a gust of wind literally snatched the door out of my hand so it swung full open; holy mother of Jesus. Did not touch the Cayenne. Perhaps 4 inches to spare.

It made my heart race for the next hour...

I'm still traumatized thinking about it
Appreciate 1
agentrnge379.00
      12-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #47
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Story of my life...

I'll find the farthest parking space with nobody around and they'll still find me.

Wow. Just wow. Dude, if that were me, I think I would lose it. That asshat most definitely is doing that on purpose. Some people. Jesus.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 01:08 PM   #48
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

So what exactly are our options if we catch someone ding a car with a door or cart?

DD: 2020 Mazda CrystalWhite CX-5 GT w/PP
Wife's: 2023 Audi S5 Sportback DistrictGreen Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #49
need2boost
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW m4 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
So what exactly are our options if we catch someone ding a car with a door or cart?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
agentrnge379.00
      01-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #50
_E90S65_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Ugh, I feel your pain, OP.

I got my passenger side rear door dinged a while back.
And I am super picky about where I park.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 01:33 PM   #51
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
That sounds a lot more reasonable - $125 for 2 simple dings. Looks like I gotta hunt around. Was also toying with the idea of getting one of those DIY PDR kits for $50 and spending Thanksgiving pulling the ding out.
Did you ever get your dings fixed? I had a guy fix mine in the East Bay (WC/PH area) for $150 for a door ding
      01-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #52
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Did you ever get your dings fixed? I had a guy fix mine in the East Bay (WC/PH area) for $150 for a door ding
I didn't, been trying to block it out of my mind lol. A recent verbal quote I got in SF was "starting at $125, upwards depending on how long it takes to make it right". Thanks for letting me know!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 02:16 AM   #53
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Up until this past November my car had zero dings. Then I parked my car to go cycling in Yorba Linda and when I came back, this is what I saw. Some lady parked her big ass Silverado less than 2 ft from my car and decided to leave a huge dent on my passenger rear door. Funny enough as I'm taking pics to file an insurance claim against her, she comes walking out and oblivious that I'm standing there and proceeds to open her driverside door and hit my car again. You can't make this shit up. Needless to say, I made her hand over her insurance and I filed a claim against her. Had she just apologized instead of denying hitting my car despite me watch her do it, I would have probably worked out a cash deal to fix it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 12:34 AM   #54
Gotulukn
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible f83. M235i Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Story of my life...

I'll find the farthest parking space with nobody around and they'll still find me.

Of course it has to be a POS too.
Appreciate 1
White3401392.00
      01-21-2021, 12:36 AM   #55
Gotulukn
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible f83. M235i Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Up until this past November my car had zero dings. Then I parked my car to go cycling in Yorba Linda and when I came back, this is what I saw. Some lady parked her big ass Silverado less than 2 ft from my car and decided to leave a huge dent on my passenger rear door. Funny enough as I'm taking pics to file an insurance claim against her, she comes walking out and oblivious that I'm standing there and proceeds to open her driverside door and hit my car again. You can't make this shit up. Needless to say, I made her hand over her insurance and I filed a claim against her. Had she just apologized instead of denying hitting my car despite me watch her do it, I would have probably worked out a cash deal to fix it.
That would drive me off the edge.... Did you maintain composure? Women!! and women that drive silverados..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:19 AM   #56
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotulukn View Post
That would drive me off the edge.... Did you maintain composure? Women!! and women that drive silverados..
I was incredulous at first and then that turned to anger but then I saw her kids with her watching so I turned it down a notch. But yes, I had some angry words with her but refrained from cussing her out.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 02:45 AM   #57
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotulukn View Post
I was incredulous at first and then that turned to anger but then I saw her kids with her watching so I turned it down a notch. But yes, I had some angry words with her but refrained from cussing her out.
I would have lost my shit.. but yeah with kids you gotta keep your composure..

hate such people's ignorance and mindlessness more than anything.. you can't sometimes avoid a real accident..but such things, just look, park correctly and open the bloody door carefully.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3497.00
      01-21-2021, 07:09 AM   #58
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
That's incredible. The fact that she hit your car again prob helped you out as she can't deny hitting it like she could have the first time.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #59
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
That's incredible. The fact that she hit your car again prob helped you out as she can't deny hitting it like she could have the first time.
Something told me this lady has done this to other cars before and just didn't care b/c no one was ever around. Not this time lol
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2021, 03:05 PM   #60
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Something told me this lady has done this to other cars before and just didn't care b/c no one was ever around. Not this time lol
Best story I heard all day. Despise inconsiderate F*cks. Not today captain.

