BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-03-2022, 10:33 PM   #1
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Ford Raptor

Coming from GTR… (edit) GRABBED an F82 M4

What’s up guys. So I sold my 2017 GTR a couple months ago. Got $114k for it. Had it for 2.5 yrs, just 7K miles on it, made 620whp/600tq. Very clean car. Put all the money in a long term stock portfolio. But I’ve realized I can’t function as a human without a nice/fun sports car to play with. I have a gen 2 Raptor which is a great truck but mostly stays in Cali. This would be my AZ car. Currently driving a Chevy Volt so, needing an upgrade.

I realize the M4 is going to be a bit of a downgrade (NOT) in the performance dept but maybe a slight upgrade in interior. And plus just wanting something fun and different with a nice mix of luxury and performance. This seems to fit the bill pretty well. Ive always liked how these cars looked I just thought they were slow. I’ve had Evo’s, Supras (640whp, 860whp), GTRs, c7 Z06, and do not like the 2021 M4’s, just can’t get into them. Looks like a BRZ and a Mustang birthed a Balooga whale. Interior is nice and performance nice as well but ya. F82 might be the perfect fit for a fun wknd car that I can enjoy.

So I’m narrowing it down to 2018-2020 F82 M4, DCT, Comp package, executive package, M performance package, essentially as loaded as possible. Yas, Mineral grey, or potentially even black or white if I can’t find the preferred colors. The limerock grey CS is pretty dope as well. I also saw a deep red color that was amazing but seems that was like a PTS/custom color.

I’m noticing there’s a ton of cars for sale with 30-40k miles +. I’d like one under 20k miles, preferably under 10k miles. So that points me more towards the 2020. Also seems a lot of people track these and mod them so I’m looking for stock or very close to stock performance wise and extremely clean. No dents to scrapes no stories, just a well kept low mileage car that’s been babied, even PPF’d. I’m not in a hurry so will wait for the right car.

I’m also noticing that there are a lot of accidents on these. I’d estimate at least 30-50% of the cars I look at have an accident reported.

Also since I’m just getting familiar with this car, I’m working on feeling out what’s a good price etc etc. I’m assuming they’re still a bit inflated like everything else.

Anyways, any tips or any leads feel free to hit me up. Any former GTR owners chime in! Appreciate it

…………………………………………………………………

UPDATE:

Aright! Thanks for all the help to the guys that have been answering every single question I had regarding value and mods and tuning. I went ahead and found the car, it was fairly local to me, and so I towed it back to Tucson, Arizona where she will be living now.

Stoked on the car. Was posted on here for sale. Two buyers backed out for whatever reason, tire kickers and/or one couldn’t get the loan. Here are the details:
- 2015 YMB M4, DCT, 35,750 miles, 2 owner (current owner got it bone stock at 9k miles and owned it for around 6 years, always garaged, never tracked, no accidents

Mods:

Engine:
-Max PSI crank hub
-Pure High Flow Hybrid Turbos (installed 2021)
-Turner Carbon Fiber intake
-Eventuri charge Pipes
-CSF Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
-BMS catch can
-BMS J-Pipe
-FI Flex Downpipes
-Snow Performance stage 2.5 Water Meth Injection (Probably removing)
-Bootmod3 (OTS Dtage 2 Hybrid Turbos Map)
-Golden Wrench Cap Covers

Exhaust:
-VRSF single Mid-pipe
-Eisenmann Exhaust with carbon tips

Suspension :
-KW HAS Springs
-BMW EDC shocks

Wheels:
-AAP 3pc forged 20x11 R 20X9.5 F (super light, made in the same factory as HRE so essentially an HRE without the brand recognition and price tag)
-Michelin PS 4s

Cosmetic:
-Street fighter LA carbon front lip (slight damage in front)
-Bay Optiks Custom Headlights
-Aluminum GTS Style hood (PPF’ed. need slight adjustment)
-M-Performance Side Skirts
-RW Carbon side mirror caps
-RW Carbon CS style wing
-Vorsteiner rear diffuser
-Vland GTS replica tail lights
-Ceramic coated paint
-PPF on front bumper and hood

Interior:
- M-Performance shifter/boot, Carbon shifter bezel, carbon shifter, Steering wheel
- RW Carbon seat backs full set, few other things

All in all the car is super clean inside and out. It does NOT have the Executive package so no parking sensors or rear camera (may add backup camera). No keyless entry (aghhhhh), missing a few luxury features. But oh well it’s a drivers car right. It’s also just a wknd fun car for me. Usually daily the Raptor.

