Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-18-2022, 07:10 PM   #1
mikejacobs
Registered
Rep
Drives: MK2 Focus RS, M4

Installing a sub in an F82 M4

Background, I have a 3-way active system with 4 Gladen Audio amplifiers and a Helix DSP Pro MK3 this all came out of my old car

Normally I would take the car to Cornwall in-car audio who has done 3 installs for me but I work full time and run my own business and he is a 5-hour drive away and needs the car for several days which this of year isn't an option

I'm looking to add the sub and change the under-seat woofers for some Helix Match and run those off another amplifier

I have purchased the technic harness and an LC2i

I can't really find the information I'm looking for

Will the Technic harness allow me to power the under-seat woofers from an amp, I won't need the LOC as I can run the sub direct from the LC2i

I have some Audiofrog 4" mids and 1" tweeters for the front doors but I am waiting till Helix gets stock of their MOST25 adapters before I fit those and the Helix DSP

Any help is much appreciated
Appreciate 1
lavon2.00
      02-25-2023, 06:39 PM   #2
arfboy
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Yes, the Technic Add-a-Sub T-Harness should allow you to tap into the OEM amplifier’s speaker level signal, which will go to your LC2i, which will provide a line level signal for your aftermarket amp. The Technic harness should have an optional OEM woofer pigtail, which should allow you to take the aftermarket amp output and route it back through the Technic harness to your underseat subs.
Appreciate 1
Nguyener150.50