Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #67
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Test drove the non-s saloon. So not quite the same but close enough I hope

For anyone thinking there was anything wrong with the 540i there wasn't and most would probably say i'm mad walking away from it. But for me the whole point of buying the M3 last year was to buy myself something special that I would keep, obviously that didn't work out for for reasons out of my control.

When I bought the 540i I lost site of my goal to buy something special, and whilst it is really nice car it's is not that special car I should have bought.
Foggy, i did the same moved to a 535D m Sport, 6 months later bought the M3 CP, we miss that special feeling.
Good luck with the pick-up today, nice day for it.
Wish it was today! Next Saturday hopefully, I'm sure it will be pissing down!
Looks awesome mate, bet you cannot wait.. Mine is going back next week and I have to wait until September for my new one :-(
Long wait, I hope they have put you in something decent!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #68
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Test drove the non-s saloon. So not quite the same but close enough I hope

For anyone thinking there was anything wrong with the 540i there wasn't and most would probably say i'm mad walking away from it. But for me the whole point of buying the M3 last year was to buy myself something special that I would keep, obviously that didn't work out for for reasons out of my control.

When I bought the 540i I lost site of my goal to buy something special, and whilst it is really nice car it's is not that special car I should have bought.
Foggy, i did the same moved to a 535D m Sport, 6 months later bought the M3 CP, we miss that special feeling.
Good luck with the pick-up today, nice day for it.
Wish it was today! Next Saturday hopefully, I'm sure it will be pissing down!
Looks awesome mate, bet you cannot wait.. Mine is going back next week and I have to wait until September for my new one :-(
Long wait, I hope they have put you in something decent!
No idea what I will get, will find out next week. Hoping it's something that makes me appreciate the M3 :-)
Nice nice 340 or 440i would probably be best.

You don't want anything too good!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #69
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
I know, I was thinking a 420d would be great. Good car but will make the M feel epic!!

Hoping this one turns up for Sept 1st, mine missed last year due to diff. Never had a new car on the first day of a new reg (silly i know)
Personally i would move it back a week. 1t Sept is manic. Car preps are rushed, handovers rush, etc. etc. I wouldn't do it again. What's an extra week on that wait
Appreciate 1
Chompers1121.00

      05-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #70
dopper99
Lieutenant General
England
2948
Rep
10,790
Posts

Drives: Golf R 2019
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Have I missed something, is your car going Scott?

What you getting?
__________________

Current:
Golf R 2019
Previous:
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #71
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Well I a have just been told I am on holiday that week so looks like I will be taking your advice

Looking forward to the C63?
Certainly am. but i have spent the last 3.5 hrs looking at others cars, mainly M3s on used and immediate delivery to make sure i'm making the right decision.

The problem is a I have list of + and - for both of them. I have seen one M3 CP that i'm going to make a call about but I don't think it is achievable, if it is i'm going to have a real headache to sort out!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #72
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
scottc's Avatar
610
Rep
1,578
Posts

Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Well I a have just been told I am on holiday that week so looks like I will be taking your advice

Looking forward to the C63?
Certainly am. but i have spent the last 3.5 hrs looking at others cars, mainly M3s on used and immediate delivery to make sure i'm making the right decision.

The problem is a I have list of + and - for both of them. I have seen one M3 CP that i'm going to make a call about but I don't think it is achievable, if it is i'm going to have a real headache to sort out!!
I would personally drive both and then see what deal you can get.

I reckon you could get into a comp pack of you really wanted one, loads about.

Which do you prefer the look of?
__________________
MG/SS M4 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #73
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
I would personally drive both and then see what deal you can get.

I reckon you could get into a comp pack of you really wanted one, loads about.

Which do you prefer the look of?
I have driven both. I guess it all depends on whether all the M3s knock......

The C63 reminded me of the M3 with the 18s and winters on. Which is a good thing for me.

Looks wise, I cannot compare the two I like them both and both very different. Only thing missing on the C63 is bigger arches on the rear. The M3 looks awesome!

But the drive of the C63 was excellent and the noise is way better than the M3.

On the practical side the C63 wins every time. Interior I think the C63 just wins, but only because I think I need a change. Wheels win on the Merc as well.

iDrive vs Command, idrive wins hands down.

Colour, C63 wins unless this one I have seen is achievable.

Running costs I doubt there will be much difference.

So you choose for me
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #74
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
scottc's Avatar
610
Rep
1,578
Posts

Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
I would personally drive both and then see what deal you can get.

I reckon you could get into a comp pack of you really wanted one, loads about.

Which do you prefer the look of?
I have driven both. I guess it all depends on whether all the M3s knock......

The C63 reminded me of the M3 with the 18s and winters on. Which is a good thing for me.

Looks wise, I cannot compare the two I like them both and both very different. Only thing missing on the C63 is bigger arches on the rear. The M3 looks awesome!

But the drive of the C63 was excellent and the noise is way better than the M3.

On the practical side the C63 wins every time. Interior I think the C63 just wins, but only because I think I need a change. Wheels win on the Merc as well.

iDrive vs Command, idrive wins hands down.

Colour, C63 wins unless this one I have seen is achievable.

Running costs I doubt there will be much difference.

So you choose for me
Has to be the C63 :-)

I totally get what you mean about the ride, I will be putting 19" on mine as it makes the car 100 times better.