Some pics!

Last edited by Chi_weezy; 01-08-2023 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
NickyC17479.50
      12-04-2022, 12:39 AM   #2
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_weezy View Post
do not like the 2021 M4’s, just can’t get into them. Looks like a BRZ and a Mustang birthed a Balooga whale.
Oh you'll fit in just fine here.

If you're looking for car to satisfy the grunt force of Godzilla or some of the other cars you've mentioned, the F82 isn't for you. Sure you can make the car pretty damned quick with some minor bolt ons and a tune, but to get in the air you're speaking of the car will take some pretty heavy massaging.

What I can tell you is I've owned four F8x cars for over five years now, and they are without a doubt my most favorite cars I've ever owned. They don't do anything the best, they just do everything very, very well. They are comfortable, relatively quick, lots of cargo capacity, so awesome for long road trips, have amazingly comfortable seats, are incredibly reliable, and I don't think it's a stretch to say they're some of the most beautiful cars on the road today. All these cars need in the looks department are a nice drop, wheels and/or spacers for the stockers, and a nice diffuser to complete the rear end and heads are snapping for days. Even when I take my car to Miami (I live in STL most of the time), the folks down there love the car and that's one of the exotic capitals of the world. To be able to get some notice and have people show love for the car down there speaks wonders to the platform.

Knowing what I know now about the car, I'd advise you look into an M4 CS model. It's hard to quantify because the differences on paper between the CS and the other models isn't large, but having owned nearly every version of the platform I can tell you the car just feels special. The extra parts you get like the GTS hood, door cards, GTS seats, and especially the OLED tails with the CS is worth the extra price of admission I think. I also vastly prefer the interior with all the alcantara as opposed to the carbon (which is nice too of course). I love the interior of the F8x, and felt right back at home after my short lived G8x experiment. Make sure you also understand the slight differences between the cars that make them more desirable (to some people) such as the FOUR variations of headlights which are possible. There are also different packages, full leather which I think is a must now after having it, and M performance parts like the titanium exhaust. You'd want to find as many of these parts as you could in the car you eventually purchase because often times the varieties are priced similarly in the used car market. If you don't know these things when you purchase the car, there can be some buyers remorse and some prohibitive costs to get the parts you could have had in the first place.

You seem to be pretty enamored with speed and horsepower numbers however, and while the F82 M4 is a strong car, you're not going to be blowing people's doors off like you would with those other cars. As long as you can get past that, I think you'll absolutely love the car because I know I sure as hell do. If you do buy one, be sure to post up here to show us!

Last edited by NickyC; 12-04-2022 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 5
spidy512491.50
M5D302.50
Thelof57.00
      12-04-2022, 01:08 AM   #3
Viegasjuuice
Rep
Drives: 2006 Evo IX / 2020 M4 Comp

I just purchased, 2 days ago, a very low mileage, 2020 M4 competition Heritage edition in velvet blue. I was on a waitlist for a 23 M3 competition fully loaded. I realized I was trying to convince myself into liking the styling and I just hated the huge screen. I took my deposit back and got into an F82, which I’ve always been a fan of. So far, I really like the car. I won’t do much more than simple bolt ons(we’ll see). I have a fully built evo IX that does all the things the M4 doesn’t do and vice versa. I think you will be happy with the M4, but will need another car as well to fill the void.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 07:17 AM   #4
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Oh you'll fit in just fine here.

If you're looking for car to satisfy the grunt force of Godzilla or some of the other cars you've mentioned, the F82 isn't for you. Sure you can make the car pretty damned quick with some minor bolt ons and a tune, but to get in the air you're speaking of the car will take some pretty heavy massaging.

What I can tell you is I've owned four F8x cars for over five years now, and they are without a doubt my most favorite cars I've ever owned. They don't do anything the best, they just do everything very, very well. They are comfortable, relatively quick, lots of cargo capacity, so awesome for long road trips, have amazingly comfortable seats, are incredibly reliable, and I don't think it's a stretch to say they're some of the most beautiful cars on the road today. All these cars need in the looks department are a nice drop, wheels and/or spacers for the stockers, and a nice diffuser to complete the rear end and heads are snapping for days. Even when I take my car to Miami (I live in STL most of the time), the folks down there love the car and that's one of the exotic capitals of the world. To be able to get some notice and have people show love for the car down there speaks wonders to the platform.

