Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
Steve_James
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Super happy with BM3, Pure Stage 2 and maps from F80 Paul

I’ve recently gone with BM3 here in the UK so I can have a tune tailored better to my AWESOME Pure Stage 2 turbos.

Until recently I’d been running a custom map from a respectable main stream UK tuner but with BM3 I was able to tap into the skills of all the custom tuners on their database - I’ve been using Paul Johnson AKA F80Paul.

All I can say is OMG have I been super impressed! The car was running right around the 600bhp mark anyway on last dyno run but over the last week we have been tweaking and tuning with a base map made by Paul. I’ll run with BM3 on in the car, log some 3rd and 4th gear pulls, then he looks at the data and tunes further, alway small incremental changes. He commented today that the wastegates on my PS2’s seem a little more sensitive than normal so this type of mapping completely tailored to your own car, mods and fuel in your country is really a big leap forward.

My next custom map is for a E40 mix!

Really, I could not be happier with the Pure turbos and the mapping from Paul via BM3. Not only is the car making way more power than previous on pump fuel, it’s just beautifully smooth and progressive. I can honestly say that traction, even with so much more power is HEAPS better than stock turbos and a typical map. Damn, even the off throttle burbles are lovely now (running ESS DP's, AA midpipe and MP rear)

Don’t even think about it, just buy the BM3 + Pure 😊

Thanks F80Paul, Pure and BM3!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Glad to know you are happy with your tune

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP

Thank you Steve. Just wait until you see how much difference 40% ethanol will make!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
Steve_James
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

I’m super excited! Less so that the UK weather forecast is cold and wet again though It took a lot of miles today to get transmission up to temp and rear tires warm enough to do pulls in 3rd. Happy miles!!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 02:47 AM   #5
M3th_add1ct
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw M4 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_James View Post
I’ve recently gone with BM3 here in the UK so I can have a tune tailored better to my AWESOME Pure Stage 2 turbos.

Until recently I’d been running a custom map from a respectable main stream UK tuner but with BM3 I was able to tap into the skills of all the custom tuners on their database - I’ve been using Paul Johnson AKA F80Paul.

All I can say is OMG have I been super impressed! The car was running right around the 600bhp mark anyway on last dyno run but over the last week we have been tweaking and tuning with a base map made by Paul. I’ll run with BM3 on in the car, log some 3rd and 4th gear pulls, then he looks at the data and tunes further, alway small incremental changes. He commented today that the wastegates on my PS2’s seem a little more sensitive than normal so this type of mapping completely tailored to your own car, mods and fuel in your country is really a big leap forward.

My next custom map is for a E40 mix!

Really, I could not be happier with the Pure turbos and the mapping from Paul via BM3. Not only is the car making way more power than previous on pump fuel, it’s just beautifully smooth and progressive. I can honestly say that traction, even with so much more power is HEAPS better than stock turbos and a typical map. Damn, even the off throttle burbles are lovely now (running ESS DP's, AA midpipe and MP rear)

Don’t even think about it, just buy the BM3 + Pure

Thanks F80Paul, Pure and BM3!
Sound clip off ess dps aa mid and mp rear

I have mp rear and cts turbo dp looking to maybe do mid pipes
      09-19-2018, 05:17 AM   #6
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Paul knows the s55 so damn well
and he just keeps getting better and better with these tunes
Appreciate 0