Guessing it's the fact it's directly mounted without bushes, the new M5 is actually starting to use rubber bushes.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the build quality compare to the BMW
__________________
MG/SS M4 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #75
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1256
Rep
8,905
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5 CP in Marina Bay Blue
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Has to be the C63 :-)

I totally get what you mean about the ride, I will be putting 19" on mine as it makes the car 100 times better.

I do think they all knock however I think some are a lot worse then others. Guessing it's the fact it's directly mounted without bushes, the new M5 is actually starting to use rubber bushes.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the build quality compare to the BMW
My new M3 CP certainly does NOT Knock, if it did it would be outed double quick.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2019 M5 Competition MBB & Silverstone..
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1454.00

      05-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #76
dopper99
Lieutenant General
England
2948
Rep
10,790
Posts

Drives: Golf R 2019
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Mine had a new shock fitted before Christmas, rear left...... but then started knocking again a little a few months later - bag of shite.

Its only slight and on rough roads, but you can hear it.

Originally it knocked from the day I picked it up new.
__________________

Current:
Golf R 2019
Previous:
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #77
dopper99
Lieutenant General
England
2948
Rep
10,790
Posts

Drives: Golf R 2019
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
I have driven both. I guess it all depends on whether all the M3s knock......

The C63 reminded me of the M3 with the 18s and winters on. Which is a good thing for me.

Looks wise, I cannot compare the two I like them both and both very different. Only thing missing on the C63 is bigger arches on the rear. The M3 looks awesome!

But the drive of the C63 was excellent and the noise is way better than the M3.

On the practical side the C63 wins every time. Interior I think the C63 just wins, but only because I think I need a change. Wheels win on the Merc as well.

iDrive vs Command, idrive wins hands down.

Colour, C63 wins unless this one I have seen is achievable.

Running costs I doubt there will be much difference.

So you choose for me
Foggy, if you're still not really 100%, I'd try to get a longer test drive in the cars you fancy.

When I thought I might be selling my car back in November I got hold of a 335d I could test for 2 hours. I knew in that time that I did not want to return to a 335d, and the wife agreed. Ok, your scenario is slightly different as you're looking to trade up to a more sport oriented car .... but nonetheless, try before you buy.

If I were you, I'd seriously get yourself down to Romans and ask them to take that actual car out by yourself for a couple of hours. The only downside I can think of is that it'll be a heavy car - however I'm sure you'll love it - but you really need to be sure!!!!!!!!
__________________

Current:
Golf R 2019
Previous:
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1454.00

      05-21-2017, 04:31 AM   #78
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1256
Rep
8,905
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5 CP in Marina Bay Blue
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Foggy, if you're still not really 100%, I'd try to get a longer test drive in the cars you fancy.

When I thought I might be selling my car back in November I got hold of a 335d I could test for 2 hours. I knew in that time that I did not want to return to a 335d, and the wife agreed. Ok, your scenario is slightly different as you're looking to trade up to a more sport oriented car .... but nonetheless, try before you buy.

If I were you, I'd seriously get yourself down to Romans and ask them to take that actual car out by yourself for a couple of hours. The only downside I can think of is that it'll be a heavy car - however I'm sure you'll love it - but you really need to be sure!!!!!!!!
I would never buy a car without extended testing.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2019 M5 Competition MBB & Silverstone..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 05:21 AM   #79
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Foggy, if you're still not really 100%, I'd try to get a longer test drive in the cars you fancy.

When I thought I might be selling my car back in November I got hold of a 335d I could test for 2 hours. I knew in that time that I did not want to return to a 335d, and the wife agreed. Ok, your scenario is slightly different as you're looking to trade up to a more sport oriented car .... but nonetheless, try before you buy.

If I were you, I'd seriously get yourself down to Romans and ask them to take that actual car out by yourself for a couple of hours. The only downside I can think of is that it'll be a heavy car - however I'm sure you'll love it - but you really need to be sure!!!!!!!!
I would never buy a car without extended testing.
Well I have definitely had an extended drive in the f80.

I have had a fair drive (couple of hours) in the C63 all be it a saloon and a non-s.
Appreciate 1
dopper992947.50

      05-21-2017, 06:07 AM   #80
dopper99
Lieutenant General
England
2948
Rep
10,790
Posts

Drives: Golf R 2019
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Well I have definitely had an extended drive in the f80.

I have had a fair drive (couple of hours) in the C63 all be it a saloon and a non-s.
Ok cool, sounds like you've got it covered.

So we wont expect any talk of swapping your next new car after 1 month again.
__________________

Current:
Golf R 2019
Previous:
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 06:25 AM   #81
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
ajfoggy's Avatar
England
1454
Rep
3,553
Posts

Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Warrington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Well I have definitely had an extended drive in the f80.

I have had a fair drive (couple of hours) in the C63 all be it a saloon and a non-s.
Ok cool, sounds like you've got it covered.

So we wont expect any talk of swapping your next new car after 1 month again.
Never say never. But no, can't afford to do that again.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #82
rjwojcik
Captain
rjwojcik's Avatar
227
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 CP
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Never say never. But no, can't afford to do that again.
The C63S looks the rollocks, Andy. Didn't realise they were 2WD, 500hp, the C43's are 4wd. Nice colour as well.
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1454.00

      05-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #83
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
5455
Rep
9,735
Posts

Drives: G11 740d/X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Will drop you a pm
Can't have that, come on spill da beans!
__________________
G11 740d xdrive/X3M/Z4C, Gone F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST