Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

09-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #67
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Fiat Multipla

Fantastic news, let me know how you get on! I'm thoroughly interested in the MPE, especially if it can live up to the expectation set by some forum users.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #68
Jimbooo
UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

Crappy video I chucked together the other day. But thought I may as well post it on here.

M4 non comp pack. MPE with valves open
notused306.00
Wills28665.00
      09-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #69
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

MPE on my M4 it's getting better and better with miles
Attached Images

09-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #70
TommyGuk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT4

I really must get a video of my MPE on the CP. It's deep and throaty like the above video but yet pops and crackles and burbles with a deep rumble and that's with only a thousand or so miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #71
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDpetrol View Post
All change! Impressed so far although I haven't really experimented enough. I do think it's expensive but at least it's OEM and I'm told I can swap back later and sell the MPE for at least half what I've paid.

Really big thumbs-up to Sytner Sunningdale for the deal and for packaging my old exhaust so professionally before carefully loading into my car.
How did the old exhaust fit? I am going to pick up a MPE with my F80.... wondering if it will fit.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #72
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGuk View Post
I really must get a video of my MPE on the CP. It's deep and throaty like the above video but yet pops and crackles and burbles with a deep rumble and that's with only a thousand or so miles on the clock.
Wish this was the case on the non-ZCP cars, unfortunately the pop/crackle DME programming is not part of the MPE package.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #73
notused
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37
Quote:
All change! Impressed so far although I haven't really experimented enough. I do think it's expensive but at least it's OEM and I'm told I can swap back later and sell the MPE for at least half what I've paid.

Really big thumbs-up to Sytner Sunningdale for the deal and for packaging my old exhaust so professionally before carefully loading into my car.
How did the old exhaust fit? I am going to pick up a MPE with my F80.... wondering if it will fit.
Just about. Pushed front passenger seat forward and the end of the exhaust was alongside it by the headrest. Sytner guys were great and put cardboard underneath the whole exhaust and back/side of seats so all good.

edit: if you're planning to transport it in it's box, it won't fit.
Appreciate 1
te37545.00
      09-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #74
notused
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlj
Quote:
Wish this was the case on the non-ZCP cars, unfortunately the pop/crackle DME programming is not part of the MPE package.
You'd need the cars side by side to notice the difference, I think. I was perfectly happy with my stock exhaust until I went to a BMW meet. And although many of the cars there were decatted and god knows what, I just wanted a little more noise and burble and farts, which I've got. There are better out there for sure, just depends on personal taste and how far you want to go.
Appreciate 2
Karlj172.50
te37545.00
      09-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #75
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You'd need the cars side by side to notice the difference, I think. I was perfectly happy with my stock exhaust until I went to a BMW meet. And although many of the cars there were decatted and god knows what, I just wanted a little more noise and burble and farts, which I've got. There are better out there for sure, just depends on personal taste and how far you want to go.
You're quite right. Unfortunately the only time I've heard the MPE 'in the flesh' was on a ZCP car. Will eventually have to track down a 'boggo' car with the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 06:09 PM   #76
Jimbooo
UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGuk
It does gurgle but not when revving in neutral. I'll stick the GoPro on the rear bumper and do another video showing the gurgle but it's only when coasting in gear. Usually 2nd or 3rd coasting down from 3k rpm. More prevelant in sport plus and TC fully off (no idea why TC effects it but it does seem to on my car for reasons I cannot explain).
      09-27-2016, 01:08 AM   #77
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
I fear after the Scottish meet it will be hard to resist an exhaust.

Going for Paul's exhaust mod and hopefully that'll save me splurging thousands on an exhaust.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      09-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #78
notused
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC

Going for Paul's exhaust mod and hopefully that'll save me splurging thousands on an exhaust.
Some others that come highly recommended:

AWE
Armytrix
Meisterschaft
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #79
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:

What does Paul's mod exactly mod on the exhaust? Any more information on what is exactly performed? I'm looking to get more sound out of my car. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #80
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro*
Quote:

What does Paul's mod exactly mod on the exhaust? Any more information on what is exactly performed? I'm looking to get more sound out of my car. Thanks
Are you in the UK buddy?

Think he removes the last set of cats and welds up some of the internals.

Sure someone can provide a better description.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 03:13 AM   #81
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
As was mentioned he replaces the secondary cats with straight through pipe and then opens the remaining silencer and the backbox and modifies them to reduce air flow into the baffles so more of the noise gets out
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #82
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

Looks wonderful with the carbon tips and diffuser against the red paintwork, top job.
      10-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #83
Vossen wheels
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i N55

Armytrix sounds sweet!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #84
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

Went from muffler delete to MPE today.... I only have 8 miles on the (used) MPE (with the GF in the car) so I will give a better review later.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DazC905.00
TommyGuk327.00
      01-01-2017, 05:54 AM   #85
Tim4848
Registered
Rep
Drives: Austin yellow M4

Quote:
I was driving around Rivington yesterday! I've got the MPE and people definitely hear me before they see me

Edit: if you'd like to hear the MPE please let me know. Any excuse for a drive
Hi Tommy would you be willing to meet up, I am looking to get the MPE and would like the hear before I buy.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #86
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

AC schnitzer on my Comp pack!

Sounds much better than it did on my non comp.

Appreciate 4
Foretrees762.50
gtsussex1854.00
X88-M17.50
      01-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #87
X88-M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: (F80) M3 Competition

I went with MPE for my M3 Competition. I had considered Akrapovic but didn't want any warranty issues as my car was new at the time of fitting. I have to say I love the sound and cold starts are even better. My only issue is cold start with valves open. I've been reading a lot about being able to open the valves before starting the ignition - press the start/stop button without foot on the brake, press M2 (or whatever your setting to get to Sport Plus), tap the accelerator to open the valves and hit the button. Some say it works, others say it doesn't. So I tried it the other morning with the outside temperature at zero and it certainly does work - for me, anyway. The noise, however, wasn't as nice as I had hoped - but only in the first instance. It's definitely louder but the exhaust seems to rattle on start-up before quickly settling into a very nice, deep rumble. If I could somehow stop the rattle on start-up then MPE with valves open would be the perfect system for me. Having said that, it's a bit of a faff to start up with the valves open and I have to remember that starting up in default Efficient on a CP with MPE does sound very, very nice - even more so when it's cold.

H
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 04:15 AM   #88
X88-M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: (F80) M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
AC schnitzer on my Comp pack!

Sounds much better than it did on my non comp.

This does sound very, very nice! What's it like when cold? I'm now wondering if I should have considered ACS over MPE...

H
Appreciate 0