R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #23
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
That's awesome and thank you for sharing. Wish I could take advantage of it. My Note 5 has a small crack in the screen. As for the Note itself, I work in engineering in a manufacturing facility, this thing is a life saver. Having the ability to take pictures, draw and write on them onsite and then email them is extremely useful in my profession. The S-Pen has become invaluable to me.
Totally understand as I was using older Note taking orders on the spot from customers when I was visiting them then emailing my handwritten notes to the team in office for processing.

Not doing that anymore so I have no use of the S-Pen, but can totally relate how useful it is which is not something Apple people want to admit (sorry have to mention it here )
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #24
TrAcK TRaP
bOrN To DiE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
I trashed mine within 2 months. Broken and somewhere in the basement.. I rather get galaxy's 1st version
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #25
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

TXSTYLE now that these phones have a couple of months life on them, any updates or thoughts?

Am buying a new phone within the next couple of days and been unable to make up my mind between the S9 and the Pixel 3 … but suddenly thought of the ThinQ which seems like the perfect sweet spot for size. Would love to hear what you think after using the phone for a while.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #26
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
TXSTYLE now that these phones have a couple of months life on them, any updates or thoughts?

Am buying a new phone within the next couple of days and been unable to make up my mind between the S9 and the Pixel 3 … but suddenly thought of the ThinQ which seems like the perfect sweet spot for size. Would love to hear what you think after using the phone for a while.

Hey man. So I have been very pleased with my G7! It's super fast and responsive. The battery life is just bananas good! Playing Clash Royal, watching YouTube, texting, talking all day and still have @ 30-40% battery life at the end of the day. The split screen function is sweet! It is a great size in hand. Not too wide but a little longer screen. Zero complaints!

My wife's S9 is also a very worthy option no question.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #27
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Thanks ... will make the decision in the next day or two but have opted against the S9 as there's just too much integration with Samsung and their ecosystem for my liking. As much as I like my S8+ as a phone, I don't like having Samsung trying to shove all their services down my throat.

There is no carrier-free version of the G7 in Canada although they are sold unlocked by most carriers (Canadian law now requires carriers to unlock phones at customer request so it's just easier to sell them unlocked). Problem is the pricing ... I can buy a US unlocked phone on Amazon for $750 (CAD) but that's got a US warranty or go through a carrier up here and pay $1050 which is a ridiculous premium. Hate the thought of giving Telus $300 for nothing.

But, I did play with the G7 and the P3 yesterday and both were impressive ... really do like how much screen real estate LG's put into that form factor.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

Hey man. So I have been very pleased with my G7! It's super fast and responsive. The battery life is just bananas good! Playing Clash Royal, watching YouTube, texting, talking all day and still have @ 30-40% battery life at the end of the day. The split screen function is sweet! It is a great size in hand. Not too wide but a little longer screen. Zero complaints!

Someone with an iPhone will be along shortly to tell you that you're wrong and that you phones are garbage. Pretend it's just a bear attack; be still, make no sound and they will soon think they've won and move along.
Appreciate 2
BayE301341.00
      10-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #29
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

Man, that clash royale is where your battery takes a hit too! That shit is battery intensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Someone with an iPhone will be along shortly to tell you that you're wrong and that you phones are garbage. Pretend it's just a bear attack; be still, make no sound and they will soon think they've won and move along.
C'mon Judy, don't join the idiot horde trying to stir shit up before anything happens. The special ed track star is already holding that spot down in this thread.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #30
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Man, that clash royale is where your battery takes a hit too! That shit is battery intensive!

It definitely is! I've been playing since the gave was introduced. So damn competetive and fun! I'm in a pretty strong clan. We can PM more about it if you like.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #31
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
It definitely is! I've been playing since the gave was introduced. So damn competetive and fun! I'm in a pretty strong clan. We can PM more about it if you like.
I got frustrated with that game a few years back and stopped playing... right after they released the archer and ice guy. I still play Clash of Clans though... have a bunch of friends and coworkers that play. Being in a competitive adult clan makes it remain fun.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 01:41 AM   #32
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

I always carry two phones with me, one personal and one business. The personal is an iphone and the business an android. Currently Iphone 7 and Samsung S8. Both have their pros and cons. I'll be upgrading my iphone to the XS early next year and will wait for the S10.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #33
beaverHausen
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325d M Sport Coupe

Can I ask, do either of these handsets pair well with a Beemer?
I ask because after scouring the device list and compatible features on the BMW bluetooth page I opted for a Note8.
It gave me everything I needed, hands free, contact list, email, SMS and system messages. That was right up until the Android 8 update.
I suffered 'iffy' calls, dropped calls (very poor quality in general) constant disconnects and after trying all usual tricks (clear cache, clear bluetooth cache etc) i decided to delete the pairing and try add it again. The car will not see the phone and vice versa .
My wife's iPhone 6 pairs as does my HTC One M8s but not the Samsung.
I'm now in a quandary - hang on and hope it's resolved or seek a new handset that will give me all the features I had and relied on.
My car is a 2011 e92 with cic pro nav, enhanced by and all, running TX -003.005.008 so no further update I believe.
Anyone else having problems?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #34
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

My LG pairs lickity split with my 7 which is many years old. Whenever I get a loaner, be it a newer X, 5, 3 or 7, my LGs always pair effortlessly.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 10:29 PM   #35
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Thanks ... will make the decision in the next day or two but have opted against the S9 as there's just too much integration with Samsung and their ecosystem for my liking. As much as I like my S8+ as a phone, I don't like having Samsung trying to shove all their services down my throat.

There is no carrier-free version of the G7 in Canada although they are sold unlocked by most carriers (Canadian law now requires carriers to unlock phones at customer request so it's just easier to sell them unlocked). Problem is the pricing ... I can buy a US unlocked phone on Amazon for $750 (CAD) but that's got a US warranty or go through a carrier up here and pay $1050 which is a ridiculous premium. Hate the thought of giving Telus $300 for nothing.

But, I did play with the G7 and the P3 yesterday and both were impressive ... really do like how much screen real estate LG's put into that form factor.
Canadian law requires all phones to be sold without a SIM lock since December 2017. There are no locked phones for sale here.
Appreciate 0