Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-15-2022, 10:34 PM   #17557
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
New vehicle for my fleet. 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins. I plan to put it on Turo so it pays for itself, then use it for towing when I need to (taking my Grady White to Lake Tahoe and taking my Shelby to distant tracks).
Looks nice. X5 no longer the go to towing machine?
      05-15-2022, 10:36 PM   #17558
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Usually they also have an open bar afterwards (they cut off your driving wristband once you start drinking, for the obvious reason).

How funny /assholish would it be if I went straight for the bar without driving anything and just let them cut off my wristband and put a drink in my hand
Sadly not one of the larger events with amenities like that. This was just a simple test drive event, not the Ultimate Driving Experience events, but even still, I've never had this unsatisfactory of an experience with BMW events typically, the route was a joke, the letter they sent out definitely made it seem like it was a more exclusive and longer event than what it actually was.
      05-15-2022, 11:44 PM   #17559
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Looks nice. X5 no longer the go to towing machine?
I used my E70 X5 for towing a smaller boat I owned in the past, but my G05 X5 has never been a tow vehicle. First off, it was a real pain in the ass to get the BMW trailer control module to retrofit a hitch with active wiring to my vehicle. Second, my current boat is way too heavy for it. I could tow my Shelby with it, but I figured I might as well get something that can do the jobs I need to do. If the truck can't support itself via Getaround/Turo rentals after 3-6 months I'll probably resell it at a profit.
Archived: 2019 BMW X5 50i M Sport Mineral White/Full Black,2019 Ford GT350 Ford Performance Blue/Dark Slate, 2012 BMW X5 50i Alpine White/Black, 2014 BMW 320i M Sport Melbourne Red/Black, 2009 BMW DINAN3 Alpine White/Black, 2008 BMW 335xi Alpine White/Black, 1998 BMW 328is Avus Blue/Tan
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      05-16-2022, 12:23 AM   #17560
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I haven't gone to any of the BMW events since COVID.

They have moved from the racetrack all the way to Long Beach so I don't bother anymore. Too far :P
There was an event today sponsored by NCBMW. We drove the M240, M340 and M440. It was at the Port of San Pedro. It was foggy but I really like being next to the Ocean. I forgot to take pictures of the cars lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
jmg18680.50
      05-16-2022, 03:10 AM   #17561
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcp View Post
Quote:

They have moved from the racetrack all the way to Long Beach so I don't bother anymore. Too far :P
There was an event today sponsored by NCBMW. We drove the M240, M340 and M440. It was at the Port of San Pedro. It was foggy but I really like being next to the Ocean. I forgot to take pictures of the cars lol
I know where it is actually. San Pedro area is where I used to have to travel a lot.

The area is close to where the Queen Mary is parked at. USS Iowa is also close by.
mzcp2679.50
      05-16-2022, 08:27 AM   #17562
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Just an update

Had car at BMW and they're looking at damages and whatnot now. Apparently the car braking just before impact made the nose go down so the car went under the crash bars and whatnot and only cosmetically damaged the rear but the back part of exhaust is broken where the tips are sticking out.
Seems to be not other damage or movement of the exhaust or anything other than that.

So they said I should consider it lucky when it first was to happen because they see no other damage to the car in any way and the frame and everything is fine, so that's good at least.

They still expect it to be somewhat expensive.

Feeling a bit better personally but still some neck pain and headache and girl got lower back pain but hopefully it'll pass, or so we're told.

Getting well and having my car back will be great and hopefully ready for the summer if all goes according to plans.

Thanks for all your support guys
Appreciate 8
RugbyBro7601.50
NickyC17469.00
Mavus2027.50
swagon13518.00
mzcp2679.50
minn1914021.00
GERMAN M34181.00
jmg18680.50
      05-16-2022, 12:15 PM   #17563
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnniqe View Post
Just an update

Had car at BMW and they're looking at damages and whatnot now. Apparently the car braking just before impact made the nose go down so the car went under the crash bars and whatnot and only cosmetically damaged the rear but the back part of exhaust is broken where the tips are sticking out.
Seems to be not other damage or movement of the exhaust or anything other than that.

So they said I should consider it lucky when it first was to happen because they see no other damage to the car in any way and the frame and everything is fine, so that's good at least.

Feeling a bit better personally but still some neck pain and headache and girl got lower back pain but hopefully it'll pass, or so we're told.

