Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #639
Goruond
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I looked to my right and noticed a clapped out Mazda 3 try and keep up.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #640
ironviet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 Jeep Wrangler ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
I agree this car is a magnet for people trying to measure up. They either want to see how they compare or they think they will win. Right now here is what's been revving.
1) Mustangs GT350 and 5.0
2) Kia Stingers
3) Dodge Chargers/Challengers all models
I rarely engage with my kids in the car or if there is a lot of traffic.

My wife however, is always telling me how she raced and gets walked. I always ask why but then what she's trying to race. GT3 GT2 Porches and some Lambos. She's way too funny
2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #641
justm3f80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3, Forester XT, Saab 92x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironviet View Post
I agree this car is a magnet for people trying to measure up. They either want to see how they compare or they think they will win. Right now here is what's been revving.
2) Kia Stingers

My wife however, is always telling me how she raced and gets walked. I always ask why but then what she's trying to race. GT3 GT2 Porches and some Lambos. She's way too funny
Literally everything on 4 wheels. Here's a catalogue of this who "won" and ultimate losers.
On my first road trip with the M3 from Edmonton to Vancouver
1. Chrysler 300 2006 -2007 ish models driven by skinny vaping yo yo with a bunch of girls in the back. This idiot stopped 2 lanes of highway and puts his hazard lights and waves me to pull up next to him. I didn't indulge and had to stop 3 car lengths behind. Anyway turns out 250 meters down the road there's a massive RCMP traffic police project. Just my luck they were on the other side of the highway I could not signal them.
2. Another Chrysler 300 same vintage year, this time with massive rims and driven by an old dude. Tailgates me the for 3kms till I pulled into a gas station. He "waited" for me at the next exit and did a flyby then flashed hazards - yay another winner

3. Honda pilot driven by a soccer mom. Didn't like the sound of my open valves. Sat on my tail for 1Km and then overtook over a double line and proceeded to brake check me then took off and flipped me off. Reason unknown

4. This one was hilarious.. Guy in a Chevy Volt .. seriously.. Cuts me off in a construction zone just to get in front of me. Mind you the lane he has in was completely empty. I was having a bad day so this time I retaliated. I took the lane he left after the construction zone and sat there pacing the car that was to my right, effectively trapping the volt guy there for 2-4 kms. There was no one behind me so I sat on the fast lane. Eventually the driver I was pacing on the right started giving a larger gap and the volt driver thought he would get a chance. I dropped it to 3rd and he became tiny in seconds. He didn't bother me the rest of the way.

5. Lifted trucks ( there's are notorious for straight up reckless driving and egging) one dangerously came flying by and swerved into my lane at the last minute there was was no car behind me and I was doing the limit. it was Friday I have worked with police on traffic projects so I know we'll enough which days and locations to be behaved. This idiot could have easily and safely used the very long exit runway but.. as expected cut me of closely. Seriously this car attracts the scum of the road. I had my wife in the car with me.

6. RAM 1500 who came flying behind me in a school zone. He got up close to by rear bumper. Reason unknown. I was doing the limit valves closed and did nothing to provoke. He got nabbed by a biker cop who saw the whole thing. Gave the cop thumbs up and he gave a nod of acknowledgement!

7. Honda's.. I won't even name how many. Loud ones, beat up one's ( which I steer clear of )

8. BMW 330is... if I had a dollar for each that follows too close or tries to race.

9. Mercs C & E class numerous times, same MO follow to close, overtake aggressive and cut off then drive off. Works are the CLA

10. Last one is my neighbor, he drives an infiniti Came up fast and I mean fast and started tailgating me on a side residential road at night with his high beams on. When I pulled over at my driveway is when I realized he is my next door neighbor!!. Needless to say I do not say hi or hello to this guy anymore. He clearly has issues because he knows it's my car he was following that closely and that too in tight residential streets. I was driving normally no noise or spirited driving.so I dunno what triggered this guy.

