proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #67
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
Will be hard to find. Most were ordered with dct. The ones people got with MT will likely stay with the buyers awhile. I just sold my MT and the buyer was very happy to have found a used one!
I have watched this story play out with the manual E46 and E90 M3s. So when I ordered the F80 I knew a manual was the only choice. It's the hot ticket item when it's time to sell.
I doubt it is as hot as is portrayed here. I know from experience with my e90. Manual was a b-tch to sell. My car was in very good condition, all so called enthusiasts wanted It for half the asking price which was based on Kbb.
Most pple were just interested in Navigation. That was their main point....
Obviously I can't argue with your own personal selling experience. For example, everyone here loves to say how beautiful Oxford Green Metallic is. Someone has a set of photos of it on an M4. I owned an OGM E46... people that wanted to buy it complained about the color. Even the guy who bought it wanted it to be black.

I'll still stand by the 'enthusiasts want a manual' statement. Automatics are a dime a dozen. You just have to know what you have and the patience to wait for your buyer.

Also, I can't be the only person who hates the nav system in every car. It never knows what or where I want to go and it takes an eternity to load the data. My iPhone has a huge screen and finds everything for me in seconds. 95% of the time it knows what I'm saying too. On a long car journey, I can understand using the onboard nav.
You don't say. I was patient but obviously had to drop the price to move forward. The guy who bought it eventually was cross shopping Toyota, Lexus, MB, and some other cars and they were all in different categories (suv, sedans). He was looking for good looking used car at low price. Man did he ruin the car when I saw it a month later... ruined my baby....
ty for not posting what the dweeb did to your car
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #68
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
A used car in a specific color combo with 6MT, in a specific price range and geographic area, is a tall order. You’ll need to be pretty patient. Good luck.
Gave up and bought a c7 corvette 7spd manual. Plenty to choose from in manual.
Appreciate 1
420Coupe222.50
      06-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #69
jondaman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Two door 707HP Hellcat comes with a 6MT. Saw one at the gas station this weekend. Was admiring the car and 6MT, Guy told me if you order the Hellcat with an automatic you're basically a pussy. He asked me what was in my car - I told him Dual Clutch of course.
And they they crash going around a corner at 35MPH on a track.

Past: E46 Metallic Blue Coupe 323i GONE: E86 Jet Black Z4 Convertible GONE: E92 Crimson Red 335i,
F30 Liquid Blue Matallic 328i
Current Garage Queen: Mineral White F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #70
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
Will be hard to find. Most were ordered with dct. The ones people got with MT will likely stay with the buyers awhile. I just sold my MT and the buyer was very happy to have found a used one!
I have watched this story play out with the manual E46 and E90 M3s. So when I ordered the F80 I knew a manual was the only choice. It's the hot ticket item when it's time to sell.
I doubt it is as hot as is portrayed here. I know from experience with my e90. Manual was a b-tch to sell. My car was in very good condition, all so called enthusiasts wanted It for half the asking price which was based on Kbb.
Most pple were just interested in Navigation. That was their main point....
Obviously I can't argue with your own personal selling experience. For example, everyone here loves to say how beautiful Oxford Green Metallic is. Someone has a set of photos of it on an M4. I owned an OGM E46... people that wanted to buy it complained about the color. Even the guy who bought it wanted it to be black.

I'll still stand by the 'enthusiasts want a manual' statement. Automatics are a dime a dozen. You just have to know what you have and the patience to wait for your buyer.

Also, I can't be the only person who hates the nav system in every car. It never knows what or where I want to go and it takes an eternity to load the data. My iPhone has a huge screen and finds everything for me in seconds. 95% of the time it knows what I'm saying too. On a long car journey, I can understand using the onboard nav.
You don't say. I was patient but obviously had to drop the price to move forward. The guy who bought it eventually was cross shopping Toyota, Lexus, MB, and some other cars and they were all in different categories (suv, sedans). He was looking for good looking used car at low price. Man did he ruin the car when I saw it a month later... ruined my baby....
ty for not posting what the dweeb did to your car
?
      06-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #71
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Two door 707HP Hellcat comes with a 6MT. Saw one at the gas station this weekend. Was admiring the car and 6MT, Guy told me if you order the Hellcat with an automatic you're basically a pussy. He asked me what was in my car - I told him Dual Clutch of course.
He must have thought you have 4 pedals....
IB M2782.00
      06-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #72
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Yep, that car hits all my criteria except it's a little far away, and I'd like to find something in the mid 40's, so maybe a 2015 or so. Tons around my area in that price, sadly all are automatic, and i've never even seen a white one for sale for the past 2 months i've been trolling craig's list.

I've been around this forum for over a decade, left when I sold my heavily modified 335i...I actually joined the dark side, this is what I rock now.

Very fast, but very boring at the same time, slow 5spd trans and such a heavy car. Now that it's paid off i'm looking for an M4 to play with.

Just need to search cars.com for your criteria. Found one on Arlington VA at your price point. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4755/overview/ PS I accept commission lol
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:12 PM   #73
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
Just need to search cars.com for your criteria. Found one on Arlington VA at your price point. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4755/overview/ PS I accept commission lol

damnnnnn, that's the one. I'll inquire about it, thanks.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0