EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #45
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Oh don't you start!

I was looking at the car all freshly cleaned under the lights at the garage whilst I paid for fuel this evening, YMB popping under the lights against the gloss black CP kit, but I thought I still "need" those carbon bits!

Trouble is I spent close to 6k on mods for the M5 and kept it 12 months....So I just don't trust myself
So keep this longer and spennnnnnnnnnd more

I don't think I'll publish just how much I've spent over list price for a naked M3. Will be adding AC Schnitzers' input as well... Just as well I'm keep for a good while
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #46
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Yes you've probably spent a fortune! CP + all the MP bits but I'm on an economy drive (Honest)

I'm going to hold out until the summer...(yeah right!)
      04-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #47
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Yes you've probably spent a fortune! CP + all the MP bits but I'm on an economy drive (Honest)

I'm going to hold out until the summer...(yeah right!)
Fortune? Yes. But I'm trading in a car that has positive equity (not because I put down a huge deposit - actually only £1k, as I do with all cars), just waited nearly 3 years until got to point that it met with repayments and M3 could be had at daft discount. Would agree I've spent a teeny bit more than I should have done
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #48
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibk11 View Post
I can definitely relate to the OP on this issue - all the waiting around is dangerous, we just start over-researching mods and detailing and whatever else. That said I'm trying to stay strong. I know there's quite a strong culture here for mods (esp. with the US drivers) but personally I find "less is more" works best with these cars - over-modding can really ruin the look of these cars IMHO.

Swapping out the kidney grilles and side vents for black versions is fair enough and I'll definitely do the same, but I'm not sure how far I'd go beyond that. Maybe some wheel spacers. What I really can't decide on is the rear spoiler... is it a step too far? Looks great on white cars but not sure would work well on my SO F80. Advice welcome!

About the GTechniq coatings - do you worry about it changing the look of the car too much? Some coatings darken the colour too much for my liking, or look way too glossy.
I know what you mean about the research and over modding that can happen.

I'm still aiming for subtle changes (stuff the wife won't notice if we see a std one after day one ).

I'm done for any changes now.... suspension is planned but I think I'm going to wait for the Mperformance kit providing they don't take the piss out of the cost.

I'm decided about not changing the exhaust... for now anyway
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 05:19 AM   #49
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Sonofabitc...... Well I managed just over a week without buying anything.

Now I have a spoiler on the way!!

I've gone for this little fella

http://www.ca-int.co.uk/show_big-cGF...yLmpwZWc=.html

M4 style spoiler for the M3. I looked at a load of pictures of them fitted and then went back to pictures of the stock boot and that was that

Is it possible to request the admin to block me from this site

The ever growing pile of boxes in the garage is not going to go unnoticed by the wife for much longer! The splitter box was a bit difficult to ignore

I'm starting to wonder if I will actually have the time to get all the bits fitted on one day one now
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #50
warrenm14
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I have Litchfield springs and I think they are great. I run bimmec spacers also, cheaper than the Eibachs and hub-centric. Work well.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2016, 10:11 AM   #51
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenm14 View Post
I have Litchfield springs and I think they are great. I run bimmec spacers also, cheaper than the Eibachs and hub-centric. Work well.
How do you find the ride with the Litchfield springs? I've not found much information on them at all and very few people seem to have them and offer opinions?

I'm trying to keep all my options open as I think the cars look much better with a slight drop from std, but the mperf ones seem to be taking an age to become available......
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #52
warrenm14
Private
Rep

Yeah I've found, oddly, very few people running the litchfield springs - they are aggressively low so I guess that might be why? I have 95mm front clearence (with MPerf Lip installed) so it's a bit tight at times.

I think the right height is perfect and I think the actual drive & feel of the car is perfect.

There's a pic for height/stance.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #53
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm not sure they look that aggressive to me? Similar to Eibach in terms of drop? Bloody lovely by the way the stance is exactly what i'll be aiming for! not slammed but much more purposeful than stock.