Full disclosure, I do not drive like a douche. There are a few F80s where I live so it would be very easy to get tagged and called in, I have also worked with police on traffic enforcement and I am very aware of the consequences all financial, criminal and life/death. So I am a nanny driver on the road, I do the posted limits and my advice is to ignore the crazy drivers out there. In the very very rare case that I go John wick on the throttle on a public road it's followed by deep regret.

My friend has a 911 GT3 and it's his daily, and has fewer of these and he rarely gets egged on. I drove his car for a couple of weeks and while people will stare at the his car I never once got any of the crazy stuff that I get in the ///M .

I'm curious is this an M3 thing???
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2021, 05:56 PM   #642
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justm3f80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironviet View Post
2) Kia Stingers

Literally everything on 4 wheels. Here's a catalogue of this who "won" and ultimate losers.
On my first road trip with the M3 from Edmonton to Vancouver
1. Chrysler 300 2006 -2007 ish models driven by skinny vaping yo yo with a bunch of girls in the back. This idiot stopped 2 lanes of highway and puts his hazard lights and waves me to pull up next to him. I didn't indulge and had to stop 3 car lengths behind. Anyway turns out 250 meters down the road there's a massive RCMP traffic police project. Just my luck they were on the other side of the highway I could not signal them.
2. Another Chrysler 300 same vintage year, this time with massive rims and driven by an old dude. Tailgates me the for 3kms till I pulled into a gas station. He "waited" for me at the next exit and did a flyby then flashed hazards - yay another winner

3. Honda pilot driven by a soccer mom. Didn't like the sound of my open valves. Sat on my tail for 1Km and then overtook over a double line and proceeded to brake check me then took off and flipped me off. Reason unknown

4. This one was hilarious.. Guy in a Chevy Volt .. seriously.. Cuts me off in a construction zone just to get in front of me. Mind you the lane he has in was completely empty. I was having a bad day so this time I retaliated. I took the lane he left after the construction zone and sat there pacing the car that was to my right, effectively trapping the volt guy there for 2-4 kms. There was no one behind me so I sat on the fast lane. Eventually the driver I was pacing on the right started giving a larger gap and the volt driver thought he would get a chance. I dropped it to 3rd and he became tiny in seconds. He didn't bother me the rest of the way.

5. Lifted trucks ( there's are notorious for straight up reckless driving and egging) one dangerously came flying by and swerved into my lane at the last minute there was was no car behind me and I was doing the limit. it was Friday I have worked with police on traffic projects so I know we'll enough which days and locations to be behaved. This idiot could have easily and safely used the very long exit runway but.. as expected cut me of closely. Seriously this car attracts the scum of the road. I had my wife in the car with me.

6. RAM 1500 who came flying behind me in a school zone. He got up close to by rear bumper. Reason unknown. I was doing the limit valves closed and did nothing to provoke. He got nabbed by a biker cop who saw the whole thing. Gave the cop thumbs up and he gave a nod of acknowledgement!

7. Honda's.. I won't even name how many. Loud ones, beat up one's ( which I steer clear of )

8. BMW 330is... if I had a dollar for each that follows too close or tries to race.

9. Mercs C & E class numerous times, same MO follow to close, overtake aggressive and cut off then drive off. Works are the CLA

10. Last one is my neighbor, he drives an infiniti Came up fast and I mean fast and started tailgating me on a side residential road at night with his high beams on. When I pulled over at my driveway is when I realized he is my next door neighbor!!. Needless to say I do not say hi or hello to this guy anymore. He clearly has issues because he knows it's my car he was following that closely and that too in tight residential streets. I was driving normally no noise or spirited driving.so I dunno what triggered this guy.

Full disclosure, I do not drive like a douche. There are a few F80s where I live so it would be very easy to get tagged and called in, I have also worked with police on traffic enforcement and I am very aware of the consequences all financial, criminal and life/death. So I am a nanny driver on the road, I do the posted limits and my advice is to ignore the crazy drivers out there. In the very very rare case that I go John wick on the throttle on a public road it's followed by deep regret.

