Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

11-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #45
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
There's passion and there's reality.

I'm on the side of most here that combine both.

Passion alone makes you blind. So blind, in fact, that the poster above you couldn't even see that wasn't a race.
Clearly a track day. Actual race cars are much different than both of those cars and both manufacturers share podiums regularly.

I just found the video to be quite impressive on the part of the M4
      11-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #46
Throttleblip
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 ZCP 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKDF80 View Post
lol... I love P cars as much as the next person but damn, you all get so wound up and defensive for the GT3. Yet here we all are... driving M cars.

They may have been friends. They may have agreed to keep position on the track. But that GT3 was pushing! Squealing tires in all the turns and getting walked in the straights. Could it have "won"? Technically yes I suppose but it would have been hard pressed to do so. Have a little pride in what everyone on this forum likes to call the "commuter car" holding it's own here.

I found it quite impressive and you all should stop selling our cars so short. We drive beasts and I'm proud to do so.

On a side note, just saw this tonight as I was running into the grocery store... sho is sweet!

Thanks ... exactly the response I was expecting when I posted this thread.
Appreciate 1
WIKDF80292.50
      11-14-2018, 02:36 AM   #47
melvyn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
lol... I love P cars as much as the next person but damn, you all get so wound up and defensive for the GT3. Yet here we all are... driving M cars.

They may have been friends. They may have agreed to keep position on the track. But that GT3 was pushing! Squealing tires in all the turns and getting walked in the straights. Could it have "won"? Technically yes I suppose but it would have been hard pressed to do so. Have a little pride in what everyone on this forum likes to call the "commuter car" holding it's own here.

I found it quite impressive and you all should stop selling our cars so short. We drive beasts and I'm proud to do so.

On a side note, just saw this tonight as I was running into the grocery store... sho is sweet!

Spot on,
Everyone else must be deaf
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 04:38 AM   #48
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:

This is very true. While an M3/4 will not be as fast as a GT3 when driven at the limit by a pro driver, the fact that amateur track buddies in an M3/4 and GT3 can play and have fun together is quite telling. That you can do that with a practical daily driver is really what got me in my first M3 17 years ago and why I keep coming back.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
WIKDF80292.50
      11-14-2018, 05:02 AM   #49
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNan76 View Post
Hello !

I'am the driver of the M4.

Specs :
M4 CS + 1 passenger
KW Clubsport 3 ways
AP Racing Pro 5000R front and rear
Cup 2
Akrapovic exhaust
2 Recaro seats
1590 kgs with half tank

For the 991 GT3, no passenger just the driver
KW Competition from Manthey Racing
Yellow pagid break pads

We are friends, and agreed to stay in those positions.

Youtube, Facebook, Instagram => maxnan76
Bon jour Max, which company organises the track days at this circuit? we have a Manthey Racing Cayman GT4 Clubsport which we use for track days and rent out to a local race team (the car is at COTA for the 24hr race this weekend if anyone local wants to check it out) and this track looks amazing! If there are any events next year I'd defiantly be up for bringing the cayman down.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #50
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:

This is very true. While an M3/4 will not be as fast as a GT3 when driven at the limit by a pro driver, the fact that amateur track buddies in an M3/4 and GT3 can play and have fun together is quite telling. That you can do that with a practical daily driver is really what got me in my first M3 17 years ago and why I keep coming back.
Agreed.

Some of my best fun on track was in my E30 M3 with 2.5 L motor pounding around Texas World Speedway running equal times with friends that owned a Porsche 951 (944 turbo).

As instructors, we ran nose to tail all session long with the Porsche faster down the front straight and me actually gaining it back in the braking zone entering Turn one.

It's awesome to take a mildly tuned BMW.. with simple power adders and bolt ons like suspension, wheels and tires be able to share the track with cars that are far more expensive.

When you can take that same car to work on Monday as well.. even more M-azing
Appreciate 3
CanAutM321104.50
WIKDF80292.50