BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

03-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #23
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
standard diffuser works, but doesn't look as good as the MP one...
I knew it might start to get expensive...

Quote:
Do get your point though.
      03-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #24
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

But they DO look pretty together though......
Attached Images

San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #25
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Mmmm food for thought.
      03-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #26
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Ok so button has been pressed.

Lightweight splitter and Eibach 12/15mm spacers now on route.

I just need to get a good idea on springs now...

The Ground Control option is a bit of an unknown and getting to close to the cost of coilovers so I think they're out.

So I guess a little waiting to see if anymore info shows up about the Mperf option or make my mind up between ACS, KW, Eibach or Macht Schnell?!? Third world problems eh
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #27
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post
Ok so button has been pressed.

Lightweight splitter and Eibach 12/15mm spacers now on route.

I just need to get a good idea on springs now...

The Ground Control option is a bit of an unknown and getting to close to the cost of coilovers so I think they're out.

So I guess a little waiting to see if anymore info shows up about the Mperf option or make my mind up between ACS, KW, Eibach or Macht Schnell?!? Third world problems eh
Ade,
If you decide that you want to go with the Eibach suspension, let me know as I have a set of 3000 mile springs for sale.
Denso
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #28
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Ade,
If you decide that you want to go with the Eibach suspension, let me know as I have a set of 3000 mile springs for sale.
Denso
Hi Denso

I could be interested. Do you have any pictures of the car with them fitted? What were your thoughts on ride and handling compared to stock? Do you mind if I ask why you took them off though?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 01:28 AM   #29
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi Denso

I could be interested. Do you have any pictures of the car with them fitted? What were your thoughts on ride and handling compared to stock? Do you mind if I ask why you took them off though?
Hi Ade,
My car is a project and is always changing. I wanted to go with Bilstein damptronic but they have never come available yet so opted for KW HAS.
The ride was great and the stance in my view was perfect, not so low that you scraped over every speed bump but low enough to give the car a planted look
2 pictures with the Eibach fitted,

Denso
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:37 AM   #30
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks, that does look very nice! I thought the M3 and M4 used different rear springs though? Something like there had to be a different spring or spacers added etc for an M3 or the rear will sit lower?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 05:31 AM   #31
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks, that does look very nice! I thought the M3 and M4 used different rear springs though? Something like there had to be a different spring or spacers added etc for an M3 or the rear will sit lower?
It is the same part number

Denso

Last edited by Denso; 03-18-2016 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 07:24 AM   #32
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

It is likely me getting confused trying to read everything about the different springs out there?!

There are loads threads and people don't seem to have universal opinion on any of them!

I think I'll wait a little longer for news of the Mperformance kit, to see if it is available by the time my car arrives and then decide then.

If they're not i'll give you a shout to see if you still have them.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #33
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
It is likely me getting confused trying to read everything about the different springs out there?!

There are loads threads and people don't seem to have universal opinion on any of them!

I think I'll wait a little longer for news of the Mperformance kit, to see if it is available by the time my car arrives and then decide then.

If they're not i'll give you a shout to see if you still have them.
No problem good luck with your choice

Denso
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 06:07 AM   #34
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok this waiting lark is definitely not a good thing I now have a Carbon diffuser to add to the list of day one bits to fit..... it could be a really busy day

I think I'll fit it as is and then decide if I need paint it black (it does feel wrong to paint carbon but I'm not sure I want too much carbon showing)....

I just need to stop looking at exhaust systems as they really are a bit rich at the moment but I keep finding myself looking at the Remus system....my credit card if getting scared
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #35
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
Ok this waiting lark is definitely not a good thing I now have a Carbon diffuser to add to the list of day one bits to fit..... it could be a really busy day

I think I'll fit it as is and then decide if I need paint it black (it does feel wrong to paint carbon but I'm not sure I want too much carbon showing)....

I just need to stop looking at exhaust systems as they really are a bit rich at the moment but I keep finding myself looking at the Remus system....my credit card if getting scared
oh really.. you are considering painting the carbon fibre?? I would have left the rear diffuser carbon as looks great.. if it were matt black plastic then i'd say slap a lick of gloss on it do they not do a plastic diffuser you could have painted? would be hell of a lot cheaper.
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #36
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

After quite a bit of looking around I've found two plastic diffusers. One is about three times the cost of the OEM carbon and therefore insane!!