Knowing what I know now about the car, I'd advise you look into an M4 CS model. It's hard to quantify because the differences on paper between the CS and the other models isn't large, but having owned nearly every version of the platform I can tell you the car just feels special. The extra parts you get like the GTS hood, door cards, GTS seats, and especially the OLED tails with the CS is worth the extra price of admission I think. I also vastly prefer the interior with all the alcantara as opposed to the carbon (which is nice too of course). I love the interior of the F8x, and felt right back at home after my short lived G8x experiment. Make sure you also understand the slight differences between the cars that make them more desirable (to some people) such as the FOUR variations of headlights which are possible. There are also different packages, full leather which I think is a must now after having it, and M performance parts like the titanium exhaust. You'd want to find as many of these parts as you could in the car you eventually purchase because often times the varieties are priced similarly in the used car market. If you don't know these things when you purchase the car, there can be some buyers remorse and some prohibitive costs to get the parts you could have had in the first place.

You seem to be pretty enamored with speed and horsepower numbers however, and while the F82 M4 is a strong car, you're not going to be blowing people's doors off like you would with those other cars. As long as you can get past that, I think you'll absolutely love the car because I know I sure as hell do. If you do buy one, be sure to post up here to show us!
Appreciate the response and info! Yes I’m becoming more knowledgeable on the Icon headlights, desirable options and such. And full leather I agree. Anything that make the interior as high end as possible. Good call with the CS. I will look more into these. I was curious, why so many cars with 30-40k miles? Very few under this range. I was hoping it would be easier to find a selection of lower mileage cars. I agree with you the styling is very very good especially with some aero, headlights, wheels/tires and slight drop. Although I think that applies to about any car lol
Appreciate 2
NickyC17479.50
      12-04-2022, 07:21 AM   #5
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegasjuuice View Post
I just purchased, 2 days ago, a very low mileage, 2020 M4 competition Heritage edition in velvet blue. I was on a waitlist for a 23 M3 competition fully loaded. I realized I was trying to convince myself into liking the styling and I just hated the huge screen. I took my deposit back and got into an F82, which I’ve always been a fan of. So far, I really like the car. I won’t do much more than simple bolt ons(we’ll see). I have a fully built evo IX that does all the things the M4 doesn’t do and vice versa. I think you will be happy with the M4, but will need another car as well to fill the void.
You mind sharing some pics and details about the car? Price paid? Could pM me as well. I did the same thing I was looking at the cars in the 70’s and was like well here’s a bunch of 2021’s in the 80’s and tried to like them. Some angles they’re aggressive looking, interior seems like a big improvement especially when you get some colors mixed in there and I saw those carbon seats wow. Was wondering if those could be fitted into the F82.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #6
Viegasjuuice
Rep

[/QUOTE] Chi_weezy;29607784]You mind sharing some pics and details about the car? Price paid? Could pM me as well. I did the same thing I was looking at the cars in the 70’s and was like well here’s a bunch of 2021’s in the 80’s and tried to like them. Some angles they’re aggressive looking, interior seems like a big improvement especially when you get some colors mixed in there and I saw those carbon seats wow. Was wondering if those could be fitted into the F82.[/QUOTE]

Yeah bro, to be honest, I’m a big JDM fan and as you know they prioritize performance over creature comforts so it doesn’t take much to make me happy “luxury” wise. What I will say about BMW is that although the interiors are less stated than say Mercedes, I like that BMW puts a lot into the performance aspect of the cars. The 2020 I purchased only had 13,000 miles and was a one owner car. The car is mint inside and out. I paid 70~k. The way I had my M3 built, it was going to cost me about 110k and that’s not including the new price jump that’s coming. Who knows when I would’ve got the car. The exterior grew on me but that huge one piece screen was not lol. I always preferred the F80/F82 styling and that they are much lighter. I think the only reason we don’t see S55’s into the crazy territory power wise, I’m talking 1500+whp is just because there’s not as much development as the JDM/Muscle cars. I’m sure the engines are just as capable. Making 1000whp isn’t all that hard to do. If you’re looking for a super clean, super low mileage M4CS and are willing to travel(not sure where you are located) there is one local to me. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=625099934&listingTy pes=USED&startYear=2020&makeCode1=BMW&modelCode1=B MWM4&sem=1&store=570867&LNX=SPGOOGLENONBRANDVLA&ut m_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=sem_listings-vla_perf&utm_campaign=at_na_na_national_evergreen_ roi_na_na&utm_content=feed_na_na_na_na_spgooglenon brandvla_na&utm_term=PRODUCT_GROUP&ds_rl=1289225&d s_rl=1294008&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwYCvy5Xg-wIVA7jICh0mKwjtEAQYASABEgJFN_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here’s some pics of the car I purchased:
https://ibb.co/drmKMw5
https://ibb.co/WBX1qGM
https://ibb.co/gWmTszM
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 09:36 AM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
I was curious, why so many cars with 30-40k miles?
Well these cars are driven, I'd dare say many of us daily them (I know I sure do). I think it also shows how much people love to drive them, to me every trip to the store is an event and I'm always looking for excuses to take a drive.
Appreciate 3
      12-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #8
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Chi_weezy;29607784]You mind sharing some pics and details about the car? Price paid? Could pM me as well. I did the same thing I was looking at the cars in the 70’s and was like well here’s a bunch of 2021’s in the 80’s and tried to like them. Some angles they’re aggressive looking, interior seems like a big improvement especially when you get some colors mixed in there and I saw those carbon seats wow. Was wondering if those could be fitted into the F82.[/QUOTE]

