Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
***M4***
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M4 CompPack- 6 MT- yas blue

How easy is it for a dealer to trade for an allocation

I have a dilemma may be someone has some advise for me. I am trying to order a new M4 I have 2 dealers I have been talking to one dealer does not have an allocation says he can get one and his price is almost $5000 cheaper in price than dealer 2 who has an allocation right now.
Question can dealers usually trade for an allocation? Would u give the cheaper dealer some amount of time to see if he can get an allocation? Should I just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5k and go with the dealer that has the allocation right now?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #2
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***M4***
I have a dilemma may be someone has some advise for me. I am trying to order a new M4 I have 2 dealers I have been talking to one dealer does not have an allocation says he can get one and his price is almost $5000 cheaper in price than dealer 2 who has an allocation right now.
Question can dealers usually trade for an allocation? Would u give the cheaper dealer some amount of time to see if he can get an allocation? Should I just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5k and go with the dealer that has the allocation right now?

Thanks
From my experience dealers can trade for allocations rather easily as long as they have something the other dealership wants. My dealership got an allocation for my M4 by trading a 4 series Vert allocation. Done and done. A high volume dealership is better in these circumstances because of the amount of allocations they receive and the potential for having something worth trading. I wouldn't pay the 5K premium. Just shop around.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Certain dealers will have a bigger network of "dealerships" under their umbrella and will have a very strong buying power. For example, the dealer I used in Ontario has 55 BMW dealerships in total across Canada. They can swap allocations with any of their 55 locations no questions asked when a buyer shows up. I don't think 2 separate dealerships will want to trade allocations, this does not generate income for the one giving up the allocation. It is highly unlikely to happen. I would not pay extra money for the car to arrive earlier myself, I think this question is up to you to decide on. In fact when I ordered mine I opted for the individual color which is 6-8 weeks extra time as I did not care for when the car arrives. I have 2 cars sitting at my place so there's no urgency for me. Personally, I would keep that money and put it towards something else such as wheels or winter tire setup.

M
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
fashion.g80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
My dealership didn't have a M3 allocation when I wanted mine. He mad a few phone calls and ended up trading a M4 allocation for my M3. It took a few hours and I ordered my car. Don't pay the extra 5K
      10-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
Spoonman929RR
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

It depends on management from the dealers. Some will be perfectly fine with it, but being an M car they may be less willing to. Things get a little stickier when they're M cars.
Appreciate 0