My friend has a 911 GT3 and it's his daily, and has fewer of these and he rarely gets egged on. I drove his car for a couple of weeks and while people will stare at the his car I never once got any of the crazy stuff that I get in the ///M .

I'm curious is this an M3 thing???
Depends how you drive. I granny foot it most of the time because dangerous driving to show off is pretty stupid. No one really bothers me as a result.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2021, 06:41 PM   #643
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

I have had a few times I took off quick not really thinking about it from a stop light, and then realize I’m hearing a car rev out behind me in the right lane. I’m like, are we racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I was in a hurry to get home a few days ago and got on the accelerator from a stop light. I looked to my right and noticed a clapped out Mazda 3 try and keep up. He looked a bit worked up over "losing" to a hippie electric car. I'm just trying to get home in a timely matter to take a deuce. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 10:36 PM   #644
SweetJazz
Rep
Drives: Detailing OCD!

A beautiful "Atlantis blue" or "Marina blue" F80 M3 drove past me as I was making a right turn onto the same street. He moved over one lane when we both hit the stop light about a half mile away. I had no plans to race since my dog was in the back seat. The light turned green and I heard his exhaust rev up so I punched it and showed him that the king is still the Tesla Model 3 Performance. My dog did not seam to mind either. Yes, the dog was secured during this event. We both turned onto the freeway and we both gave each other a thumbs up. I will say the F80 and G80 M3 sedans are gorgeous looking sedans.

Last edited by SweetJazz; 07-13-2021 at 01:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 09:10 AM   #645
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJazz View Post
A beautiful "Atlantis blue" or "Marina blue" F80 M3 drove past me as I was making a right turn onto the same street. He moved over one lane when we both hit the stop light about a half mile away. I had no plans to race since my dog was in the back seat. The light turned green and I heard his exhaust rev up so I punched it and showed him that the king is still the Tesla Model 3 Performance. My dog did not seam to mind either. Yes, the dog was secured during this event. We both turned onto the freeway and we both gave each other a thumbs up. I will say the F80 and G80 M3 sedans are gorgeous looking sedans.
Enjoy your silent Tesla!

The fact that you think the G80 looks "gorgeous" tells me enough about your story!
Appreciate 5
six75LT916.50
icegrill2078.00
      07-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #646
FatRear08
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Hardly the king…not impressed at all. I demolished one 3 weeks ago like it was going in reverse. Those things do have reverse, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 02:04 AM   #647
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
Quote:
Hardly the king…not impressed at all. I demolished one 3 weeks ago like it was going in reverse. Those things do have reverse, right?
The 0-60 on the dual motor is very very competitive with our F8X unless they are on shit tries and the battery is already sapping performance from heat soak. You must have been racing a standard non-dual motor model 3.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 07:26 AM   #648
FatRear08
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The 0-60 on the dual motor is very very competitive with our F8X unless they are on shit tries and the battery is already sapping performance from heat soak. You must have been racing a standard non-dual motor model 3.
I’m running a F90 and it was a performance model. Had the ‘nicer’ 20’s, rear deck lid carbon lip, and sat lower than most. He wasn’t happy. Should’ve spent the 60k elsewhere. Or don’t attempt to f@ck with every car on the road, Bc he found the wrong person. That being said, the mrs. wants one…go figure. I’ll drive it when I have no choice, my bike has flat tires, or one of my legs are broke.
Appreciate 3
six75LT916.50
BGut12100.50
      07-14-2021, 07:39 AM   #649
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:

I’m running a F90 and it was a performance model. Had the ‘nicer’ 20’s, rear deck lid carbon lip, and sat lower than most. He wasn’t happy. Should’ve spent the 60k elsewhere. Or don’t attempt to f@ck with every car on the road, Bc he found the wrong person. That being said, the mrs. wants one…go figure. I’ll drive it when I have no choice, my bike has flat tires, or one of my legs are broke.
Had the same thing happen to me. White dual motor performance 3 and I could see the steam coming through his fedora. Likely doesn’t lose often..
Appreciate 1
icegrill2078.00
      07-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #650
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