Yeah bro, to be honest, I’m a big JDM fan and as you know they prioritize performance over creature comforts so it doesn’t take much to make me happy “luxury” wise. What I will say about BMW is that although the interiors are less stated than say Mercedes, I like that BMW puts a lot into the performance aspect of the cars. The 2020 I purchased only had 13,000 miles and was a one owner car. The car is mint inside and out. I paid 70~k. The way I had my M3 built, it was going to cost me about 110k and that’s not including the new price jump that’s coming. Who knows when I would’ve got the car. The exterior grew on me but that huge one piece screen was not lol. I always preferred the F80/F82 styling and that they are much lighter. I think the only reason we don’t see S55’s into the crazy territory power wise, I’m talking 1500+whp is just because there’s not as much development as the JDM/Muscle cars. I’m sure the engines are just as capable. Making 1000whp isn’t all that hard to do. If you’re looking for a super clean, super low mileage M4CS and are willing to travel(not sure where you are located) there is one local to me. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://ibb.co/gWmTszM[/QUOTE]

Niice. Glad you found what you were looking for. Would you advise against a car with 29-30k miles? I put about 4k miles a year on my cars. I’m in az but live in CA also. I did find a black 2018 with every option besides CCB’s. 29k miles. Black. Local to me. $52k. Seems very clean. Ceramic coated, fully optioned, local, will need to get eyes on it. Supposedly never tracked or abused. Has an accident reported it was hit in the rear. Don’t love that but not a complete deal breaker for me. I saw that CS when I was searching. It’s a bit far and at 80k not sure I could justify it. Plus if I buy private party I don’t pay sales tax in AZ. And local I don’t have shipping. So those factors save like $6k all together

And ya I’ve considered I may want more power (500whp or so) so have been looking into where the weak points are (like the crank hub) and looking at reliability there.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 10:11 AM   #9
Viegasjuuice
Rep

Quote:
Chi_weezy;29607784]You mind sharing some pics and details about the car? Price paid? Could pM me as well. I did the same thing I was looking at the cars in the 70’s and was like well here’s a bunch of 2021’s in the 80’s and tried to like them. Some angles they’re aggressive looking, interior seems like a big improvement especially when you get some colors mixed in there and I saw those carbon seats wow. Was wondering if those could be fitted into the F82.
Yeah bro, to be honest, I’m a big JDM fan and as you know they prioritize performance over creature comforts so it doesn’t take much to make me happy “luxury” wise. What I will say about BMW is that although the interiors are less stated than say Mercedes, I like that BMW puts a lot into the performance aspect of the cars. The 2020 I purchased only had 13,000 miles and was a one owner car. The car is mint inside and out. I paid 70~k. The way I had my M3 built, it was going to cost me about 110k and that’s not including the new price jump that’s coming. Who knows when I would’ve got the car. The exterior grew on me but that huge one piece screen was not lol. I always preferred the F80/F82 styling and that they are much lighter. I think the only reason we don’t see S55’s into the crazy territory power wise, I’m talking 1500+whp is just because there’s not as much development as the JDM/Muscle cars. I’m sure the engines are just as capable. Making 1000whp isn’t all that hard to do. If you’re looking for a super clean, super low mileage M4CS and are willing to travel(not sure where you are located) there is one local to me. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://ibb.co/gWmTszM[/QUOTE]