Getting well and having my car back will be great and hopefully ready for the summer if all goes according to plans.

Good to hear it's already at BMW and that you're okay-ish.

At what speed did the idiot drive into you?

The rear crash bar seems sturdy on BMWs; mine on the E91 did a number on the Passat that rear-ended me, whilst I just had a slightly cracked bumper. But I also received a new rear section of the exhaust, and with PDC, bumper cover, paint and labour, the damage was north of three grand, so yours might be even higher with the ///M tax.
      05-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #17564
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Just an update

Good to hear it's already at BMW and that you're okay-ish.

At which speed did the idiot drive into you?

The rear crash bar seems sturdy on BMWs; mine on the E91 did a number on the Passat that rear-ended me, whilst I just had a slightly cracked bumper. But I also received a new rear section of the exhaust, and with PDC, bumper cover, paint and labour, the damage was north of three grand, so yours might be even higher with the ///M tax.
I'm unsure about the speed at the impact and it's not super important I was told, I guesstimate somewhere around 30-40km/h. The other driver have no clue.

They said it's at least 5 numbers on there but I don't know the exact amount, what I've been told is to not worry about any expense cause it's all going to be covered 100% including coatings and whatnot and extended warranties and such.

All in all my insurance is green lighting everything and BMW is currently making a part list and calculating expenses but I'll probably know the exact amount at end of the week and when they start the work they'll do a more thorough investigation and hopefully nothing else will show up.

They've been very clear that there is no indication anything else been damaged outside the exhaust and cosmetics.

By the way swagon , how's your stuff holding up?
Appreciate 3
minn1914021.00
stein_325i25083.00
GERMAN M34181.00
      05-16-2022, 02:23 PM   #17565
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Working to get colored tiles on the PCM. A RennLister's car was recently delivered with the newest PCM software and it looks great. My car - as with most recently built 992's - were delivered with the old 3/2021 software while this particular RennLister's car was delivered with 11/2021 software. They were delivered a month apart.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 02:25 PM   #17566
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
I'm unsure about the speed at the impact and it's not super important I was told, I guesstimate somewhere around 30-40km/h. The other driver have no clue.

They said it's at least 5 numbers on there but I don't know the exact amount, what I've been told is to not worry about any expense cause it's all going to be covered 100% including coatings and whatnot and extended warranties and such.

All in all my insurance is green lighting everything and BMW is currently making a part list and calculating expenses but I'll probably know the exact amount at end of the week and when they start the work they'll do a more thorough investigation and hopefully nothing else will show up.

They've been very clear that there is no indication anything else been damaged outside the exhaust and cosmetics.

Well, Norway seems to have its shit together even when it comes to insurance. Filed online insurance claims for both cars and requested authorised dealerships for repairs... and now we wait God knows how long. I'll be lucky if my shit gets done mid-July.

I reckon they won't agree for the 135i to go through insurance at all due to the cause of the accident and also reckon my local BMW dealer won't take the Alpina in because they're not even authorised & trained to touch them (long and confusing story actually as to who can service this car). Bumper, quarter panel and paint are BMW parts, but the alloy wheel and tyre also got damaged and those are specific to Alpina.

Was feeling sorry for the cars so gave them a good wash and later realised I should feel sorry for myself as well so got me a key fob cover LOL. Mf took me an hour to assemble though

clutchdj1875.50
      05-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #17567
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well, Norway seems to have its shit together even when it comes to insurance. Filed online insurance claims for both cars and requested authorised dealerships for repairs... and now we wait God knows how long. I'll be lucky if my shit gets done mid-July.

I reckon they won't agree for the 135i to go through insurance at all due to the cause of the accident and also reckon my local BMW dealer won't take the Alpina in because they're not even authorised & trained to touch them (long and confusing story actually as to who can service this car). Bumper, quarter panel and paint are BMW parts, but the alloy wheel and tyre also got damaged and those are specific to Alpina.

Was feeling sorry for the cars so gave them a good wash and later realised I should feel sorry for myself as well so got me a key fob cover LOL. Mf took me an hour to assemble though

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/ezgif.com-gif-maker-2n3kw7.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/674421781.983305publiaakgp.jpg[/IMG]
Well yeah, first time doing it and it took a whole hour from filing it online to them setting everything up and claiming in my favor and green lighting everything, so my experience with this company so far have been amazing and it seems like it'll go without any headache

Crazy how much of a hoop it is for an Alpina, I'd assume they'd be quick about it where you live

Lucky for me there is a authorized BMW M shop nearby, helps with all this logistical nightmare

A wash is always good, and nice key fob too!

