R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #23
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim635csi View Post
I don't have Enhanced BT/Mobile Office option, so it doesn't work for me. I'm fine with it - thanks for helping out, guys !

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=834848
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1108386
Appreciate 3
      03-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I have posted the steps to follow too many times before. For 4 years already.

The two main steps are:

- set your iPhone BMW Bluetooth connection to enable Show Notifications. This will enable texts to display as soon as they are received after pairing.

99% of the "I cannot get texts/emails to display with my iPhone" complaints are caused by not enabling that setting. The other 1% is from customers that did not pay for the option.

- for emails to display, it is required to kill the email app at your iPhone each and every time after the phone pairs.

Only then emails will display.
Thanks Technic...deleted and reconfigured my settings and quit the email app...am able to consistently get SMS messages now and email from only 1 of 3 accounts on the phone. Way more than I was getting before...

Problem I'm having now is iOS 8.2 still will not play the text tone either on the phone or through the car speakers so have been missing texts while the phone is paired...although now I get the envelope popping up on the iDrvie screen...do you know any way to get SMS text sounds to happen? Spent a bunch of time on Apple forums and can't find answers...have any tips for this?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #25
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Thanks Technic...deleted and reconfigured my settings and quit the email app...am able to consistently get SMS messages now and email from only 1 of 3 accounts on the phone. Way more than I was getting before...

Problem I'm having now is iOS 8.2 still will not play the text tone either on the phone or through the car speakers so have been missing texts while the phone is paired...although now I get the envelope popping up on the iDrvie screen...do you know any way to get SMS text sounds to happen? Spent a bunch of time on Apple forums and can't find answers...have any tips for this?
For iPhone message tones to be heard thru the OEM audio system:

- iPhone cannot be muted
- iDrive source must be USB

Otherwise you will not hear them.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #26
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
Quote:

For iPhone message tones to be heard thru the OEM audio system:

- iPhone cannot be muted
- iDrive source must be USB

Otherwise you will not hear them.
Got it...not muted, wasn't plugged in either...does BMW connected app need to be running or phone just plugged in?

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #27
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Got it...not muted, wasn't plugged in either...does BMW connected app need to be running or phone just plugged in?
The alert sound from the iPhone is transmitted either by USB or Bluetooth Audio to your car. Therefore your iDrive source must be one of those two for you to hear the sound thru the OEM system.

You may need to reset your iPhone. Sometimes there are software glitches with the audio routing in the iPhone in general.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #28
drjoe66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 & 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
Did you get option 6NS, the "enhanced usb"? I've heard it's required for the office functions. I didn't get it and don't have office functions either.
I have the option and an IPhone 6. I can do calendar and read text messages. That's it.
Appreciate 0