Niice. Glad you found what you were looking for. Would you advise against a car with 29-30k miles? I put about 4k miles a year on my cars. I’m in az but live in CA also. I did find a black 2018 with every option besides CCB’s. 29k miles. Black. Local to me. $52k. Seems very clean. Ceramic coated, fully optioned, local, will need to get eyes on it. Supposedly never tracked or abused. Has an accident reported it was hit in the rear. Don’t love that but not a complete deal breaker for me. I saw that CS when I was searching. It’s a bit far and at 80k not sure I could justify it. Plus if I buy private party I don’t pay sales tax in AZ. And local I don’t have shipping. So those factors save like $6k all together

And ya I’ve considered I may want more power (500whp or so) so have been looking into where the weak points are (like the crank hub) and looking at reliability there.[/QUOTE]

The S55 is a strong engine. I will do a billet crank hub swap, and get the car making about ~700WHP and I’ll be happy. 29K miles is low, I would certainly check it out. They drive really well, man and are a nice place to be in. I think the car does everything well. The DCT is a dream.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 10:55 AM   #10
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

i've had both. you kind of already nailed it. the GTR has the performance, the M4 is more well rounded and nicer interior.

My GTR was similar to yours, 2010 FBO E85 ~ 600whp. While the M4 can make good power, there is no point going past simple bolt ons. it just can't match the awd traction and gigantic tires you can fit on the GTR. I had a 285 front at 335 rear on mine. There were very few times where i couldn't hook up with all 600whp.

I think the M4 is more involving though. better turn in, more agile. the GTR is heavy and you feel that weight in the tight sections of road. you sort of just feel like your 'along for the ride' in the GTR. You put your foot down and let electronics sort out the traction and where to send the power to get you out the corner.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 4
      12-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #11
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
i've had both. you kind of already nailed it. the GTR has the performance, the M4 is more well rounded and nicer interior.

My GTR was similar to yours, 2010 FBO E85 ~ 600whp. While the M4 can make good power, there is no point going past simple bolt ons. it just can't match the awd traction and gigantic tires you can fit on the GTR. I had a 285 front at 335 rear on mine. There were very few times where i couldn't hook up with all 600whp.

I think the M4 is more involving though. better turn in, more agile. the GTR is heavy and you feel that weight in the tight sections of road. you sort of just feel like your 'along for the ride' in the GTR. You put your foot down and let electronics sort out the traction and where to send the power to get you out the corner.
Oh nice. Ya the 17+ GTR got the updated interior so I was thinking the M could be a slight upgrade. Def a major upgrade from the CBA cars. Also was thinking like you said, the M would be a lighter, more involving car to have some fun with. I’m still researching, but just with exhaust and tune what whp are we talking about? Reliability solid assuming it’s a solid tune/tuner? I don’t beat up my cars. Just some canyon runs now and then. Almost never track them. How much is it to upgrade the crank hub and is that necessary at “stage 1”? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 11:16 AM   #12
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Some pics for reference. Interior wise

Appreciate 1
NickyC17479.50
      12-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #13
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Here’s the black car I was talking about. Cons: it’s black, just like my GTR, higher miles 29k, has an accident (hit in rear). Pros: Loaded, seems pretty damn clean, local, price seems reasonable

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...563096176.html
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 11:28 AM   #14
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Oh I was also thinking that the DCT maybe a better trans than the GTRs. I remember driving my buddies brand new M3 (previous gen to the F82, v8) years ago and I recall it being so snappy. Like chirping tire on upshifts. Not sure if that was partly due to instant torque of the V8 or what. But never been impressed with the GTRs dual clutch. It’s quick but nothing amazing
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 11:36 AM   #15
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Oh nice. Ya the 17+ GTR got the updated interior so I was thinking the M could be a slight upgrade. Def a major upgrade from the CBA cars. Also was thinking like you said, the M would be a lighter, more involving car to have some fun with. I’m still researching, but just with exhaust and tune what whp are we talking about? Reliability solid assuming it’s a solid tune/tuner? I don’t beat up my cars. Just some canyon runs now and then. Almost never track them. How much is it to upgrade the crank hub and is that necessary at “stage 1”? Thanks in advance
i ran stage 1 (tune only) without a CH upgrade. i think most people would recommend doing it at stage 2 (dp + tune). 2017+ is definitely an interior upgrade over the 2010. But the M3 gives you stuff like a HUD, more rear seat room, you sit lower down as a driver, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, extended leather on the dash in the color you want, rear trunk opens by sweeping your foot under the exhaust (great if your hands are full)... if that stuff matters to you. for a weekend car probably not

stage 2 FBO e85 will get you around 560-580whp. (tune and downpipe are the only mods you need, the factory injectors/pumps can flow enough for e85, oem intake and rear section of exhaust are fine too, you really just need new downpipes as thats the big restriction).

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 11:47 AM   #16
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
i ran stage 1 (tune only) without a CH upgrade. i think most people would recommend doing it at stage 2 (dp + tune). 2017+ is definitely an interior upgrade over the 2010. But the M3 gives you stuff like a HUD, more rear seat room, you sit lower down as a driver, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, extended leather on the dash in the color you want, rear trunk opens by sweeping your foot under the exhaust (great if your hands are full)... if that stuff matters to you. for a weekend car probably not

stage 2 FBO e85 will get you around 560-580whp. (tune and downpipe are the only mods you need, the factory injectors/pumps can flow enough for e85, oem intake and rear section of exhaust are fine too, you really just need new downpipes as thats the big restriction).

Ah nice thanks for the vid. Seems ya it can keep up pretty well with those mods. And so you’re saying just full exhaust and a tune + CH will get you to a reliable 550whp? Aftermarket intakes as well I’m assuming? Any intercooler or cooling bits needed?

Also, sorry for all the Q’s but is the CH upgrade a major process? Cost? And I’m assuming you can do the downpipes and exhaust in your own garage if you wanted to? So, standard pita
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 12:17 PM   #17
Viegasjuuice
Rep

A setup like this would be nice for a fun street car.
https://youtube.com/shorts/MkOUe-gxZ4k?feature=share

(Conservative tune vs a heavy weight stripped 5.0)

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 03:22 PM   #18
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ah nice thanks for the vid. Seems ya it can keep up pretty well with those mods. And so you’re saying just full exhaust and a tune + CH will get you to a reliable 550whp? Aftermarket intakes as well I’m assuming? Any intercooler or cooling bits needed?

Also, sorry for all the Q’s but is the CH upgrade a major process? Cost? And I’m assuming you can do the downpipes and exhaust in your own garage if you wanted to? So, standard pita
Not sure about the CH. It's a can of worms in terms of different things you can do to prevent it. Alot of what I've read confuses me when it comes to keyed CH and CH bolt capture. The bolt capture is the cheapest I think.

You can search these forums on Google to find some threads.

Oem cooling system is good. But if you're going to be pushing the the car a bit it's a good idea to upgrade the heat exchanger. Csf heat exchanger is a good one.

You can make 550 with just downpipe midpipe and tune and e85. Stock rear section of the exhaust and intake flow plenty. Only reason people do those is for sound.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #19
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not sure about the CH. It's a can of worms in terms of different things you can do to prevent it. Alot of what I've read confuses me when it comes to keyed CH and CH bolt capture. The bolt capture is the cheapest I think.

You can search these forums on Google to find some threads.

Oem cooling system is good. But if you're going to be pushing the the car a bit it's a good idea to upgrade the heat exchanger. Csf heat exchanger is a good one.

You can make 550 with just downpipe midpipe and tune and e85. Stock rear section of the exhaust and intake flow plenty. Only reason people do those is for sound.
Awesome. Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 09:32 PM   #20
Kstoff125
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

I will agree, going from a GTR to a stock F8X, it will feel very slow. I bought a 2020 m4, to go along with a 911 GT2 and 599 in the garage. Had a 2013 c6 z06 and 2016 e63 in the past as well, the m4 was noticeably slower.

Put catless DPs, stage 2 tune, BMC filters and a CBC…probably 525 maybe 550 at the wheels. It feels fast, was exactly what the car needed. Relatively inexpensive, all in (I had a shop do the work) it was <$5k.

Absolutely love the m4. You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 04:54 AM   #21
m4pat
Rep
Drives: M4

I went from a FBO GTR to a brand new LCI F82 M4 and it felt like a better all around car. More interior space, better interior, less mechanical bellhousing noise, more nimble and overall more fun since its RWD. Just FBO the M4 and you'll have a lot of fun.. although the M4 will want to go sideways whereas the GTR just powers through turns.. so be aware of that.

I now have a Gen 2 R8 V10+ and love it.
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2022, 08:29 AM   #22
Chi_weezy
Private First Class
Rep

Awesome thanks guys looks like I’ll definitely be needing a tune once I find the right car.
Appreciate 0