Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-03-2023, 04:25 AM   #1
_rxyhan
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Used F82 advice

Hey all,

New to the forum here - I’m looking to purchase a used F82 (in the UK). I’ve found one I really like and wanted any opinions or advice before purchasing. It’s about a 3.5 hour trip each way from where I live so I want to make sure everything is okay before I make the journey, I plan to view the car and drive it back the same day if it’s okay.

It’s a 2017 F82 non-comp pre LCI with 48,000 miles. Some of the optional extras are carbon ceramic brakes, advanced parking pack, active security package etc.

Before I make the journey I’ll be carrying out a HPI check, the garage has completed an RAC inspection and will be sending a copy of the report and the cars service history (hopefully today). The MOT history is perfect apart from one fail for wiper blades. Is there anything else I could check beforehand?

If all is good, I’ll go down to visit the car. Is there anything in particular I should look out for when viewing the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 04:47 AM   #2
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by _rxyhan View Post
Hey all,

New to the forum here - I'm looking to purchase a used F82 (in the UK). I've found one I really like and wanted any opinions or advice before purchasing. It's about a 3.5 hour trip each way from where I live so I want to make sure everything is okay before I make the journey, I plan to view the car and drive it back the same day if it's okay.

It's a 2017 F82 non-comp pre LCI with 48,000 miles. Some of the optional extras are carbon ceramic brakes, advanced parking pack, active security package etc.

Before I make the journey I'll be carrying out a HPI check, the garage has completed an RAC inspection and will be sending a copy of the report and the cars service history (hopefully today). The MOT history is perfect apart from one fail for wiper blades. Is there anything else I could check beforehand?

If all is good, I'll go down to visit the car. Is there anything in particular I should look out for when viewing the car?

I bought my 2018 F82 comp blind, travelling from Dublin to Belfast. 2 hour drive.

The main reason was that it had 10 months of BMW warranty left on it.

Before I paid though I did a car vertical check which was clear and then I send a £250 PayPal deposit and the balance once I had drive it.

I drove it from cold as a way of checking how the gearbox is but that was only based upon my terrible experience with VAG DSG mechatronic units as the F82 DCT appears very reliable.

I would ask for a close up photo of each wheel and at least a dozen photos of the body work
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2023, 07:41 AM   #3
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

use v check always for hpi/damage etc.best one and only £10.any car that has had an insurance claim are on it,and all pics etc.
Appreciate 1