On another note I remove every dent out of my cars with a good PDR guy. I have his number on speed dial now - typically comes out 1-2 times per year to deal w/ my "inconsiderate people reminders" and my slight OCD, of course. I can't stand the distortion on the cars body reflection especially if it's on a body line. Luckily the f82 only had to do it once.

Good PDR technicians are absolute magicians.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3497.00
      01-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #61
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Quote:

On another note I remove every dent out of my cars with a good PDR guy. I have his number on speed dial now - typically comes out 1-2 times per year to deal w/ my "inconsiderate people reminders" and my slight OCD, of course. I can't stand the distortion on the cars body reflection especially if it's on a body line. Luckily the f82 only had to do it once.

How much do you pay generally?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #62
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Mind sharing your PDR guys info? I haven't had a chance to get it fixed yet due to work.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #63
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
How much do you pay generally?
Shallow 1inch long dents without involving a body line is anywhere from 125-150 each. However, jobs with multiple dents usually get discounted heavily - I had 5 removed on my STI when I first got it (3-4 of them were extremely minor but nonetheless visible to me) and all that took 2-3 hours of his time and was charged 700.

Quote:
Mind sharing your PDR guys info? I haven't had a chance to get it fixed yet due to work.
Dentevo .com - Joe Garcia, you can find him on yelp in Claremont, CA. He is based in the inland empire but is willing to travel as well. Reason why I use this guy is because not all PDR technicians are as delicate / meticulous with their work. Another guy that has done flawless work but far from me is Alloutdent .com - he's based in SFV / LA area.

It's gotten to the point where I trust Joe so much I don't even see him; I just leave my car unlocked and he works on my car while I'm at work, then he bills me.
Appreciate 1
White3401392.00
      01-21-2021, 04:24 PM   #64
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Shallow 1inch long dents without involving a body line is anywhere from 125-150 each. However, jobs with multiple dents usually get discounted heavily - I had 5 removed on my STI when I first got it (3-4 of them were extremely minor but nonetheless visible to me) and all that took 2-3 hours of his time and was charged 700.

Dentevo .com - Joe Garcia, you can find him on yelp in Claremont, CA. He is based in the inland empire but is willing to travel as well. Reason why I use this guy is because not all PDR technicians are as delicate / meticulous with their work. Another guy that has done flawless work but far from me is Alloutdent .com - he's based in SFV / LA area.

It's gotten to the point where I trust Joe so much I don't even see him; I just leave my car unlocked and he works on my car while I'm at work, then he bills me.
Does Joe drill holes in the doors or does he find way to get to them through other means to keep everything original?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #65
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does Joe drill holes in the doors or does he find way to get to them through other means to keep everything original?
This is what I meant by he is meticulous and delicate - he tries not to do the invasive procedures such as drilling unless he really has to (places where there's no access). He will explain his attempts and ultimately if he has to drill he will ask you for permission first (unlike some PDR techs I've met..)

First few times w/ Joe took more time because I had to get to know what he was about and he explained each dent individually, then stopped whenever he reached a point where he felt he had to ask for permission or explain to me. He removed my tail lamp on one car and proceeded then ended up putting everything back because there was no access, and I didn't want to drill into the panels for an extremely minor dent (shallow, sub 5mm long ding).

Hope that kind of explains the type of guy / work Joe does.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3497.00
      01-21-2021, 05:26 PM   #66
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is what I meant by he is meticulous and delicate - he tries not to do the invasive procedures such as drilling unless he really has to (places where there's no access). He will explain his attempts and ultimately if he has to drill he will ask you for permission first (unlike some PDR techs I've met..)

First few times w/ Joe took more time because I had to get to know what he was about and he explained each dent individually, then stopped whenever he reached a point where he felt he had to ask for permission or explain to me. He removed my tail lamp on one car and proceeded then ended up putting everything back because there was no access, and I didn't want to drill into the panels for an extremely minor dent (shallow, sub 5mm long ding).

Hope that kind of explains the type of guy / work Joe does.
Thanks for going into more detail. Very helpful! I shall give him a call 👍
Appreciate 1
JamesGames1326.00