The other is from China and about the same price as the low cost carbon one I've gone for. I figured as the price is not crazy if i don't enjoy the carbon look then I can just paint it and not feel to guilty for covering it up
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #37
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
After quite a bit of looking around I've found two plastic diffusers. One is about three times the cost of the OEM carbon and therefore insane!!

The other is from China and about the same price as the low cost carbon one I've gone for. I figured as the price is not crazy if i don't enjoy the carbon look then I can just paint it and not feel to guilty for covering it up
Makes sense is it the same weave as the roof and BMW m perf Carbon??
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 04:49 AM   #38
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense is it the same weave as the roof and BMW m perf Carbon??
It looked similar from the pictures but given its nowhere near close enough to easily compare I wasn't too fussed. I only really want the slightly more aggressive finned diffuser look.

I'm amazed that there aren't more sensiblly priced plastic options....
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #39
ibk11
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SO M3 DCT

I can definitely relate to the OP on this issue - all the waiting around is dangerous, we just start over-researching mods and detailing and whatever else. That said I'm trying to stay strong. I know there's quite a strong culture here for mods (esp. with the US drivers) but personally I find "less is more" works best with these cars - over-modding can really ruin the look of these cars IMHO.

Swapping out the kidney grilles and side vents for black versions is fair enough and I'll definitely do the same, but I'm not sure how far I'd go beyond that. Maybe some wheel spacers. What I really can't decide on is the rear spoiler... is it a step too far? Looks great on white cars but not sure would work well on my SO F80. Advice welcome!

About the GTechniq coatings - do you worry about it changing the look of the car too much? Some coatings darken the colour too much for my liking, or look way too glossy.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #40
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibk11 View Post
I can definitely relate to the OP on this issue - all the waiting around is dangerous, we just start over-researching mods and detailing and whatever else. That said I'm trying to stay strong. I know there's quite a strong culture here for mods (esp. with the US drivers) but personally I find "less is more" works best with these cars - over-modding can really ruin the look of these cars IMHO.

Swapping out the kidney grilles and side vents for black versions is fair enough and I'll definitely do the same, but I'm not sure how far I'd go beyond that. Maybe some wheel spacers. What I really can't decide on is the rear spoiler... is it a step too far? Looks great on white cars but not sure would work well on my SO F80. Advice welcome!

About the GTechniq coatings - do you worry about it changing the look of the car too much? Some coatings darken the colour too much for my liking, or look way too glossy.
Hi, there is so many parts to choose from to make your car your own, spacers are a quick mod and change the stance, I added all the carbon, and MP parts from new, only the exhaust to get, last week removed the wheels cleaned in and out and coated with GTechniq I can recommend doing this, washed the car today and the wheels are perfect, cheers John
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2016, 01:24 PM   #41
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Just popped the CP badge on so the car is now fully de-chromed, next up having seen Damo's pictures I want the carbon diffuser and carbon splitters and gloss painted lip, but I struggle with paying the 2k that will cost fitted!
      04-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #42
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Just popped the CP badge on so the car is now fully de-chromed, next up having seen Damo's pictures I want the carbon diffuser and carbon splitters and gloss painted lip, but I struggle with paying the 2k that will cost fitted!

Alex@AUTOcouture or. RW Carbon

Much better place to start to save some serious coin
      04-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #43
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Well if you keep this car for at least 3 years, it's not 2k.... It's £12 a week. Actually, it's not as you'll get more for you car on resale. So let's say it's two pints a week. I know which I'd do.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #44
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Well if you keep this car for at least 3 years, it's not 2k.... It's £12 a week. Actually, it's not as you'll get more for you car on resale. So let's say it's two pints a week. I know which I'd do.
Oh don't you start!

I was looking at the car all freshly cleaned under the lights at the garage whilst I paid for fuel this evening, YMB popping under the lights against the gloss black CP kit, but I thought I still "need" those carbon bits!

Trouble is I spent close to 6k on mods for the M5 and kept it 12 months....So I just don't trust myself