What is the ride like compared to std? Does it change the handling characteristics much if so in what way?

For me it would be mainly an aesthetics thing so if it rode similar to stock but looked nice that would be about spot on, however if it's better in anyway then happy days
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #54
warrenm14
Private
Rep

I'd say if you compare it to stock you'd be in a happy place. Do it. I'm glad I did.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #55
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for that, more food for thought then
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #56
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Quote:
Can I ask the spacer size, I am running 15mmF and 12mmR on the M4 and notice stone chipping starting on the lower doors at 1600 miles, thanks John
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #57
warrenm14
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretrees View Post
Can I ask the spacer size, I am running 15mmF and 12mmR on the M4 and notice stone chipping starting on the lower doors at 1600 miles, thanks John
someone else asked me this earlier... I'm running 15mm all round from memory, or 12mm, I can't 100% remember!

I'm on 14K miles and stone chipping isn't much, but, one or two - it's inevitable though.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #58
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
someone else asked me this earlier... I'm running 15mm all round from memory, or 12mm, I can't 100% remember!

I'm on 14K miles and stone chipping isn't much, but, one or two - it's inevitable though.
Thanks, I mailed EAS in the US and the recommend 15F and 12R but some of the U.K. suppliers the other way round, it's light pepper marks but only had it 6 weeks so still looking at every mark, cheers John
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #59
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I mailed EAS in the US and the recommend 15F and 12R but some of the U.K. suppliers the other way round, it's light pepper marks but only had it 6 weeks so still looking at every mark, cheers John
I've gone 12mm on front and 10mm on rear (only because CP has wider tyres and I will be lowering and didn't want to foul).
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #60
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
I've gone 12mm on front and 10mm on rear (only because CP has wider tyres and I will be lowering and didn't want to foul).
That makes sense, I don't want to reduce the spacer but don't want the stone chips, we are out a country road to the main road, I think this is the main issue, it's just all a bit precious still as it so new

I could swap them 12f and 15r but EAS don't recommend and don't want to really buy a new set, be interested to hear from anyone else and any ideas.

Thanks John
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #61
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That makes sense, I don't want to reduce the spacer but don't want the stone chips, we are out a country road to the main road, I think this is the main issue, it's just all a bit precious still as it so new

I could swap them 12f and 15r but EAS don't recommend and don't want to really buy a new set, be interested to hear from anyone else and any ideas.

Thanks John
A lot of people have gone 15f and 12r. I nearly did but decided to err on the side of caution.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #62
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

From a lot of pictures I've seen I got the 15 and 12mm combo but I think i'll put the 15mm on the rear and 12mm on the front.

I think the 15mm looks better on the rear and the 12mm on the front as I think they look a little too much at 15mm. Also I did think it will help to marginally reduce spray down the side of the car and stone chips if the fronts didn't sit out as much....
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 04:13 AM   #63
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys, looking at Litchfeild they do 12F and 15R so i think i will swap them round and see if it reduces the spray!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 04:53 AM   #64
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys, looking at Litchfeild they do 12F and 15R so i think i will swap them round and see if it reduces the spray!
Let us know if it helps/make any difference. Also if you could take some pictures of how it is now and afterwards it would be interesting to see the difference it makes
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #65
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post
Let us know if it helps/make any difference. Also if you could take some pictures of how it is now and afterwards it would be interesting to see the difference it makes
This is 15F and 12R - tomorrow will swap, looking at the picture the front could go in and the rear out, might work fine, dont want any more stone chips, even thinking of a clear wrap along the door bottom like the rear arch.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #66
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
This is 15F and 12R - tomorrow will swap, looking at the picture the front could go in and the rear out, might work fine, dont want any more stone chips, even thinking of a clear wrap along the door bottom like the rear arch.
I would think it would look and handle better having the slightly wider rear and narrower front. as you say, looking at that picture (which looks great BTW), your rears could defo take a bit more spacer and the front a bit less. that should certainly reduce the chips on the front lower doors..
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0