I tried to instigate some highway fun with a AMG GT63 S this morning, but he wouldn't bite. It sure was a beauty!
      07-16-2021, 10:46 PM   #651
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT

Raced a stock 2018 GTR while I was visiting my Grandmother in Cambodia today, it was a roll race. I won he lost.. We both took the exit to the Cambodian Chevron and he was absolutely relieved that he didn't get beat by a stock M4. I'm stage 1 91.
      07-21-2021, 12:52 PM   #652
BMWfan2006
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp, Tesla 3 Perf

I moved from a 18 M3 comp to a Tesla 3 Performance. I was behind one on a sharp turn then straight on ramp. WOT He never had a chance below 115. I was off the gas several times so I wouldn't rear end him. Miss the sakhir orange seats but not enough to go back. Still love the looks of that car though.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 08:17 AM   #653
wdskukm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan2006 View Post
I moved from a 18 M3 comp to a Tesla 3 Performance. I was behind one on a sharp turn then straight on ramp. WOT He never had a chance below 115. I was off the gas several times so I wouldn't rear end him. Miss the sakhir orange seats but not enough to go back. Still love the looks of that car though.
I got both the M3 and the Model 3 P. Best of both worlds.
      07-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #654
SweetJazz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanm4 View Post
Enjoy your silent Tesla!

The fact that you think the G80 looks "gorgeous" tells me enough about your story!
What story is that? Can't wait to hear.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #655
SweetJazz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdskukm3 View Post
I got both the M3 and the Model 3 P. Best of both worlds.
Agreed. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 12:58 PM   #656
SweetJazz
Rep

Quote:
Your stock M is not going to walk a Perfomance Model 3 from a dig so get over yourself. You are either modded out or the Model 3 had a low battery which is very real for electric cars. Running cars at 100+ MPH on public roads is just plain stupid.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #657
kindafrosty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 F80 / ‘08 E83

Quote:
What story is that? Can't wait to hear.
The story of how a pompous EV owner has nothing better to do than post on forums he has no affiliation to, self-proclaiming their EV is "king". Any idiot can hop in a Tesla and stomp on the gas, while you'd probably crash a stock F8X with TC off. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges bro, go back to the Tesla forums and boast over there, you are not wanted here
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 06:41 PM   #658
FatRear08
Major
Rep

Quote:
Your stock M is not going to walk a Perfomance Model 3 from a dig so get over yourself. You are either modded out or the Model 3 had a low battery which is very real for electric cars. Running cars at 100+ MPH on public roads is just plain stupid.
You’ve been here for 3 seconds and you’re telling me to get over myself. Before you tell ANYONE to get over themselves, get your facts straight before you come here like you own the place and have all the answers. And where in any of my posts did I say that I attained or broke 100 mph? Someone tell me…please. And FYI, I didn’t walk it, I fucking smoked it. But hey everyone, Mr 6 post says I’m a liar. Goodnight everyone…

Last edited by FatRear08; 07-25-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #659
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafrosty View Post
The story of how a pompous EV owner has nothing better to do than post on forums he has no affiliation to, self-proclaiming their EV is "king". Any idiot can hop in a Tesla and stomp on the gas, while you'd probably crash a stock F8X with TC off. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges bro, go back to the Tesla forums and boast over there, you are not wanted here
Not picking sides but you do know that there are a lot of M owners that also own a Tesla….

And just to be stoopid, I’m going to go out and say that you’d actually have to be an idiot to “hop in a Tesla and stomp on the gas” 🤣

In general though, I honestly don’t understand why Tesla’s are tracked on quarter mile against combustion engines. BEV’s in my opinion should be ran in similarly classed vehicles.

Well anyways, back to the feuding.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 10:31 PM   #660
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

All that Model 3 needs is an intake, tune and an exhaust upgrade and watch out!
Appreciate 1