Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #23
///FastEuro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fackamato View Post
Any experience moving from an OTS stage 1 to a custom tune (91 Octane), without using a dyno? Worth it?
OTS maps are very good, but if you're trying to extract the max, I suggest going with a custom tune regardless of the fuel type.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:48 AM   #24
M 4 FUN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320, BMW M4 competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FastEuro View Post
I want to give a special S-O to Cary Jordan for dialing in my 93 Octane and Full E85 tunes. Dyno result speaks for itself, but just as important is the smooth, stocklike drivability. Starting with an hour long phone call explaining the process step by step, Cary has been extremely professional. Even with the car not performing optimally at first due to stock plugs and filters, Cary didn't hesitate to reconnect for another dyno session and perfect the tune. So anyone that is looking for stellar custom tuning with outstanding customer service, I highly recommend JordanTuned.

https://www.facebook.com/19467726956...ndex=0&sfns=mo
Hi! When you say stock filters, do you mean the filters in the stock airboxes were a limiting factor or did you use any other intake system? And if you just changed the filters, do you have the Before and after numbers?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 04:47 PM   #25
///FastEuro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
Quote:
I want to give a special S-O to Cary Jordan for dialing in my 93 Octane and Full E85 tunes. Dyno result speaks for itself, but just as important is the smooth, stocklike drivability. Starting with an hour long phone call explaining the process step by step, Cary has been extremely professional. Even with the car not performing optimally at first due to stock plugs and filters, Cary didn't hesitate to reconnect for another dyno session and perfect the tune. So anyone that is looking for stellar custom tuning with outstanding customer service, I highly recommend JordanTuned.

https://www.facebook.com/19467726956...=0&sfns=mo
Hi! When you say stock filters, do you mean the filters in the stock airboxes were a limiting factor or did you use any other intake system? And if you just changed the filters, do you have the Before and after numbers?
Correct, I'm running stock system with BMC drop in's. Filters definitely helped, we've seen at least 10+ whp before further tuning. Remember there are two filters in each box (paper and charcoal).
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #26
blockdoc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
OTS maps are very good, but if you're trying to extract the max, I suggest going with a custom tune regardless of the fuel type.
This!

Not just extracting the most power, but also fine tuning the driveability for YOUR specific car and YOUR specific driving habits/preferences/conditions

OTS tunes are fine, but are inherently generic to appeal to the most number of people but offering nothing specific (obviously)
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #27
///FastEuro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdoc View Post
Quote:
This!

Not just extracting the most power, but also fine tuning the driveability for YOUR specific car and YOUR specific driving habits/preferences/conditions

OTS tunes are fine, but are inherently generic to appeal to the most number of people but offering nothing specific (obviously)
It's really incredible when I think about it, I gained 175 whp and the car still feels smooth as stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #28
blockdoc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
It's really incredible when I think about it, I gained 175 whp and the car still feels smooth as stock.
Yes. Best $500 I've spent on this car...a custom tune
Appreciate 0