I must admit I really want an alpina like yours for family duty, it's one hell of a car but they're incredibly hard to get a hold of here by the looks and taxed like M
Damn sexy autobahn rockets tho
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34181.00
swagon13518.00
      05-16-2022, 03:10 PM   #17568
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Working to get colored tiles on the PCM. A RennLister's car was recently delivered with the newest PCM software and it looks great. My car - as with most recently built 992's - were delivered with the old 3/2021 software while this particular RennLister's car was delivered with 11/2021 software. They were delivered a month apart.
Does Porsche do OTA for these things?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 04:02 PM   #17569
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Hate to hear that swagon ! Nowadays, people just don't give a crap anymore. Any cameras around that may have spotted the ahole?
No cameras around and I don't have dashcams, let alone one facing the rear... All I know is, from one witness, that it was a truck reversing into my car.

Installed a new OEM taillight just so I can use the car before the insurance gets around doing something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
There is a special place in hell for these people. I was at a gas station in my M3 CS and some lady backs out at 100mph without even looking. Luckily she stopped 1mm from my bumper, probably just by chance. I raised my hands up and yelled at her and she gave me the "I'm a stupid person" shrug and drove off.
Yup, and you know what they said in Pulp Fiction - don't fuck with another man's car, it's just against the rules.

The ironic part is, the lady didn't give a fuck about her car; therefore, she's got the same attitude towards other people's cars, but I'm sure she'd be very angry if you damaged something she cares about.

Quote:
Well, on the bright side it wasn't the alpina.
HA, funny you say that, mate... You wanna why?!?!?! A dumb idiot fucking reversed into the Alpina just a couple hours ago!!!!!

At least I know who and why, cos I was letting a car in the opposite direction go past on this narrower street and I happened to just stop in front of his driveway for, like, three seconds, he didn't check his mirrors properly and backed right into me. Of course it's the rear quarter AGAIN.
NO!!! Pdr can probably repair that 98-99%
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 04:09 PM   #17570
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Does Porsche do OTA for these things?
The PCM does but I believe you have to activate it some times.

Edit: This is where it would be at. You would at least need to make sure it is active on My Porsche.
Attached Images

Tecnniqe4197.00
      05-16-2022, 06:07 PM   #17571
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

According to cars.com the GTS 4.0 at Riverside is now listed at MSRP with a 20k price reduction. Guess they gave up on ADM?
Appreciate 1
jmg18680.50
      05-16-2022, 08:26 PM   #17572
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

This is just becoming embarrassing…

Behold, the first standalone M product in literal decades. No not a track ready sports car, a plug-in hybrid monstrosity SUV
Attached Images

GERMAN M34181.00
Tecnniqe4197.00
The_Werm212.00
WWM3966.50
      05-16-2022, 09:08 PM   #17573
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

we knew it was coming so although I agree with you, it's not shocking at least for me

these days everybody gets M
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 09:25 PM   #17574
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Behold, the first standalone M product in literal decades. No not a track ready sports car, a plug-in hybrid monstrosity SUV
Wtf is that a pinstripe?! 🤮
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 09:26 PM   #17575
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Quote:

Wtf is that a pinstripe?! 🤮
And worst of all in gold! I thought those died with the Gold Package Toyotas!

Apparently, BMWBlog says the XM is ~5800lbs
      05-16-2022, 09:31 PM   #17576
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

It's called XM? Does it at least come with free Sirius radio?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 10:01 PM   #17577
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know where it is actually. San Pedro area is where I used to have to travel a lot.

The area is close to where the Queen Mary is parked at. USS Iowa is also close by.
I went to a POC autocross there a few years ago. Great spot for autocross and you get the salty sea breeze.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
mzcp2679.50
      05-16-2022, 11:06 PM   #17578
Ropes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Quote:

Why does BMW insist on making ugly vehicles? At the moment the X5M and M5 and M2C are the only good looking Ms. Looks like the M2 will be the next to become a mismatch of styles. This is becoming a problem because I really enjoyed my past BMWs and I don't see a future with them. When I finally decide to separate with my F82, I think I will have to go the Sedan_Clan route. The wife loves her M5 and doesn't know where she will go after.
Appreciate 1
icegrill2078.00